ROAR Election

Reply

Old 11-28-2014, 05:50 AM
  #541  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
NITRO 540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stafford Va.
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Trust me you guys did a great job getting the attention of most everyone in the
Rc Industry. Both Steve's are very aware of what's on this thread.
The only thing that really bothers me about this thread is the fact that some people will make suggestions and complain about this or that. But they can't get off their chair to help. Meaning get engaged with your Region Director. Become a Region Director or become a member. Do something besides complain. Step up and help. It's called a Selfless Act. Donate Free Time. Create solutions.
I asked for a conference call. I have 1 guy that responded with great Ideas.
That's pretty pathetic for a bunch of people that complain about what needs to be fixed with Roar.
NITRO 540 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:57 AM
  #542  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,641
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
This is literally the dumbest thing I've ever read on the Internet.
When you have a problem with your computer do you go out on the internet and expect Bill Gates to answer your microsoft questions?

When you car breaks down and you go to the Ford garage, do you get Mark Fields, the CEO of Ford to repair your car while you wait?

When your tekin esc dies, does that mean Jim Campbell has to fix it for you?

I am trying to put this into perspective using an analogy and not to be taken word for word.
jmackani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:07 AM
  #543  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Speed Freak RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Grayling, MI
Posts: 659
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

ROAR sucks, just go away already.

Tracks are closing left and right, and ROAR doesn't do a damn thing to help out. They have nothing going to bring new people into the hobby. All they care about is having big races that the average person could never afford to run. F them.
Speed Freak RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:15 AM
  #544  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (77)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
If you follow the ROAR Prez facebook page he has no problem going out to speak with people that voted him in. He has been at the The Track in Gaithersburg over the last few weekends. He was at almost every offroad series race in the region over the summer. He also attended the Onroad Nats in Florida and the Offroad Nats in Texas to speak with the racers and manufacturers and show his support.
Just quoting you. You are the one that said you can't talk to him until you go through the region director. I don't know where he shows up and don't really care.

Not one person on here yet thought your president post was appropriate, that should tell you something.
goin2drt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:22 AM
  #545  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Jack Kloeber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 182
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
I am a region director at the moment for the next month. Most of the phone calls I take and what I participate in on this forum does get brought up whether you guys see or it hear it. I stepped down as the competition director a little over a year ago because I tried to reach out via this forum on some subjects and was implied in a silent way this was not being endorsed. Eventually the other guys who have reached out from the committee on here will probably come to a similar scenario where the public view will not go over well with a peer on the committee. I am in agreement with many of things brought up here. I thought ROAR could be fixed and that is why I did the regional director for the last two years, competition director for a short stint, etc. with actual aspirations of running for the president position to help implement a forward thinking organization. I then really saw the light and the restrictions of what you are put under. Everyone on that committee has to carry the weight and understand it's not a just show up when you feel like caring situation. Until that is fixed, it will continue.

just stupid.... why not use your real name champ
Jack Kloeber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:23 AM
  #546  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,641
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Just quoting you. You are the one that said you can't talk to him until you go through the region director. I don't know where he shows up and don't really care.

Not one person on here yet thought your president post was appropriate, that should tell you something.
The internet is great for taking things quite literally and out of context which most of us on the past page have done.
jmackani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:24 AM
  #547  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,641
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jack Kloeber View Post
just stupid.... why not use your real name champ
Jason Mackanick if you are concerned. It's been my username from before ROAR and is derived from when most computer applications only allowed eight characters. Do you want my email address and phone number too? I have nothing to hide.
jmackani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:44 AM
  #548  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,173
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

.

Last edited by syndr0me; 11-28-2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: meh, nobody cares
syndr0me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:07 AM
  #549  
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,683
Default

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC View Post
ROAR sucks, just go away already.

Tracks are closing left and right, and ROAR doesn't do a damn thing to help out. They have nothing going to bring new people into the hobby. All they care about is having big races that the average person could never afford to run. F them.
I agree that large organisations must help/support clubs but if there is no local interest there is not much you can do. Also the track/club is responsable to get itself in the picture of the local people and that is not done that much....
Roelof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:27 AM
  #550  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,641
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
.
Not everything at ROAR goes bad. There is some hope from your past.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r#post11946959
"Wow, where do I begin?

First, I have to complement ROAR on an outstanding job. Once the motor tech situation got resolved, things were really smooth. I've haven't been a particularly big supporter of ROAR as of late, but the guys at the race were total class. And they were willing to listen to the racers."


http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r#post13580435

"IN!!!!!!!!!" for the 2015 Carpet Nats.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r#post13477690

"It would be kinda cool to see ROAR step up and organize their own race at a temporary venue (mall, hotel, or somewhere else with lots of exposure) and handle all the logistics. I'd definitely travel for that no matter where it was."
jmackani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:53 AM
  #551  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (85)
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,226
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
I agree that large organisations must help/support clubs but if there is no local interest there is not much you can do. Also the track/club is responsable to get itself in the picture of the local people and that is not done that much....
+1
GMartinez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:08 AM
  #552  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,173
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Not everything at ROAR goes bad. There is some hope from your past.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r#post11946959
"Wow, where do I begin?

First, I have to complement ROAR on an outstanding job. Once the motor tech situation got resolved, things were really smooth. I've haven't been a particularly big supporter of ROAR as of late, but the guys at the race were total class. And they were willing to listen to the racers."


http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r#post13580435

"IN!!!!!!!!!" for the 2015 Carpet Nats.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r#post13477690

"It would be kinda cool to see ROAR step up and organize their own race at a temporary venue (mall, hotel, or somewhere else with lots of exposure) and handle all the logistics. I'd definitely travel for that no matter where it was."
Horsham nats was a good experience. To their credit, ROAR did a good job of not screwing things up. The Horsham people are what made that race great.

I want ROAR to work. That's why I joined the campaign to try and replace most of you with competent people.
syndr0me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:32 AM
  #553  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
NITRO 540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stafford Va.
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Horsham nats was a good experience. To their credit, ROAR did a good job of not screwing things up. The Horsham people are what made that race great.

I want ROAR to work. That's why I joined the campaign to try and replace most of you with competent people.
When can you start? Love to have you.
NITRO 540 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:36 AM
  #554  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
When you have a problem with your computer do you go out on the internet and expect Bill Gates to answer your microsoft questions?

When you car breaks down and you go to the Ford garage, do you get Mark Fields, the CEO of Ford to repair your car while you wait?

When your tekin esc dies, does that mean Jim Campbell has to fix it for you?

I am trying to put this into perspective using an analogy and not to be taken word for word.
ROAR is essentially a club for toy car racers, not some multi million $$, investor conglomerate
Your analogies are way out of perspective, unless you folks actually take yourselves that serious ?

Yes, I can talk to Jim Campbell, Ernst, Howhart, Cochran, Carbone, Hudy, Calandra, Epp, etc, etc
They come to IIC every year

I don't trouble them unless I have a question, in which case they answer best they can

Heck, at the Sponsor Meet n' Greet, you can discuss what ever you like with them while enjoying Free beer & tacos

I don't have the time or resources to hit a ROAR race unless it's within a few hours drive, so I get that some of us may never see the Excom

All the more reason for them to open up here, and take some heat, or compliments, or in the very least, start engaging roar members on their very own roar forum, which to be honest, is a ghostown
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:52 AM
  #555  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,641
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

It's a two way street on communication. Deciding the location appears to be the issue. A thread was started over there at http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...=3796#post3796 where Paul King did give some response.
jmackani is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service