Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
ROAR is the new motor list up-to-date? >

ROAR is the new motor list up-to-date?

ROAR is the new motor list up-to-date?

Old 08-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default ROAR is the new motor list up-to-date?

I was looking on the ROAR motor list for 21.5 motors there are motors missing these motors were on the list earlier this year. ORCA 21.5, KillShot 21.5, Novak Vulcan 21.5. I know for sure the kill shoot was on the list right after it was released. The ORCA was posted on the ROAR motor forum by Steve Pond legal10/19/2013. My LHS called ROAR today and they told him the list was up to date and accurate. This is a real problem our club runs USGT and the motors have to be on the ROAR motor list. We all now need new motors if these three motors aren't legal?
Could someone from ROAR get me / us answers of why these motors are missing from the motor list.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
I was looking on the ROAR motor list for 21.5 motors there are motors missing these motors were on the list earlier this year. ORCA 21.5, KillShot 21.5, Novak Vulcan 21.5. I know for sure the kill shoot was on the list right after it was released. The ORCA was posted on the ROAR motor forum by Steve Pond legal10/19/2013. My LHS called ROAR today and they told him the list was up to date and accurate. This is a real problem our club runs USGT and the motors have to be on the ROAR motor list. We all now need new motors if these three motors aren't legal?
Could someone from ROAR get me / us answers of why these motors are missing from the motor list.
The forum is supplementary to the list, and all new motors are approved via the forum, rather than the list. The ORCA and Killshot motors are present and correct in the forum, so are all legal. Can't see the Novak, so assume not legal.

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/forumdisp...ec-21-5-Motors
Old 08-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
The forum is supplementary to the list, and all new motors are approved via the forum, rather than the list. The ORCA and Killshot motors are present and correct in the forum, so are all legal. Can't see the Novak, so assume not legal.

I saw the the same thing when I went to the forum section but when my LHS called ROAR today they were told that is the motor list and if a motor isn't on it list it is not legal. They also called Tamiya about what they were going to use for the TCS and they were told they were using the ROAR list that is on the website. The LHS is going to follow the RoAR list because they don't think the forum section is part of the real list.
You would think a list that has the latest motor out D4 trinity would have killshot or a orca tx on it that is clearly on the supplement approval list.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I saw the the same thing when I went to the forum section but when my LHS called ROAR today they were told that is the motor list and if a motor isn't on it list it is not legal. They also called Tamiya about what they were going to use for the TCS and they were told they were using the ROAR list that is on the website. The LHS is going to follow the RoAR list because they don't think the forum section is part of the real list.
You would think a list that has the latest motor out D4 trinity would have killshot or a orca tx on it that is clearly on the supplement approval list.
Suggest you show the LHS this post then...

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...n-of-the-forum
Old 08-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Welcome to the new Motor Approval section of the forum. This is intended to replace the motor list that currently resides on the ROAR website. This new section adds to the existing list, a number of new motors are are approved based on their arrival date, as confirmed by shipper tracking data. Over time, the list on ROARRacing.com will be transferred to the forum list, which will eventually be the sole source of motor approval information.

In the forum you'll find new motors that have been approved over the last month, with more detail than ever before, making the process more open and useful. You'll find the date of approval, tracking data, inspection status, Availability Check status, and Executive Committee Approval status. You will also find detailed photos of the motor's components, which will be used by the tech staff at ROAR National events for component verification, and are visible by the public for their own reference. The whole process is designed to be more open and informative, giving ROAR officials, Affiliated track owners, and ROAR members more data and a more open process of approval of the motors our members use in ROAR sanctioned racing endeavors. It's our hope that this information will speed the tech process and give affiliated tracks and organizations the resources to more easily determine compliance, to keep the playing field (especially in the Spec classes) as level as possible.

Please let ROAR know if you have any suggestions to make this and other future product approval sections of the site more useful for their intended purposes. We hope you enjoy these new sections and find them useful in preparing for any one of the many prestigious ROAR National Championships and regional events.

The ROAR Staff

Please note that the information and images hosted in the forum and throughout the ROAR website are protected by copyright law and may not be copied and/or reproduced for any purpose. Use of information and/or images is at the sole discretion of ROAR, and may only be used with the expressed, written consent of the ROAR Executive Committee. ©ROAR, Inc. 2013

Bolding mine.

Technically, the the forum section of approvals list IS the list going forward. Now and in the future, the list is contained on the ROAR forum. If HT Fresno wants to use the old physical list, the number of motors that is legal will start to drastically dwindle as they become obsolete.

I guess my question is, did somebody legitimately get confused, or is there another issue?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard

Sounds familiar to me, the roar list is one thing but if the LHS or whoever else maintains the status quo decides on one list with the exception of new additions until a new list appears, not much you can do but tow the line.

Right or Wrong sometimes it's best to let the baby have their bottle! Not worth the stress and frustration on your part.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigMBA

Bolding mine.

Technically, the the forum section of approvals list IS the list going forward. Now and in the future, the list is contained on the ROAR forum. If HT Fresno wants to use the old physical list, the number of motors that is legal will start to drastically dwindle as they become obsolete.

I guess my question is, did somebody legitimately get confused, or is there another issue?
Cee dizzle you know how by the book they are racing Saturday?
Old 08-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Cee dizzle you know how by the book they are racing Saturday?
My cars are always 100% compliant when I put them on the track. From battery voltage, to battery temp, to weight, to proper equipment. Even my body and wings are the proper height. (Most aren't). So if they want to tech my stuff, they are welcome to do so.

That said, no. I'm going to Tamiya to practice again. TCS national the next weekend. They can make whatever changes they like and I'll play along when I get back.

You didn't answer the question I asked. Why the confusion?
Old 08-12-2014, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Craig BMA

You didn't answer the question I asked. Why the confusion?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't it was Justin he made phone calls to ROAR and Tamiya America
. I showed him the forum section 2 weeks ago told him those motors were legal. He still didn't believe me also other people were questioning if they were going by the roar motor list and several motors OK all or most all of the guy's that are running killshot if they are not on list are not legal motors.I was told the motor I just bought last week at HT was not legal even though I showed them in the ROAR motor forum it was legal with a date and number.s! He called Tamiya and they told him if the motor wasn't on the list it would not be legal. You know with TCS next week they are take that seriously.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://roarracing.org/approved_brush....php?ordby=man
Old 08-13-2014, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is another kicker. Just because a motor is listed in the motor approvals forum section doesn't mean that it is approved yet. You must look at the status of the motor. Did it pass technical inspection and satisfy retail availability. It seems that Ex Comm isn't important all of the time as the D4's were allowed to race without that approval which is typically the last step.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:59 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
Here is another kicker. Just because a motor is listed in the motor approvals forum section doesn't mean that it is approved yet. You must look at the status of the motor. Did it pass technical inspection and satisfy retail availability. It seems that Ex Comm isn't important all of the time as the D4's were allowed to race without that approval which is typically the last step.
Right. It has to have the "Final EXCOM approval" on it before it is fully finished. The final step after passing the inspection is for EXCOM to verify its in stock at 3 retailers and then vote to allow it to pass (Even after its met every requirement) which sometimes this can take MONTHS for them to vote on it online on their private forum from any computer or smart phone they want to use.

EA
Old 08-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Thank you for the education!
I was able to verify all the motors I have questions answered except the Novak Vulcan 21.5 it is on neither list. So I will guess it is not legal or submitted for approval?
Old 08-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

I can ask Charlie next weekend. He's announcing the finals.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Roar is like the Namba of electric model rc boat racing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.