Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question re: Losi Audi R8 1/6 Scale AWD Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 07:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Question re: Losi Audi R8 1/6 Scale AWD Supercar

I recently bought my first RC model car: Losi Audi R8 1/6 Scale, AWD Supercar. It was in the window of my local model shop. It is brand new. Had been ordered for a customer, who then didn't want it. I paid £575 for it. I had to purchase a charger and batteries, which I did online.

My batteries are: x2 Dynamite Reaction 3S (80C, 5700 mAh, 12C Charge Rate, 11.1V) Lipo Batteries.

Today was my second time of using the RC car. I live near a disused airfield, which has two concrete runways. I went there to give the car some full throttle. Remember I'm new to this. I gave it full throttle and it went off some distance down the runway and I then turned it round and at high speed drove it back. As it was coming towards me I noticed that the rear end of the car was swaying Left to Right. I was wandering what this is about. Do you have any ideas? At lower speeds it seems fine. I was just wondering if it was simply the power of the car doing that or wondered if something needs calibrating? Perhaps the surface of the runway had an effect. The surface was dry. However I'm not going to drive there anymore, because I think the surface will quickly damage my tires. I've already notice wear on one of the front tires.

Any help with my questions or advice really appreciated?