R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-13-2005, 08:22 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Joe I'll be in Tuesday with the package.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:32 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to croy

If you have a laptop with a wireless card make sure you bring it. rcResults.com will have a wireless network setup so you can view results,practice times,laptimes and standings.
This is only a local network NO internet Access

This should be a great race.
croy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:58 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug D
Don't forget about Josh Neuman...
Josh has a good shot. He's been on rails lately.

GO P-DUB!!!
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 07:59 PM   #19
Tech Elite

1 more week
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:41 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think this shows how far ROAR has fallen in the eys of racers. We're less than a week away and no one is talking about this race - except for the people who are going.
ground-round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:13 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ground-round
I think this shows how far ROAR has fallen in the eys of racers. We're less than a week away and no one is talking about this race - except for the people who are going.
thats a good point. we all know that the "un-sactioned" events are the most fun races to go to.
G-Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:23 PM   #22
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
I wish we could just run in the rain, like Europe. My LRP is waterproof
Keep telling yourself that!
In the damp ill trust some serpent cleaning gum over any holes to keep out the water, but in a proper downpour i use the motor tubes that most tuners are supplying their motors in now with two holes for my wires to come out of and then seal those with serpent gum or similar, this provides me with a 100% waterproof box, tested it submerged in the sink. Only downside is it adds quite a lot of weight, but as long as you finish the race your fine, a lot of speedos go pop in the rain, mine sure wont be one!
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:28 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Could a moderator make this a "Sticky" until after Oct 9th?
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 03:17 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by berger
Keep telling yourself that!
In the damp ill trust some serpent cleaning gum over any holes to keep out the water, but in a proper downpour i use the motor tubes that most tuners are supplying their motors in now with two holes for my wires to come out of and then seal those with serpent gum or similar, this provides me with a 100% waterproof box, tested it submerged in the sink. Only downside is it adds quite a lot of weight, but as long as you finish the race your fine, a lot of speedos go pop in the rain, mine sure wont be one!

With the off-road guys, a humid night time race might fry their LRP esc.

Good idea with the motor tubes
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 03:36 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ground-round
I do agree that the ROAR image has tarnished, but I think one reason that the non sanctioned races get so much attention is the fact that there is only one per year. ie, IIC, 'Birds, USTC, etc are one time. ROAR has tons of nationals, paved, carpet, offroad, mod, stock, etcc

People can't put the effort into covering each one of these as equally, like they do for an annual. Sanctioned or not, publicity or not, I think the racers (at least in my region) still pride themselves on winning ROAR events.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:38 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Part of the issue to is the fact that the recent coverage of RROC, and IIC has stepped up the image of what race coverage should be. This is mostly in part of the scoring system used and the ability for it to be used with the semi live coverage that we've seen. Unless RC Scoring Pro is used at ROAR events, there isn't programs (that I've seen used) that will give us that coverage.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:27 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Part of the issue to is the fact that the recent coverage of RROC, and IIC has stepped up the image of what race coverage should be. This is mostly in part of the scoring system used and the ability for it to be used with the semi live coverage that we've seen. Unless RC Scoring Pro is used at ROAR events, there isn't programs (that I've seen used) that will give us that coverage.
We will be doing live updates to the web. People on the internet will be able to follow every lap of every race just like we did at the snowbirds. Not only will you be able to see the race results but have up to date qual points results after every heat. If you have a laptop with a wireless card you will also be able to see all the results locally plus practice laps.

Here are a couple of links from the snowbirds.
http://www.rcresults.com/clubs/2005_...ionals_OnRoad/
http://www.rcresults.com/clubs/2005_...ationals_OVAL/

Last edited by croy; 09-30-2005 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:57 AM   #28
Tech Regular

ttt
Old 10-01-2005, 10:46 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

David -how come everytme I say the race is in TAMPA- everyone down there gets mad at me for saying Tampa. They always correct me and say "Largo or Pinelas Park".Yet your from down there and you used it in to thread title? Now they won't complain about me.

I'm sure by next weekend they will have lots to complain about..............
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 02:38 PM   #30
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

See ya Thursday!

Paul
Herc Driver is offline   Reply With Quote