Motor Break-in

Old 09-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Motor Break-in

i dont have the high tech stuff out there!! but can i do a break-in whit a 4 cell pack?? 3300s?? or they have other easy break in method????

also can i put a 2 run used brushes on a new freash comm or i really have to put some new brushes??

Later!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i break motors in at 1.5-3 volts,

you should not have a problem using those brushes, but if you know someone with a serrator.. serrate them... if you don't... use a pencil eraser to get them as clean as you can...

if you have a auto store near you, look for a 3m rust spor remover, these ARE the fibreglass cleaning sticks trinity no longer sells. they work great for cleaning a brush so it slids in the hoods, and it's contact surface as well.

Last edited by MManson; 09-04-2005 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

personally i use a 3-cell pack to break in a new set of brushes. that comes out to 3.6volts. run them in for about 5 mins or until fully seated.

and yes you can still use those brushes that have two runs in them. just be sure to de-glaze them with a comm stick or similar (as suggested by MManson). I re-use my brushes as long as they aren't burnt or less than 3/4 their original length. No need to re-seat used brushes.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default did

3 cells is enough to run in any brush/motor combo.

However u cant go above 2.5volts when running in XXX brushes..meaning 2cells.

BTW. Com Polish sticks arent so great the actually scratch the com..Just ask some one at your track to re-serrate your brushes. Lube your bushings and ure good to go...