Like Tree195Likes

Tamiya TRF419

Reply

Old 08-09-2019, 09:17 PM
  #4426  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (81)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,326
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raman View Post


yep.. new car will be announced this fall.

now if they only would put a sale on the XR Aluminium chassis
New TRF TC this fall weird I thought the TRF is no longer
OVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:25 PM
  #4427  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (66)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,752
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OVA View Post
New TRF TC this fall weird I thought the TRF is no longer
Well thatís the RCtech rumour that gets spread around by those that no longer run Tamiya.. have you heard anyone from Tamiya come out and say it? Any word from Fred?

yet since the team disbanded, we have gotten TRF103, TB Evo 7, which are TRF cars.. plus multiple updates to 419x, tons of new update hop ups... so expect a follow up to TRF419
jeremy444 likes this.
Raman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:59 PM
  #4428  
Tech Master
iTrader: (80)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,239
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

New car will have spy pics and announcement in March. Then available late July/mid Aug. That's how Tamiya has always done it. yep pee 2020!
Markus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:40 AM
  #4429  
Tech Regular
 
C van der Hagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 278
Default

Originally Posted by snopro31 View Post
For anyone that is considering swapping to the alloy gear diff case from plastic
itís only a 2.4 gram difference between the alloy and plastic.


No anyone that has run the alloy did you really notice a difference on the leaking?
And if you did was it with the alloy pulls as well?
as with a day of testing I found my alloy with plastic pulley wasnít really any better maybe I did something wrong?
I run full plastic and plastic with aluminium housing, both no leaks
C van der Hagen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:55 AM
  #4430  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
snopro31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: yorkton sask
Posts: 2,033
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by C van der Hagen View Post
I run full plastic and plastic with aluminium housing, both no leaks

what are you running for orings and shimming?

I have minimal leaking I would say 10 runs diff might be down 5-10%
but if I can get zero leakage I would do what it takes. The leaking isnít an issue for performance at the slow rate I have but how clean the car would be with zero leaking is totally worth what ever it takes to have zero leaks
snopro31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:23 AM
  #4431  
Tech Regular
 
C van der Hagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 278
Default

Originally Posted by snopro31 View Post



what are you running for orings and shimming?

I have minimal leaking I would say 10 runs diff might be down 5-10%
but if I can get zero leakage I would do what it takes. The leaking isnít an issue for performance at the slow rate I have but how clean the car would be with zero leaking is totally worth what ever it takes to have zero leaks
Axon with TRF large shim set
snopro31 and Qatmix like this.
C van der Hagen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:37 AM
  #4432  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,335
Default

Same here
Qatmix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:48 PM
  #4433  
Tech Regular
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 496
Default

Originally Posted by C van der Hagen View Post
Axon with TRF large shim set
Which?
AX-OR-GD-004 ?
Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:50 PM
  #4434  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
snopro31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: yorkton sask
Posts: 2,033
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Are you guys using all the shims in the large shim kit?
Or what are you using to get no leaks?
snopro31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:26 PM
  #4435  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 800
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snopro31 View Post
Are you guys using all the shims in the large shim kit?
Or what are you using to get no leaks?
As I have mentioned a few posts back, with xray orings I have zero leaks, not even seepage. I use the large shim kit but with xray orings theyre not necessary as the seal is good enough and the longer path to prevent leaks is not needed. They are more of an interference fit, I would push the oring into its greased seat, put some more grease on top then place the large washer over it to keep it in place, then insert the outdrive while pressing on the washer to prevent the oring from popping out of the seat. I only used 0.1mm on each of the large bevels.
snopro31 likes this.
rc_square24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:56 AM
  #4436  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
b3master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 104
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If im after the most amount of rear chassis flex, which motor mount screws holes i should use?

should i remove the center stiffner completly?
b3master is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:52 AM
  #4437  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,335
Default

Yes remove the centre stiffener. Also you can run minimum amount of screws in the motor mount. 4 screws in the lower rear bulkhead. (The 2 at the rear and the next two,

You could also also cut the top deck as well. However try the other things first (one by one to see how it goes)
b3master likes this.
Qatmix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:00 AM
  #4438  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
b3master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 104
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
Yes remove the centre stiffener. Also you can run minimum amount of screws in the motor mount. 4 screws in the lower rear bulkhead. (The 2 at the rear and the next two,

You could also also cut the top deck as well. However try the other things first (one by one to see how it goes)
Great! Thanks!
What about the motor mount screws which do i use if i wana keep the turnbuckle and which would i use if without any center stiffner?
b3master is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:43 AM
  #4439  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: La Mirada, CA
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by b3master View Post
Great! Thanks!
What about the motor mount screws which do i use if i wana keep the turnbuckle and which would i use if without any center stiffner?
The center stiffener should not affect lateral flex. You want to mess with the lower bulkhead screws, top deck screws and shock tower screws for lateral flex. Are you trying to find grip or just slow the rear end's action?
- Jose
ittjv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:53 AM
  #4440  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
b3master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 104
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ittjv View Post
The center stiffener should not affect lateral flex. You want to mess with the lower bulkhead screws, top deck screws and shock tower screws for lateral flex. Are you trying to find grip or just slow the rear end's action?
- Jose
i am after lateral flex specificaly at rear to gain rear grip and not affect steering much, which is why i assumed i can manipulate flex at the rear of the chassis...
not quite sure what it is to slow rear end action? We race mod 6.5t, i just dont find my car's rear as planted as other racers cars be it tamiya or not..

Im after rear grip as well as high speed sweeper turn on throttle steering
b3master is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service