R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #211
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Since I see Scarecrow is on- great job again. I told the higher ups again today.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:17 PM   #212
Tech Adept

A Great Job done by Joe,Abbie and the whole Speedline Team to put on a Great Event. Alot of hard work goes into putting on one of this events. Even with all the raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain all 4 quals where run and all the mains.
Thanks goes out to Joe's Mom and Dad for all the Great Food in the Food Court, keeping everyone feed all weekend long.

Thanks to all the Sponsors, RC Car Action, RCAmerica/XRAY, Team Associated, Schmacher, TQ Hobbies, Jim's Harley-Davidson, Terminal Velocity Cycles,and RCResults.com

Also to Mike Boylan and David Croy for the live updates.

Great racing all weekend.
Hope to see everyone and more at the Next ONE.

Ken "The Only Scarecrow" Holmes
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 02:02 PM   #213
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Thanks to Speedline for all the hard work in getting the track ready to go after each down pour. Can't really helped that it rained, but the crew put forth alot of effort to get the race in, with all the practice possible.

On a side note, maybe a nats in FL during typicall hurricane season should be reviewed a little further, lol. Wasn't a cane this time, but a tropical storm that got us.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:14 PM   #214
Tech Adept

Thanks Bill.

W.E.D. JIM.

I used your Quote all weekend.

"If he can beat ya he don't need ya"

With Gil Starting from the First Position and Leading the race, Hodgimotosan makes a move and moves the BOSS over the wall.

I heard a rumor that there is alot of NEW Jobs around the Shop for Hodgimotosan to do.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #215
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
On a side note, maybe a nats in FL during typicall hurricane season should be reviewed a little further, lol. Wasn't a cane this time, but a tropical storm that got us.
Actually the race was moved back in the year to avoid tropical weather. October, while still in Hurricane season, is historically less active for tropical cyclones.

But it has proved to be very good for at least one type of cyclone.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:09 PM   #216
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

[QUOTE=scarecrow]

With Gil Starting from the First Position and Leading the race, Hodgimotosan makes a move and moves the BOSS over the wall.

[QUOTE]

I laughed at that for a minute. I knew it where it was going but the delivery is great.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:53 PM   #217
Tech Elite

Great job, Joe and the crew. Excellent race, and alot of hard work was put into track preperation. Congrats to Lufaso for his miraculous last lap-last turn two car pass to take the 1/12th mod national championship. I think he's the first on-road National Champion from South Carolina (and the only one at the race to have a decent finish).

Hara was wicked fast and flat out dominated TC.

Great job to BMelton for making the stock Amain. Also, Corally put 7 cars in the main, with 2 Xrays and 1 Losi.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:10 PM   #218
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Awesome Drew way to put that DC powered Xray up front
Old 10-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #219
Tech Elite

pics

1. Losi prototype
2. 1/12th heat
3. Tamiya 415
4. p-dub and pierced guy(walking) during the 19t 1/12th race
5. Mike Lufaso after winning the Mod 1/12th National Championship.
Attached Thumbnails
2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL-nationals-067.jpg   2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL-nationals-058.jpg   2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL-nationals-070.jpg   2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL-nationals-016.jpg   2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL-nationals-032.jpg  

Old 10-10-2005, 05:55 PM   #220
Tech Elite

more

1. 1/12th
2. Blackstock
3. Fernando and a reporter from RC Driver
4. Cyrul
5. My extremely slow Pro4. It's time to get a Corally
Attached Thumbnails
2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL-nationals-045.jpg   2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL-nationals-048.jpg   2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL-nationals-049.jpg   2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL-nationals-054.jpg   2005 ROAR On-Road Nationals, Tampa FL-nationals-001-smaller.jpg  

Old 10-10-2005, 06:06 PM   #221
J_P
Tech Addict

A big THANKS to the crew. You guys put on a great event. Maybe a big circus tent to cover the whole area would have been the only improvment to a great week of being at the track. Thanks guys. Had a blast.
John Piant
J_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #222
Tech Apprentice

Default THNX.

Thanks to R.Burch for hooking me up with a chassis after my idiotic meeting with the pipe in the last heat.It got me to my main,did not do well (crappy driving skills,not being able to adapt to the chassis change) but I finished and had a great time.Thnx again----"IRISH"
IRISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:48 PM   #223
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

A little story about the guy who posted before me IRISH. I had a bad glitch in a qualifier and thought it was my speedo well IRISH with out even knowing me walks up and offers to loan me a brand new GTX. I thought that was just awsome of him and showed what a good guy he is. So thanks again Tim your freind Roly
Old 10-10-2005, 10:13 PM   #224
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

LOL, Ken, that is especially funny, since Gil Jr is the one who told me that quote and he got moved...haha, maybe because of the fear of the quote, .

Wish I could have raced the nats, couldn't do both, so I stuck with next weekends race,.....Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:07 AM   #225
Tech Addict

Article is done. Equipment list and photos are being processed; will be posted tomorrow. Here's two photos that I did ahead of the rest:

Action in a Modified Sedan A-Main

Atsushi Hara on his way to the National Championship

More later - time for sleep.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote