R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-05-2001, 05:29 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default very frustrated. PLEASE HELP

i just finsihed my sport2 a couple days ago. i got a 9 turn motor. i had problems with my tires and i couldnt keep it going straight. m tires just spin out and the car spinns in circles. so i went out and got some proline tires. and it helped a lil bit but i still cant grip. i got lots of little pebels on my raod and its black top. u think its just the surface or what. please someone help me out. i aint sure either but it seems like my car doesnt drive in a straight line when i am going very slow. it doesnt drft over too much but i noticed it does a little bit. what can i do to alline my car better
prelude19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 05:33 PM   #2

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You need to check your front toe in/out, and set the trim on your radio. As for the spinning out, that will be because you have a loose surface, and a 9 turn motor, not the best combo
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 07:07 PM   #3
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, the problem with such a fast motor is that you're going to get a TON of wheelspin when you accelerate. The tires will spin so fast that they won't be able to grip on a loose surface...

As for the straight line, Speedo is correct, check the radio and make sure that your left/right steering trim is adjusted correctly. If a manual came with the radio, the instructions for it should be there. Keep adjusting the trim until the car goes in a straight line when driven slowly. At high speeds, the car may drift if there is uneven weight distribution, so if that happens you may have to add weights somewhere, unless it's a more serious problem.
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 09:12 PM   #4
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default A NINE TURN MOTOR

Dang man, a nine turn motor! Come on man. You have been asking questions lately that suggest that your pretty new to this stuff. So its best to ease your way into it. And you cant ease with a 9 turn in your car!

Who convinced you to get a nine turn motor! Let me tell you, who ever it was didn't have your best interest in mind. Can your speedo even handle that motor!

O'well, as for the alignment, first make sure that the servo horn was centered before you put it on. After that measure both steering linkages to make sure their the same length. Then after that it should only take a few clicks either way on your radio's steering adjustment.

As for the traction issues. NO TIRE in the world will get you traction with a 9turn motor on a dusty surface. Man, I got three words for you...

...Trinity Speed Jems

Sell that motor of yours and get one of those in the 15turn or higher range and go have some fun.

Good luck.
Old 10-05-2001, 09:22 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Fuuny thing is.... people used to make fun of us when we told them we liked our 4wd tourers on a nice oval, and all this guy wants to do is dragrace...LOL, at least we did turn!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 09:33 PM   #6
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

the problem is the motor......get a stock one...you will be fine.....
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 10:05 PM   #7
Tech Elite

3 threads on the same topic C'mon everytime I come on there is a diff thread for the same prob. Ok he dosn't need a new motor he can just buy a new armature say a 16t or something around that just stick it in the original can and go for it. What are you drag racing? what sort of car? and what sort of motor or engine are we talking about here? Maybe we can help you with a setup if we know what you what to beat.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 10:33 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Well DOGGY, I gave him more information than he should need to drag race his RS4 in another thread, but evidentally he wants someone to tell him the "secret" tire, motor, speedcontrol, battery setup to make the car faster without having to do anyreal work..... I too am becoming frustrated with this..... Must be nice to be able to make your car better by just throwing money at it.... heck I have been wasting my last 8 years in RC, and to think taping a $100 bill to the bumper makes the car a world champion.....

Old 10-05-2001, 10:39 PM   #9
R/C Tech Founder

prelude: It's true that you've started multiple threads on these, please keep it all in one topic if possible.

everyone else: Some of those posts are walking a fine line between "helpful advice" and "unhelpful criticism." Remember, we all started somewhere. When I got my first car (Losi JRX-Pro) I wanted to do only ONE thing: go fast! Started with a stock, wasn't enough. Went to a middle mod, wasn't enough. Went to the hobby shop, and they told me what you're all saying, and I'm glad they did.

But still, everybody has to learn it sometime. To go fast, you must have control...
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 11:07 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Future-- true, but after I read the (probably 6th) post he made I gave him truthful advice, somehow it may seem like i was being smart, but in actuality I was being serious, he was serious that all he wants to do now is drag race his RS4, so all of the mods I told him would gain him extra acceleration and top speed, without draining his wallet, infact all the mods where free, but the he decided to start 2 more thread afterwards.......
instead of just starting an new thread he could have just simply asked if the mods would actaully work, and I would have told him the truth...yes they will..... I may fool with a seasoned racer, but I try to give newbes the best answer I can, if I don't think I have the right answer I simply won't hit the reply button....... Unlike many other people you come accross on message boards I DO remember what it was like to have a billion questions, and not know exactly how to ask any of them, or desipher which answers are truth and which ones are a veteran being a smart-aleck.....

Although I will watch how I word advise so I don't come across wrong with a newbe. Thanks......