Like Tree291Likes

GT12 Racing

Old 11-15-2021, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chjosi
Don't they run GT12 with 13.5 motors too?
5 Versions of GT12 at this point unfortunately.. 6 once "well down here in Florida" chimes in
abailey21 likes this.
Old 11-15-2021, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Okay I'll chime in just for you. We started it with simple rules: 21.5 any GT body, Blinky esc, open gear ratio and FOAM tires. We have a total of one track in Fla that is carpet and the rest are outdoors. The carpet track races once a month. Our class is growing all the time. We are also starting GT10 also on foam tires. The only rubber class run here is F1.We are having fun with the class we started and also the GT10. Florida leads and the rest just follow (for the past 40 years)!
trx-1racer likes this.
Old 11-15-2021, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Okay I'll chime in just for you. We started it with simple rules: 21.5 any GT body, Blinky esc, open gear ratio and FOAM tires. We have a total of one track in Fla that is carpet and the rest are outdoors. The carpet track races once a month. Our class is growing all the time. We are also starting GT10 also on foam tires. The only rubber class run here is F1.We are having fun with the class we started and also the GT10. Florida leads and the rest just follow (for the past 40 years)!
Just giving you a hard time, is gt10 with a 2S ?
Old 11-16-2021, 04:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Everyone runs foam TC?
Old 11-16-2021, 05:04 AM
Tech Champion

Yes are GT10's are 2 cell. If any of you guys are coming down for the birds- I'm very easy to find and we can talk. As for TC - I don't run those classes and that's up to you.As for racing- I don't know of any racing that is cheap?
gwc likes this.
Old 11-16-2021, 05:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gwc
Rubber tires are the reason the GT12 21.5 class is growing at our track! But there are always going to be those that just don't like rubber tires just like it was with the TCs.
Same here. (Toledo). GT12 was completely dead and wasn't even run for a season or two. A few of us tried the SJTs and now 12GT the second largest class. (with WGTR being the largest)
gwc likes this.

Last edited by mrreet2001; 11-16-2021 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-16-2021, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

That's how we are set up here in AZ too. I would like to see it run on a spec tire, even foam, but there is resistance to it. I personally haven't tried them, but I'm told the rubber tires are awful on our track which is epoxy over concrete.
Old 11-16-2021, 06:11 AM
gwc
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes are GT10's are 2 cell. If any of you guys are coming down for the birds- I'm very easy to find and we can talk. As for TC - I don't run those classes and that's up to you.As for racing- I don't know of any racing that is cheap?
Yea none of the classes are cheap just some a little cheaper than others, choose your poison 🙄
BullFrog likes this.
Old 11-16-2021, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trx-1racer
That's how we are set up here in AZ too. I would like to see it run on a spec tire, even foam, but there is resistance to it. I personally haven't tried them, but I'm told the rubber tires are awful on our track which is epoxy over concrete.
Have you tried the foam spec tires on our track yet? I have, they didn't work for me. That's why we will find resistance to the spec tires. We could specify purple fronts and blue rears like most people are running, but since those tires don't have any identifying colored stripes, it's impossible to police.
LonnyJ1950 likes this.
Old 11-16-2021, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racermac73
Im not stirring up the pot or anything like that.. but it would make more sense if everyone was on the same tires and carpet on both sides of the pond, just saying 🤷🏻‍♂️
Most people on this side of the pond want nothing to do with BRCA stuff...like ever.
mrreet2001 and gwc like this.
Old 11-16-2021, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by glennhl
Have you tried the foam spec tires on our track yet? I have, they didn't work for me. That's why we will find resistance to the spec tires. We could specify purple fronts and blue rears like most people are running, but since those tires don't have any identifying colored stripes, it's impossible to police.
There are a handful of foam spec tires. The Contact are purple F&R as I recall. That might not be too bad, but I have not tried them...

edit: Who has tried the SJT rubber tires at P&F?

Last edited by trx-1racer; 11-16-2021 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Actually the purple stripe tires are Lilac compound, slightly softer than purple. They worked fine for me on the front, but were not good on the back. Both Jamie Smith and Joe Schmidt tried the SJT rubber tires and both said they were horrible. Have you run yet on the track? If so, what tires did you like?
LonnyJ1950 likes this.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

My biggest issue with the SJT tires is that you can only buy them in full sets. We were running the SJT tires and liked the competition, easy maintenance, etc.... But, everyone was running through front tires way faster then rears. So we had piles of barely worn rear tires because we had to keep buying new full sets. We changed back to the spec (purple stripe) foam tires. We all agreed not to cut them down, just take them out of the package and run them, so they last forever, but you are still constantly fiddling with ride height and side-side tire rotation. Not to mention handling changes as the diameters change. I don't think we would have switched back to foams if we could have bought SJT front tires separately.
Old 11-16-2021, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 0010
My biggest issue with the SJT tires is that you can only buy them in full sets. We were running the SJT tires and liked the competition, easy maintenance, etc.... But, everyone was running through front tires way faster then rears. So we had piles of barely worn rear tires because we had to keep buying new full sets. We changed back to the spec (purple stripe) foam tires. We all agreed not to cut them down, just take them out of the package and run them, so they last forever, but you are still constantly fiddling with ride height and side-side tire rotation. Not to mention handling changes as the diameters change. I don't think we would have switched back to foams if we could have bought SJT front tires separately.
You can buy them separate (scroll down on the home page). At the rate mine are wearing (black carpet), front and rear will last an entire season.
gwc likes this.
Old 11-16-2021, 05:00 PM
gwc
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
You can buy them separate (scroll down on the home page). At the rate mine are wearing (black carpet), front and rear will last an entire season.
We run on black CRC carpet and get over 40 (6 Min.) runs per set running front camber at 1.5/1.7Deg. 4Deg caster 1.5/2.0Deg toe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.