Wiki Posts
Search

AMBrc Personal Transponder

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default AMBrc Personal Transponder

Hi,

Got on eBay a 2nd AMB PT, in order to be able to run two class without additional pain.

I would like to know if I got a damage unit, or if my time man was unable to configure properly the transponder.

The light on the AMB is getting green when is power up ... but passing on the track line don't show any lap count !

The 2nd AMP PT look identical to my original one (never had a single issue with my 1st AMB PT). WIth the only excpetion that the my 2nd AMB has a stupid green circle spot where is the led ... making very hard to know if the AMB PT is on with sunlight ... the 1st AMB PT doesn't have this green spot ... and when is power up is more visible the light.

Any idea why my 2nd AMB doesn't work ?

e_lm_70

P.S: This time our time man had to use a spare computer ... with the old computer there was a software where was more easy to see all the lap time, even without register the transponder code on the sistem.

P.S: Is there any chance that the code on the unit is wrong ?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Where did you mount the AMB?
Fibre/metal chassis tend to block/hamper the signal...
Try the AMB plugged iin but not attached to your chassis.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my guess is that the number on the second pt is not registered or setup with your computer system or race management program, when you drive your car across the line do you here any sound? what software are you using? make sure its not mounted onto any graphite surface sometimes the chasiss can cause a problem with reception. one last thing check to see if the pt works in someone elses car.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

My AMB was mounted with servo tape over my servo ... in a TA05 ... no CF.
I have seen some other guys doing the same...

My working AMB is mouned on the upper layer of CF in my F201 (3Racing chassis = full CF chassis) ... never had a problem with it!

The time man is a very experience guy ... we did try twice , in two different time of the day.

Does anybody knows if there is a different between AMB PT with the green point ... from the one that are plan red over the light ... ???

My working AMB has a orange light ... while the non working one has a green light !

e_lm_70
Old 09-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the one with the green light is just a newer version of the pt i have a few of each style, ask someone else to try it in there car, i have had this problem with one of my cars and it worked in a friends car so we swapped.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I had a problem with one of my PT's not counting laps. I had been using it for over a year when it stopped. I sent it in to AMb and they sent me a new one. It cost me $8 s/h.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:12 AM
Tech Adept

AMB has promptly reply my email.

They have offer me to send to them for verify and eventually fix it.

I will go that way.

The AMB PT are quite expensive, but it look like AMB is taking a lot of care of their customers.

Thanks

e_lm_70
Old 09-13-2005, 02:35 AM
Tech Master

Its good to hear from someone that AMD has great customer service.Cause I just purchased a used PT from a friend.And everyone knows that 2nd stuff aren't as good as brand new ones.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Make sure you have it plugged into the receiver correctly. I had mine plugged in backwards once and even though the light was on...it didn't count. The light was dim when plugged in backwards and brighter when plugged in correctly.