Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Looking for a " JDM" drift supplier? >

Looking for a " JDM" drift supplier?

Looking for a " JDM" drift supplier?

Old 09-11-2014, 10:52 AM
  #1  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 74
Default Looking for a " JDM" drift supplier?

anyone know of store in the USA that sells jdm drift themed bodies,wheels?

hobbyking is backordered and eba/amazon is outside of the USA. everything in the usa on ebay/amazon is not really good looking in my taste.

here is an example of what im looking for. any tips would be appreciated.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...o_Offset_.html


http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Car-1-10-...item58af8b19c0
NewXGen is offline  
Old 09-11-2014, 11:40 AM
  #2  
Moderator
iTrader: (21)
 
MarkA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 9,161
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Why not order straight from a reputable Japanese shop like Banzai? I've gotten stuff from them faster than I've gotten stuff shipped across the U.S. before and you're not paying someone to import it for you and then mark it up even more for having done so or buying Chinese knock-off stuff.
MarkA is offline  
Old 09-11-2014, 11:48 AM
  #3  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Rcraceanddriftjapan has a ton of wheels and bodies, but it will take a while to get here and they will get you on shipping.
snoopyrc is offline  
Old 09-11-2014, 12:29 PM
  #4  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 74
Default

Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
Why not order straight from a reputable Japanese shop like Banzai? I've gotten stuff from them faster than I've gotten stuff shipped across the U.S. before and you're not paying someone to import it for you and then mark it up even more for having done so or buying Chinese knock-off stuff.
Im very new to the rc scene and really dont know where to get parts besides hobbyking/towerhobbies and my local HS. Ill check banzai out tyvm if you know others please lmk


/edit. That banzai site is exactly what I was looking for! Ty so much its a very well organized site! Perfect.
NewXGen is offline  
Old 09-11-2014, 12:29 PM
  #5  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 74
Default

Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Rcraceanddriftjapan has a ton of wheels and bodies, but it will take a while to get here and they will get you on shipping.
Ill check them out. I found a place called "hobbygarage" in japan but the websitr I cant read japanese lol ty.
NewXGen is offline  
Old 09-11-2014, 12:58 PM
  #6  
Moderator
iTrader: (21)
 
MarkA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 9,161
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NewXGen View Post
/edit. That banzai site is exactly what I was looking for! Ty so much its a very well organized site! Perfect.
They also have their own section on here where the post their new product arrivals, etc.:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/banzai-hobby-147/
MarkA is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 03:23 AM
  #7  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 139
Default

Originally Posted by NewXGen View Post
anyone know of store in the USA that sells jdm drift themed bodies,wheels?

hobbyking is backordered and eba/amazon is outside of the USA. everything in the usa on ebay/amazon is not really good looking in my taste.

here is an example of what im looking for. any tips would be appreciated.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...o_Offset_.html


http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Car-1-10-...item58af8b19c0
http://rc-art.net/index_eng.php?act=logout

http://sarukichi.jugemcart.com

rcmart have a good selection as well as tqrcracing
freakyfreakyflo is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:34 AM
  #8  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 304
Default

+1 on both Banzai Hobby and Race and Drift Japan. Dealt with both several times and they are perfectly reliable. Both have good customer service too, in case something is not right.

Martin Paradis
rhodopsine is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 09:54 AM
  #9  
Tech Regular
 
oreo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 278
Default

Greetings. I'd jus' taken a look @ ABCHobbyUSA ; it seems that there is limited
supply of some JDM style parts (according to their site).I'd previously had an availablity issue with hobbyking but it was resolved through customer service. I'd still order through hobbyking but I don't really have the need lately. Good luck with your search.

Last edited by oreo; 09-13-2014 at 09:57 AM. Reason: ....additional comment.
oreo is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.