R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

The 9551 is good for the price yes. I certainly wouldn't call it the best on the market though.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #17
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

The top Servos out there are the protek, JR , and KO Servos.....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #18
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
The 9551 is good for the price yes. I certainly wouldn't call it the best on the market though.
What would you suggest is.

I have also really liked the high end KO servos fractionally faster also very accurate and precise but about 10g heavier. I still use them in other cars just not TC.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

I prefer the KO one10 for TC. I think it's a little smoother and more precise than the Futaba's. The Futaba BLS551 would be my second choice.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #20
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
I prefer the KO one10 for TC. I think it's a little smoother and more precise than the Futaba's. The Futaba BLS551 would be my second choice.

I haven't used any of the new Rsx series so I can't comment. It should be good just a new version of what I have used just a touch lighter. Still 6g heavier than the s9951.

I prefer the s9551 over bls551 the s9551 is a little smoother and more precise.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #21
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,989
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

I currently have a M11x and will most likely upgrade to M12 soon. I've previously had the s9551, KO 2413 and Sanwa sdx801 till i got my current Futabas. If I'm using a BLS551 now and wanted a change then you guys are saying the KO is my only better option? Does no one run the Sanwa srg v2? The KO do look a nice spec.

Any recommendations for 1/12th. I'm looking at futaba s9650 or the Sanwa 94761.
__________________
Adelaide RC - XRAY Xb216de & Xb416

Walter Rc Hobby - Serpent 4X

Nosram - R1wurks - Sanwa - Hudy - Muchmore

Last edited by Benzaah; 10-05-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #22
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone tried hirosaka servo
nene_805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:33 AM   #23
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
I currently have a M11x and will most likely upgrade to M12 soon. I've previously had the s9551, KO 2413 and Sanwa sdx801 till i got my current Futabas. If I'm using a BLS551 now and wanted a change then you guys are saying the KO is my only better option? Does no one run the Sanwa srg v2? The KO do look a nice spec.

Any recommendations for 1/12th. I'm looking at futaba s9650 or the Sanwa 94761.
I cant speak for 1/12th but the high end KOs low profile servos are still digital coreless not brushless.

Corless is less powerful and less efficient than brushless but more precise and smoother.

I preffer the feel of coreless over brushless but the BLS551 is a very good servo.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #24
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpod View Post
I haven't used any of the new Rsx series so I can't comment. It should be good just a new version of what I have used just a touch lighter. Still 6g heavier than the s9951.

I prefer the s9551 over bls551 the s9551 is a little smoother and more precise.
You haven't tried any KO servo and yet you still commented declaring the 9551 the best low profile servo on the market.

You're either in a very special market or forget very quickly. The RSX one-10 is right there at the top (not that top you declared on last page) but the market top end of servos. Yep, it's low profile too, and all aluminium housing. I would say it's probably the best low profile servo on the..... oh, nevermind.

But it's the next one what makes you truly unique.

The BLS 551 is a newer, more refined 9551. You're the only person I heard saying the older version is smoother and more precise (over one with a brushless motor no less).
And I bet you can tell by hand the 6g difference, not only the .03s travel time.

And yes, I have both (and a couple of RSX-one 10 for good measure).
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.

Last edited by niznai; 10-06-2014 at 07:12 AM.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #25
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
You haven't tried any KO servo and yet you still commented declaring the 9551 the best low profile servo on the market.

You're either in a very special market or forget very quickly. The RSX one-10 is right there at the top (not that top you declared on last page) but the market top end of servos. Yep, it's low profile too, and all aluminium housing. I would say it's probably the best low profile servo on the..... oh, nevermind.

But it's the next one what makes you truly unique.

The BLS 551 is a newer, more refined 9551. You're the only person I heard saying the older version is smoother and more precise (over one with a brushless motor no less).
And I bet you can tell by hand the 6g difference, not only the .03s travel time.

And yes, I have both (and a couple of RSX-one 10 for good measure).
You should read more closely what is written.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #26
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dark side of the moon
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpod View Post
I haven't used any of the new Rsx series so I can't comment. It should be good just a new version of what I have used just a touch lighter. Still 6g heavier than the s9951.

I prefer the s9551 over bls551 the s9551 is a little smoother and more precise.
9551 is nice but impossible to find gear sets for. Futaba will replace individual gears on an order basis but stopped shipping the full gear sets a while ago.
__________________
A700 17.5 Stock, USGT, CVTA, RCO Sportsman
WF D06 USVTA
trackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #27
Tech Adept
 
Mr Weasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne, victoria
Posts: 109
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

http://www.ofremmi.info/F3A/Technic/...st_results.htm

this might be handy.

S9551 accuracy 0.4 deg
BLS551 accuracy 0.97 deg
Mr Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:22 AM   #28
Tech Initiate
 
Raymann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: AUSTRALIA NSW
Posts: 37
Default

Attached Thumbnails
Whats a good steering servo-2014-10-07-05.19.54-pm.png  
__________________
RAYMOND JW,
###XRAY T4 2013### IN AUSTRALIA...
@ IMCC (Illawarra model car club) http://www.imcc.org.au/
Raymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:52 AM   #29
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Weasel View Post
http://www.ofremmi.info/F3A/Technic/...st_results.htm

this might be handy.

S9551 accuracy 0.4 deg
BLS551 accuracy 0.97 deg
Having a quick look at the tests/data for the two servos I find the non linearity graph is not consistent with the findings about the accuracy. The linearity graph for the BLS551 is closer to expected values than the 9551 and both display the highest non linearity at -45deg (whatever that means?). The rest of the curve is way closer for the BLS than the 9551, so I am not sure how the accuracy claim is supported (the accuracy data is collected with 2kg load, I understand that, not sure what is the load for the non linearity test). If the load is the same, then the two results are not consistent hence further refinement of the test is needed, and more data collected (more servos tested). This is true anyway, otherwise what you've got is a single data point (one servo of each tested) which may or may not be representative, but in any case statistically irrelevant.
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #30
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Back to the OP question, instead of all the useless arguing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewXGen View Post
Looking to upgrade my tc4 stock servo can anyone tell me a good servo brand/model? looking to spend about 50-70 bucks.
For your budget if you want new, I would suggest looking at Savox servos. They fit your budget and will get the job done. You could also probably find a used servo like the Futaba BLS551 or S9551 here on RCtech in your price range.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:38 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net