New F1 Bodies from PROTOform: F1-Thirteen & Fourteen

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: It was a long time ago: http://www.redrc.net/2009/10/protofo...-retro-shells/
    Thanks! That '93 or '94 McLaren is nice
  • Hello,
    Will these fit the F103?
    thanks
  • PROTOform Thirteen!
    Sitting on top of a VBC LightningF.

• Looking very good!!
    I am busy with trying to make one at my Serpent F110
  • Do these fit the F103?
  • Paint for helmet
    Hi,

I have finished my PF14 and now it is time for the helmet.

Can someone tell how to paint the helmet? And which type of paint?

If I use normal airbrush paint for lexan (faskolor), it is very to easy to take away the paint just by scratching a bit... This is why a was wondering if you use another type of paint.

Thank you In advance!
  • Quote: Hi,

I have finished my PF14 and now it is time for the helmet.

Can someone tell how to paint the helmet? And which type of paint?

If I use normal airbrush paint for lexan (faskolor), it is very to easy to take away the paint just by scratching a bit... This is why a was wondering if you use another type of paint.

Thank you In advance!
    I have always used Tamiya spray paint. I have tried both the Tamiya enamel spray paint and the Tamiya Lexan formulated spray paint, they both work fine.
  • Where are people getting their sticker sheets for their F1 bodies.

Skiddins
  • Quote: Where are people getting their sticker sheets for their F1 bodies.

Skiddins
    Get them from http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com/decals/

The owner, Brad Palmer, makes very high quality decals for dozens of F1 livery.
  • Quote: Where are people getting their sticker sheets for their F1 bodies.

Skiddins
    Tamiya bodies usually come with a sticker sheet. If you want something different, most go to tqrcracting's website to get the various sticker sheets for the various F1 teams.
  • Quote: I have always used Tamiya spray paint. I have tried both the Tamiya enamel spray paint and the Tamiya Lexan formulated spray paint, they both work fine.
    Thank you! But are you using some kind of lacquer afterwards? Just to protect the paint?

Thanks again!
  • Quote: Thank you! But are you using some kind of lacquer afterwards? Just to protect the paint?

Thanks again!
    I don't use any lacquer afterwards. I usually paint the helmet with one color and put the kit stickers on.
  • Quote: Get them from http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com/decals/

The owner, Brad Palmer, makes very high quality decals for dozens of F1 livery.
    Quote: Tamiya bodies usually come with a sticker sheet. If you want something different, most go to tqrcracting's website to get the various sticker sheets for the various F1 teams.
    BPShadow on RCtech! TQ resells his livery sheets. He will also fit special requests into his queue if you have patience.
  • What brand and where do I get the rubber wheels and p zero stickers on these beautiful f1 cars?
  • Quote: What brand and where do I get the rubber wheels and p zero stickers on these beautiful f1 cars?
    The tire stickers are also F1RCLab. The tires are either Pit Shimizu, Ride or TCS on Tamiya foam tire wheels.