R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-13-2005, 01:32 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default connected battery to "motor" on ESC

hi i connected my battery to the deans plug that was connected to the esc for the motor..... i saw smoke coming out... id my esc now dead??
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:34 AM   #2
Tech Regular

most probably the ESC is burned. You can return it to the factory or the place you bought it from and they will exchange it for you.
Secret_weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:38 AM   #3
Tech Regular

its still show lights and recognises throttle and brake, but when i throttle or brake, the motor just buzzes but doesnt move, like asif it doesnt have enough power
Old 09-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Having gone through the exact same senario this past weekend, I would venture to say that your ESC is dead. Mine acutally completely cooked and left an open circuit from the battery to the motor (read wide open to the motor ) Took it apart and cant tell any color other than black inside. I took it back to the LHS and they said that I should send it back and they would replace it no problem.
94_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:10 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what kinda speed control ... just wondering ..
Old 09-13-2005, 09:30 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

EDIT: Acutally now that I re-read the original post, I actually started to solder the battery backwards. Took it off and re-soldered it the right way, but too late. But it was acting like yours sounds like it is. Pull the trigger and just kinda grunts. Wheels turned great just didnt have any foward movement to it.

Mine was a Futaba MC800c It was a real good speed control, just my stupidity burned it up.
94_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:43 PM   #7
Tech Master

Oh No... Sad to hear of your plight.I can feel your pain.

I too last time fried an esc or 2.Just sent it back to the manufacturer and they'll replace it with a brand new unit for a small fee,its better then you get another esc.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:55 PM   #8
Tech Adept

no offense, but you are wiring your plugs wrong. you should solder a female plug to the battery. this connects to a male deans to the esc. the other wires coming out of the esc should connect to a female. and the motor should connect with another male. that way you cannot make the wrong connection. hope this is of some help.
Dodgersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:07 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgersfan
no offense, but you are wiring your plugs wrong. you should solder a female plug to the battery. this connects to a male deans to the esc. the other wires coming out of the esc should connect to a female. and the motor should connect with another male. that way you cannot make the wrong connection. hope this is of some help.

yeah thanks..... i read the instructions and skip that precaution lol

oh well.... live and learn on a cheap esc