RC Wiki

Old 08-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RC Wiki

Hi Guys,

I have been throwing around the idea for a while, how nice it would be to have an RC Wiki. A single place to find facts, history, and specs on all things related to RC.

Well, I've stopped thinking and started doing.

I have created http://www.rc-wiki.com, a new website dedicated to RC info. My hope is to expand it to all things RC, including planes, boats, helicopters, drones, etc. but for now I'm working on surface RC.

The site is setup as a true wiki, meaning that any registered user can add and edit any page and it will never at anytime have advertisements. I'm putting my faith and trust in the RC community to build this site up as a truly massive and useful site to learn everything about RC. From how things work, biographies on well known (and not so well known) figures, to product descriptions and specifications.

The idea is to have a good site to find out all things RC. I hope to be able to answer questions like:
Who is Mike Reedy?
How many IFMAR titles does Masami Hirosaka have?
How does a servo work?
How do I care for LiPo batteries?
How do I charge NiMh batteries?
Who is RC Rick?
What's the story behind the Cactus Classic?

I'm posting it here asking all of you to check it out and help write some articles and get it filled up with helpful information.

If you think this is a stupid idea, or it's already been done, or whatever, let me know that too.

I've added a bunch of content to get it started, but there are still some dead links pointing to pages that haven't been created yet, but I'm working on it!

Also, I know next to nothing about the on-road scene, so I could use special help with that.

http://www.rc-wiki.com
Old 08-26-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

sounds like a good idea, I love the "Who is RC Rick?" LOL!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, RC Rick is special.