R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Good car for 1/10 on road racing?

I've been running 1/10 4X4 SC trucks for about 4 years. A new shop opened nr me that has an on road indoor carpet and outdoor blacktop parking lot track. I'd like to get in to running 1/10th electric there. I'm looking for advise on a good car to get started with that will be good on both tracks. I'm a total newb to on road and any help is much appreciated.
scracer914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scracer914 View Post
I've been running 1/10 4X4 SC trucks for about 4 years. A new shop opened nr me that has an on road indoor carpet and outdoor blacktop parking lot track. I'd like to get in to running 1/10th electric there. I'm looking for advise on a good car to get started with that will be good on both tracks. I'm a total newb to on road and any help is much appreciated.
I run tc4 in our vintage vta and a tc6.2 in our spec gt sportsman classes good cars parts availability are easy our track has mainly team associated, awesomatix and durango the fastest one at our track is the awsomatix followed real close by the others it is a outdoor asphalt track.
tbamsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scracer914 View Post
Go to some races there and see what the locals are running. And what the shop is stocking. Help and parts, you'll need 'em. Later on look at other brands when you get more into it. If one brand is the dominant car based on the number of guys running them, go that direction.