R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-11-2005, 06:21 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

One major factor in Xray's favour is the support you have available throught he teamxray.com website where you can discuss any questions youhave about the car directly withthe racing and design teams in their forum...

The support and feedback is pretty much unmatched....

I don't intend this as a slight against Team losi or T. Hodge (it just happens to be when I read the forum...not any sort of rebuttal to Todd)...

This forum is great wtih racers and team drivers from all different areas and manufacturers...but a dedicated forum to suit the unique requirements of your car is a really nice thing to have...

Another consideration is that Xray has carried over designelements from car to car...with many components on the FK05 being compatible wtih the first generation T1's...they don't scrap their designs and start over...they just continue to tweak and evolve...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 06:21 PM   #32
Tech Regular

_= Corally RDX =_
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i own both cars the xray fk05 and the corally rdx although i haven't had a chance to play with the rdx yet both are top notch cars and both are able to set or break track records.with the right set up i'l let you know better after this week end what i think about the both of them iam going to be tested with my rdx
Old 09-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
Read this and make up your own mind. Good artical on RDX, X-Ray and BD.
http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/beltsrback.asp
very nice article...very imformative..
too bad the cyclone wasn't out yet to get reviewed...
looking forward to the belt drive shootout article when it comes out.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #35
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

God, I hate these threads but I could not resists I have been running an RDX on capret since it came out and I have never been more impressed in every way with a car. The Xray is very competitive but all the guys at my track that run the Xray end up buying additional options for the car that almost equal the cost of the car in the first place. Stuff like thicker chassis, sway bars...etc. The RDX Carpet Spec is made for carpet, nothing else is needed to be competitive on carpet...NOTHING. Some buy the 4mm bottom chassis and the lower roll center blocks (like I did ) but these parts are not at all necessary.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been going through the same problem as you trying to figure out which carpet car to get for the winter. I found the article very good thanks Pops. I was thinking of the Jrxs after meeting Todd this summer but I think it will be my asphalt car next year.
After reading this thread I have decided to get the RDX as it comes with all you need right out of the box. by the time I buy the fk05 and all the parts needed for carpet it is alot more expensive.
Plus I like to run a car that's a little different than everyone else's and everybody runs xray in my club.
subman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

i just put a Losi JRXS together...seems like a nice car with a good fit...talked to somefast guys from Trackside in Milwaukee and they said i picked the right car
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:02 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman
I have been going through the same problem as you trying to figure out which carpet car to get for the winter. I found the article very good thanks Pops. I was thinking of the Jrxs after meeting Todd this summer but I think it will be my asphalt car next year.
After reading this thread I have decided to get the RDX as it comes with all you need right out of the box. by the time I buy the fk05 and all the parts needed for carpet it is alot more expensive.
Plus I like to run a car that's a little different than everyone else's and everybody runs xray in my club.
I heard a rumor that Losi is developing a replacement for the JRX already...
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:12 PM   #39
Tech Regular

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman
Ok, you want to be different because everyone else runs a Xray. Now why would everyone run an xray? Maybe because they dont shatter when you hit a wall, or their parts quality is superb. Maybe it is because everyone else has one and they see it working. Last, if everyone is running an xray, how easy is it to go to a track and ask for a competative setup? If you buy a Xray and you are going to race both carpet and asphalt, then you are going to end up spending the extra money on another car anyways. Just some thoughts.
Chris Adams

PS. I love my xray, and so does everyone else that owns one in this area.
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:12 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops
I heard a rumor that Losi is developing a replacement for the JRX already...

Wow, news flash, Billy Easton has a prototype JRXS!!!!!!!!!!

just playing pops, remember, Yokomo fo' life!!!!
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:16 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm19turn
i own both cars the xray fk05 and the corally rdx although i haven't had a chance to play with the rdx yet both are top notch cars and both are able to set or break track records.with the right set up i'l let you know better after this week end what i think about the both of them iam going to be tested with my rdx
Joey, we all know your scared of that RDX. I mean, it has the track record at just about half the tracks on the East Coast
Old 09-11-2005, 08:16 PM   #42
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

This is not directed at any single person post but-
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:31 PM   #43
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Gee, thanks for that input.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Gee, thanks for that input.
You can buy either car and win, lose, dominate, or get dominated with. Both cars have an amazing adjustability. Both have a huge following of drivers and rc addicts. Corally sponsors a good number of guys, so you can get "Pro" setups at a lot of tracks around this country. Xray has a lot of guys running their cars and there is usually one at every track you will go to. Neither car is flashy. Both are stealthy black and silver. Both can and have won races on asphalt and carpet. I'd tell you to get a Yokomo BD, but you already have your mind made up on one of these cars. I say, flip a coin. Heads is the RDX, Tails is the FK05.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #45
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Get the RDX

It will smoke any XRAY like a dead fly on a turd.

note to "racers": don't take yourself, or this post, too seriously
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote