Wiki Posts
Search

problem on my ball bearing..

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 04:55 AM
zax
Tech Regular

Default problem on my ball bearing..

i feel that sand or dirt stuck inside my ball bearing..i strip off my ball bearing..then i use WD-40 to spray them..i take out and clean them..then i roll the ball bearing.. it is also the same..dirt coming out..but the ball bearing still not smooth..wat can i do?can anyone help me out..thanks..
Old 09-07-2005, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Use one of these.....

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEV92&P=7

and some motor spray not WD40 to flush them out.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Replace it! Then clean the new one on a regular basis... Use a teflon based oil available at Radio Shack to relube ... 1 drop ...

Though WD-40 is a great product for most applications, but it attracts dust, period ...

The best way I have found to clean bearings is Ultra-sonically. A suitable UT device can be found cheaply at your local K-Mart, Walmart Jewlery Section. You can use soap and water, but, I prefer denatured alcohol ...

I clean just about everything with it ... turned armatures, hoods, bearings and whatever else I can put in it .... Saves on motor cleaner ...
Old 09-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zax
i feel that sand or dirt stuck inside my ball bearing..i strip off my ball bearing..then i use WD-40 to spray them..i take out and clean them..then i roll the ball bearing.. it is also the same..dirt coming out..but the ball bearing still not smooth..wat can i do?can anyone help me out..thanks..
when its still rough after cleaning, its too late! the bearings are damaged. buy a new set and clean it often.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Hick are you telling these people that you finally listened to what I have been telling you for years?? Your cut off no more information for you. Curtis said tell Hick and you may as well post it to the world. LOL Something else that works is remove the inside shield on the bearing to make cleaning it with motor spray easier then put it on a suitable tapered stick, (golf tee works on axle bearings) spray the bearing and then clean it with high pressure air. BUT becareful that you do not spin the bearing up to high with air as it will damage it. One drop of good lube and go play.