Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Roar Carpet Nats at Horsham Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bush River RC
Trying to make this race. Will there be any opportunities for practice other than on Thursday? I wouldnt be able to arrive until Thursday evening. Also what spec tire is run in TC. Thanks
We haven't gotten the full schedule yet but there was some practice each night and morning. Not much but some.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Race web site and flyer update. Hotel info. Tires.
http://www.jacksonrcracing.com/horshamrc/
Old 02-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

WOW. National Events sure got expensive. I hope the track gets most of the entry fee, as they deserve it. Horsham is a fantastic facility and the new sub floor for those who haven't run on it yet is very smooth.

Hopefully I can get off from work as it not often the Nationals makes it way to the East Coast.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Damn when did the entry fee go up !!!
Old 02-11-2015, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by miller tyme
Damn when did the entry fee go up !!!
Good question Ken.... great timing with all the BS that transpired the last few months...
Old 02-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

I think entry fee went up at the beginning of the year. I'm not super involved this year and while I don't know if the track see's any of the money from this increase, It is only 15 extra dollars for the first class. The rest are the same.

When was the last time a ROAR Nationals entry fee went up? I really have no idea. I cant remember what I payed at my first ROAR nationals in 1992 and not in 2004? If anyone does remember I would be interested. Could be inflation for cost of getting RMT to the races? Could benefit the track? I really don't know.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 02-11-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

ROAR lost 33K dollars last year on National events if you look at the financial report on their web page.

The first entry went up 15.00 but the rest of the entries remain the same as last year.

Also please note that there WILL Be a late fee if you sign up after the Sunday before the event. Even if you sign up for one class on line and then want to add a class at the event there will be a late fee on the 2nd class at the event.

EA
Old 02-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Guy's

Just want to wish everyone the best of Luck at The Roar Nats coming to Horsham this year. Super smooth high bite track here's some You tube Videos of the track mixture of old and new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvp9Zc9KFKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqIxCTgfo08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aquQR47JJ3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEPRuSLAYxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAXRHefxeKY
Old 02-11-2015, 04:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

guys - the only way the track will see any "serious" money is due to pre-entries. the racers are the people to make this happen. get those roar cards out ... and up to date. make it happen!
Old 02-12-2015, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Like Hanulec said, Get those entries in. This is a Nice Track!!!! Supa Smooth High Bite!!! Check the Vids above I posted.

Originally Posted by hanulec
guys - the only way the track will see any "serious" money is due to pre-entries. the racers are the people to make this happen. get those roar cards out ... and up to date. make it happen!
Old 02-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

How did the Canadian Nationals thread get stickied like 3 months in advance? We need some of that action.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default tires

the handout tires for sedan is really hard? I dont race sedan much but arent most races hand out tire medium?
Old 02-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nazman01
the handout tires for sedan is really hard? I dont race sedan much but arent most races hand out tire medium?
Yes they have traditionally been a Medium/30 tire.

What we've experienced at our track since laying down the subfloor and using new carpet this year is that the Mediums(in their current form) produce an insane amount of grip even for 20-30 cars on a club race day. So much that many many cars are traction rolling violently. I think this is a product of both the medium tires and the way we laid the carpet down as a single piece seamed together with seamtape and stretched as opposed to gluing the whole thing down or gluing at the seams. This violent traction rolling was/is actually causing our carpet to be damaged from the violent traction rolling and body posts and axles ripping the rug. This is not the reason we chose Hards but its a small factor.

This has also been happening at many of the larger races this year. The snowbirds and IIC particularly. Where gluing sidewalls of tires is a major factor in how well your car handles.

We are not looking for a race that makes people miserable and want to quit rc.

So we started testing Hard Solaris tires. What I personally found was using them and changing nothing else on our high grip made my car maybe .1 slower per lap. But there was absolutely no tendency for the car to traction roll anymore and no need for sidewall glue. Yet the car still handled exactly the same with no setup changes. And they last a good bit longer as well. I found that the 2-5th run the car got faster. Which was not happening on Mediums.

Most of the manufactures tires vary from batch to batch and it seems that in the last 6 months or so the batches of all brands of tires, Sweep, Gravity, Jaco, Solaris all are leaning in the soft direction.

I will say this. The Hards that we have been testing with are softer than the Jacos from the 2014 snowbirds which was an extremely hard "medium" tire. Since then the jacos have swung back in the softer direction though.

We want to have the most enjoyable race possible and we will have plenty of grip with harder tires. Anyone that has raced there this year will attest to that.

I think the right decision has been made. Now we just have to hope that people actually show up and cause the grip to be high.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 02-12-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default thanks

thanks larry for the awesome answer. appreciated
Old 02-13-2015, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Default hard tires

As a person (peripherally) involved in the distribution of Solaris tires I can say that what Larry says is totally true. He is a pretty fart smeller

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.