Like Tree195Likes

Tamiya TRF419

Old 08-14-2019, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b3master View Post
i am after lateral flex specificaly at rear to gain rear grip and not affect steering much, which is why i assumed i can manipulate flex at the rear of the chassis...
not quite sure what it is to slow rear end action? We race mod 6.5t, i just dont find my car's rear as planted as other racers cars be it tamiya or not..

Im after rear grip as well as high speed sweeper turn on throttle steering
Gotcha... there is so much that goes into a loose condition. You can try narrowing the rear a touch to lock it down and this will give you more rotation (steering) at the same time. You can also try lowering the roll center in the rear, but that won't really give you steering. You may have to do both to get to your desired state. If your car is close, you'll be able to feel small, small changes... like going one block smaller, front (rf) and rear (rr), or removing .5mm spacers from the axles/hubs. Give it a try... it could also be your choice of body and how you cut the wing.
- Jose
Old 08-14-2019, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ittjv View Post
Gotcha... there is so much that goes into a loose condition. You can try narrowing the rear a touch to lock it down and this will give you more rotation (steering) at the same time. You can also try lowering the roll center in the rear, but that won't really give you steering. You may have to do both to get to your desired state. If your car is close, you'll be able to feel small, small changes... like going one block smaller, front (rf) and rear (rr), or removing .5mm spacers from the axles/hubs. Give it a try... it could also be your choice of body and how you cut the wing.
- Jose
Great suggestions, will give them a go!
Old 08-14-2019, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone using the stealth line of SMJ springs and if so, how do they compare?