Like Tree115Likes

Tamiya TRF419

Reply

Old 08-17-2017, 03:40 AM
  #3511  
Tech Regular
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 376
Default

Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Has anyone try the Arrowmax Spur Gear?
Can buy some 48dp with 78 teeth.
Have them in 64dp. Fits very well in 419x. They are kind of carbon reinforced plastic (hard).
Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:02 PM
  #3512  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 141
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone been able to find the 419x ws aluminum chassis or 1.75 mm upper deck anywhere?
Kelseyrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:55 PM
  #3513  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (59)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,479
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default Flange Tube

What do you guys use for the flange tubes on the steering upright?

I have always kept the old 54075 TB-03 in my spare parts, but it looks like its being discontinued.

So I looked up the parts in the 419 / 419 x manual and

418 / 419
1. 19804382 4.5 x 4.0 upper flange
2. 19804396 4.5 x 4.7 lower flange
3. 418 still uses this under the upper flange 198056455 3x.07, since it uses the IFS up right
4. 419 doesn't user an upper spacer

419x
1. 19804942 4.6 x 3.9 upper flange
2. 19804943 4.6 x 4.4 lower flange
3. 53539 5.5 x 0.5 spacer on top of upper flange or 198056455 3x.07

The ones that are in the old 54075 TB-03 are different dimensions as well.. only thing consistent the 5x9 ball stud and the 3 x10 counter sunk screw

So Flange me.. I'm confused what to use..
Raman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:11 AM
  #3514  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 94
Default

It is pretty hard to buy them. I have to turn them on a lathe with better clearance. If you have access to lathe it is 20 minutes job using brass rod.

Last edited by Macio4ever; 08-22-2017 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Spelling
Macio4ever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:03 PM
  #3515  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,197
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nubs View Post
My problem with 48p is getting down to 3.2 fdr. It's been difficult to find a brand that has teeth at around 65 that also have the right fit for the pulley.
Not sure of the hole pattern but Arc 48p spurs are very thin;

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...&s_maker_id=98
MikeR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:49 PM
  #3516  
Tech Regular
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 376
Default

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
What do you guys use for the flange tubes on the steering upright?

I have always kept the old 54075 TB-03 in my spare parts, but it looks like its being discontinued.

So I looked up the parts in the 419 / 419 x manual and

418 / 419
1. 19804382 4.5 x 4.0 upper flange
2. 19804396 4.5 x 4.7 lower flange
3. 418 still uses this under the upper flange 198056455 3x.07, since it uses the IFS up right
4. 419 doesn't user an upper spacer

419x
1. 19804942 4.6 x 3.9 upper flange
2. 19804943 4.6 x 4.4 lower flange
3. 53539 5.5 x 0.5 spacer on top of upper flange or 198056455 3x.07

The ones that are in the old 54075 TB-03 are different dimensions as well.. only thing consistent the 5x9 ball stud and the 3 x10 counter sunk screw

So Flange me.. I'm confused what to use..
The 419x flange tubes have less slop as the older versions. They are interchangeable.
Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:05 PM
  #3517  
Tech Regular
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 376
Default

Originally Posted by Kelseyrc View Post
Has anyone been able to find the 419x ws aluminum chassis or 1.75 mm upper deck anywhere?
Where are you located? In Germany you can buy both regular as spare parts.

If you are located in the U.S. I would suggest rcmart.com (aluminium lower in stock).
Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:14 PM
  #3518  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
nubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 869
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Not sure of the hole pattern but Arc 48p spurs are very thin;

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...&s_maker_id=98
Hey Mike,
The pattern has to be perpendicular instead of diagonal like the Arc. I think I may have to switch over to 64P because I don't think I can achieve the range of FDR that I need with the 48P.
nubs is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:32 PM
  #3519  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 141
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tom1977 View Post
Where are you located? In Germany you can buy both regular as spare parts.

If you are located in the U.S. I would suggest rcmart.com (aluminium lower in stock).
I am in the US. I've only been able to find the 419 aluminum chassis on RC Mart. Do you know if the 419 chassis fits the 419x?
Kelseyrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:47 PM
  #3520  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,197
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nubs View Post
Hey Mike,
The pattern has to be perpendicular instead of diagonal like the Arc. I think I may have to switch over to 64P because I don't think I can achieve the range of FDR that I need with the 48P.
Sounds like Tamiya needs to work on an option pulley for extra gear choices
MikeR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:22 AM
  #3521  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
nubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 869
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Sounds like Tamiya needs to work on an option pulley for extra gear choices
Agree with that assessment.
nubs is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:52 AM
  #3522  
Tech Regular
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 376
Default

Originally Posted by Kelseyrc View Post
I am in the US. I've only been able to find the 419 aluminum chassis on RC Mart. Do you know if the 419 chassis fits the 419x?
No because the bulkheads are more narrow in the 419x.

In Germany you can get both lower and upper XWS deck @ modellbau-seidl.de

But they have no official option for international shipping anymore! I think Tamiya distribution blocked that. But you're free to ask them for intl. shipping.
Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:46 AM
  #3523  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 141
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tom1977 View Post
No because the bulkheads are more narrow in the 419x.

In Germany you can get both lower and upper XWS deck @ modellbau-seidl.de

But they have no official option for international shipping anymore! I think Tamiya distribution blocked that. But you're free to ask them for intl. shipping.
Tom,

Thanks for the info! That's a bummer that I can't use the 419 lower deck and that Germany is the closest option for me... It seems like it is getting harder to get parts for 419x in the US as a lot of parts are out of stock. I somehow cracked my upper deck and am having the hardest time finding one in stock anywhere...
Kelseyrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:13 AM
  #3524  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 94
Default

One small discovery about suspension arms in 419X. Some of you has reported slop on the arms developed quickly. It happens but seems that slop is not on the hinge pins. If you loose screws on suspension mount (one piece) and tighten it again it will be ok till next hit.
Macio4ever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:52 PM
  #3525  
CL
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (33)
 
CL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 750
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Sounds like Tamiya needs to work on an option pulley for extra gear choices
Just drill a couple of holes on the spur gear, and you will be good.
CL is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service