Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Election

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
I just love all the people who suddenly have law degrees.

"for a year prior to the election" means the person should be a member for the year before the election. The purpose of this rule is to prevent someone coming in and buying the election. By rule, Eric does not qualify to be president, but I think if Eric joins ROAR right now, he should be allowed to run based on the number of years he has been a member.

Destroy ROAR? Okay, fine. No ROAR means no rules. No rules means RC racing dies.
Jim,

Jim I will for the most part agree with what you posted. BUT by this below just when does my membership expire? Or when did it expire?

EA
Attached Thumbnails ROAR Election-img_3077.jpg  
Old 11-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, so it seems like the majority views the bylaws as ambiguous. Is this thread now just a place for those folks to vent their frustrations, or is there something that can still be done to move forward and get EA into office in this term? What's the next step, if any?
Old 11-17-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

You know... out of all the big R/C Races I've attended in the past 2 years (Southern Nats in Memphis, Snowbirds, IIC, Texas EOS, Icebreaker, and 2012 Carpet Nats) more than 90% of them could care less about participants having a ROAR membership. The one race that did require a ROAR membership was not nearly as much fun as the others, so from now on I plan to only attend races that don't require me to have a ROAR membership.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
You know... out of all the big R/C Races I've attended in the past 2 years (Southern Nats in Memphis, Snowbirds, IIC, Texas EOS, Icebreaker, and 2012 Carpet Nats) more than 90% of them could care less about participants having a ROAR membership. The one race that did require a ROAR membership was not nearly as much fun as the others, so from now on I plan to only attend races that don't require me to have a ROAR membership.
+1
Old 11-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
OK, so it seems like the majority views the bylaws as ambiguous. Is this thread now just a place for those folks to vent their frustrations, or is there something that can still be done to move forward and get EA into office in this term? What's the next step, if any?
Following up on my own post, unless there are other suggestions that I've missed or have yet to be posted, is it worth while to start a petition of EA's qualifications and submit to the EXCOM for their consideration? Scanning the by-laws, it looks like the majority rules on EXCOM decisions and if a significant sample of the ROAR membership supports an exception to EXCOM's apparent interpretation of the presidential candidate qualifications for this one special occasion, then possibly the EXCOM majority can make a special allowance to the qualifications with support from the petition. The petition is an expression of the best interests of the membership, and thus the long term sustainability of the ROAR organization.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
Don't you have to be in the good ol boys club to get on the ballot? Seems like a legit election
Wow. Somebody knew what they were talking about...
Old 11-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by oladele; 11-17-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Double post..
Old 11-17-2014, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
Following up on my own post, unless there are other suggestions that I've missed or have yet to be posted, is it worth while to start a petition of EA's qualifications and submit to the EXCOM for their consideration? Scanning the by-laws, it looks like the majority rules on EXCOM decisions and if a significant sample of the ROAR membership supports an exception to EXCOM's apparent interpretation of the presidential candidate qualifications, then possibly the EXCOM majority can make a special allowance to the qualifications that has been supported by the petition. The petition is an expression of the best interests of the membership, and thus the long term sustainability of the ROAR organization.
Sam, a petition is a nice gesture but isn't worth the paper its written on. By the statements posted here via some of the Excom and directors the source of this problem needs to be taken care of "in house" thats why the non-confidence vote should be used, but this also has to come from within the organization too.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Even the constitution of the United States has something similar to this regarding presidential election. It states that they must live in the United States for 14 years. This is widely interpreted as it is stated, they do not have to be consecutive or the 14 years leading up to becoming president.

If you want to go by your bylaws, at least go by the words you have agreed upon.
It also states the person must be born inside the United States.... Lotta fukn good that did...
Old 11-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Jim,

Jim I will for the most part agree with what you posted. BUT by this below just when does my membership expire? Or when did it expire?

EA
This.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Dereliction of duty is a powerful thing.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Jim,

EA
Hmmmm.........

Interesting picture.

I do know that membership fees are handled by the ROAR administrator. The administrator is a non-voting member of the excomm. The current administrator has been in this position for some time, and he is extremely diligent in his position.

Apparently, when you renewed (your picture doesn't show that), the administrator back dated your membership to your original join date. That says to me you've been a continuous member for a year.

I've had communications with Steve Pond and Steve Mruk in the past. They both seem like good guys who are trying to do something for RC racing. I don't know what they have against you running, unless they have something in mind and your recent interest lacks sincerity. If it was me, I'd be like "he wants it, he can have it!!!"

Did someone really compare the United States Constitution to the ROAR by-laws???? Dude, you know we're talking about racing toy cars for bowling trophies, right?
Old 11-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Dereliction of duty is a powerful thing.
When did this become the military?
Old 11-17-2014, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jiml
When did this become the military?
It encompasses far more than the military.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.