Like Tree101Likes

Tamiya TRF419

Old 08-30-2018, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by freaky321 View Post
Rc mart still ships to EU, when you order at the RC mart website ,Ebay is indeed not possible
Good to know!
Old 08-31-2018, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by freaky321 View Post
Rc mart still ships to EU, when you order at the RC mart website ,Ebay is indeed not possible

I suspected as much.
This is not a Tamiya thing. It has to do with either ebay, the EU or both.
As far as I know there is no trade accord between the EU and HK so they can't tell shops in HK what to do but they will probably slap their maximum import duty rate on any parcels coming from HK.

Ebay has become a bitch of late, but that will just drive people away (hopefully) until they review some of their more idiotic policies.
I would hazard a guess the shipping message is slapped on top of the listing automatically by ebay and only visible on german ebay. Try to look at the listing on another ebay site and see if you find any exclusions there. I have a few ebay accounts in different countries especially to get around crap like this. Most people will ship when I ask them to.

Normally, the listing should not even come up on german ebay if the seller has excluded germany from shipping. That is why I think the message is slapped on by ebay, not the seller. Ebay has taken quite a few liberties with things like that and some sellers are not even aware their listing doesn't show in some countries. I would say approach the seller and ask personally.

Last edited by niznai; 08-31-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

Restricted! They have the new TB05 aluminium diff housing in stock. No chance to get them to Germany...

That's Waigo (Tamiya.hk), they clearly state, they have the 'right' from Tamiya to sell only in HK and Mainland China...

Old 09-07-2018, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Does anyone know what actual widths of the Suspension Blocks are? There is a lot of conflicting info out there, but nothing concrete. Exotek and Yeah racing list their block widths, and they differ, but nothing official from Tamiya.
Thanks,
Jose
Old 09-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Go to website the RC racer.com he has a really good article on the suspension blocks and if you scroll down towards the bottom I believe he has charts that tell the widths and offsets
Old 09-07-2018, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fat500 View Post
Go to website the RC racer.com he has a really good article on the suspension blocks and if you scroll down towards the bottom I believe he has charts that tell the widths and offsets
Thanks. I did see his article, but it only lists the increments and not the actual block dimensions.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ittjv View Post
Thanks. I did see his article, but it only lists the increments and not the actual block dimensions.
If you check above the width chart, it has the width for the 1A block (43mm) so you can use that as a guide to see how much wider other blocks are. (Note the measurement is based on the centre of the pins). I hope that helps
Old 09-08-2018, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
If you check above the width chart, it has the width for the 1A block (43mm) so you can use that as a guide to see how much wider other blocks are. (Note the measurement is based on the centre of the pins). I hope that helps
I stand corrected! I totally missed that. Thank you. Just curious; where did you find all that info? I canít find any official documentation anywhere. Every other manufacturer has this readily available. Thanks again!
- Jose
Old 09-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ittjv View Post

I stand corrected! I totally missed that. Thank you. Just curious; where did you find all that info? I canít find any official documentation anywhere. Every other manufacturer has this readily available. Thanks again!
- Jose
A lot of friends and myself have ran tamiya over the last couple of decades so had notes. I collated them together and also got the help from a load of readers from the site (and a designer from the big T) and made the article.

Took ages Ged but at least we all have a reference guide now.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post

A lot of friends and myself have ran tamiya over the last couple of decades so had notes. I collated them together and also got the help from a load of readers from the site (and a designer from the big T) and made the article.

Took ages Ged but at least we all have a reference guide now.
Well, thank you for that! I've been trying to figure it out for a couple days and measuring blocks here and getting nowhere. Your chart makes total sense.
- Jose
Old 09-13-2018, 04:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

With my current setup, the lipo side is a little heavy then the other.

Due to that, need to adjust the spring tension more to maintain the same ride height. Now one side spring tension is more.

Should I add weight on the light side so the spring tension is even? Or just let it be, as long as the ride height is even when measured left & right.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by airbiscuit View Post
With my current setup, the lipo side is a little heavy then the other.

Due to that, need to adjust the spring tension more to maintain the same ride height. Now one side spring tension is more.

Should I add weight on the light side so the spring tension is even? Or just let it be, as long as the ride height is even when measured left & right.
If the weight difference per side is more than 50g, i would experiment with self adhesive weights. But i would also look for a slightly lighter lipo. Adding additional weight is the very last step i would do, especially under competitive circumstances.