Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tire insertd for TC tires >

Tire insertd for TC tires

Tire insertd for TC tires

Old 10-01-2014, 08:01 PM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
OttoKrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 502
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Tire insertd for TC tires

I know this is impossible to answer accurately without knowing our conditions but I need some guidance in finding quality tire inserts for 24mm touring car wheels.

Any knowledge you can share would be helpful.

I need insert data and places to find them, thanks in advance.
OttoKrosse is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 03:23 AM
  #2  
Tech Fanatic
 
Salkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 882
Default

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
I know this is impossible to answer accurately without knowing our conditions but I need some guidance in finding quality tire inserts for 24mm touring car wheels.

Any knowledge you can share would be helpful.

I need insert data and places to find them, thanks in advance.
Isn't it easier to just use the control tire that are used at races (carpet/asphalt).
Salkin is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 07:40 AM
  #3  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
OttoKrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 502
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
Isn't it easier to just use the control tire that are used at races (carpet/asphalt).
Yes, but that's not the point.

The Tamiya 18 spoke chrome wheels will be more for looks (for an Audi R8 I'm doing) but I'd like to be able to run them in races so I'll be setting the BLING wheels up with race-able tires and inserts. If I'm going to make something up to look good I'd like it to be functional too.
OttoKrosse is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 08:10 AM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
Yes, but that's not the point.

The Tamiya 18 spoke chrome wheels will be more for looks (for an Audi R8 I'm doing) but I'd like to be able to run them in races so I'll be setting the BLING wheels up with race-able tires and inserts. If I'm going to make something up to look good I'd like it to be functional too.
Every now and then I glue up a set of sorex on some cooler looking spoke rims. I had a set on Tamiya chrome rims once. Looked awesome. They created a bit larger air gap due to being a slightly smaller rim, but worked quite well. I race mainly on carpet and usually just tear a set of schumacher JB (blue) inserts out of an old set of sorex premounts. I'd like to try the new black inserts though. They sound like they will be better than blue on carpet

For asphalt I'd use red inserts, or maybe yellow, both schumacher.

I don't have much experience with other brands of inserts, though I'm sure there are others that are very good or maybe better.
locked is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.