Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

How much is it??
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:16 PM   #32
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Out of curiosity, what is different from the Reflex rear pod and this car? I keep hearing people say it is totally different, but there are still no good, large close-up pics of this car. Guys are buying them without a lot of background on it, and I wonder why.

From what is shown on the T website, the pod looks very similar in concept to the Reflex without the slope, and the dampner tubes on the top of the rear plate as opposed to below it (like the factory Reflex). I saw pics of a Doseck Reflex from a big race in the last year (may have been the Snowbirds last winter) where the blue-chassised Reflex was mated to a black carbon flat topped pod, like we're seeing on the BW. I know that the motors without Trinity-style flat cans can be an issue in the ultra low Reflex pods, and I wonder if this pod fixes that hiccup?

I'm all for new 12th scale cars and designs. I seem to have an addiction to collecting them, but this car really isn't showing me much in the way of innovation. Is there anything on it that makes you guys look at it and say, woa, that's pretty trick"? With all of the choices today in really creative and forward-thinking design in 12th scale chassis and conversions, what makes this kit stand out, other than the black anodizing and clever red shock?

Truthfully, I'm not being sarcastic here. As much as I dislike E's history in the slot car and R/C industry, there is a lot of good Trinity has done for this hobby. I own a Reflex and a NOS Revolver myself, and I'm still a fan of the Dieter dynamic-style front end.

Can anyone post some photos and details of their kits if they have built them up?
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:17 PM   #33
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak
The only thing that is the same is the dampining tubes. Everything else on the car has been redesigned.
Thant's kind of amusing, because I thought the weakest parts on the Reflex (and the only things I have changed on mine) are the plastic, poor toleranced dampning tubes.

squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:59 AM   #34
Tech Initiate

My kit came with ammended instructions on how to fit the rectangleluar pivot cups instead of the round cups. Regardless of that, they did n't fit into the t bar anyway and because I had an associated t bar all made, I put that in instead. My kit also had alot of fibres hanging of it around the cell cutouts, etc. I always go around and seal the edges after sanding or filing them down but I have never seen so many fibres hanging out! Hopefully, the chassis will indeed have alot of steering as that is how I like the car to handle. Although the chassis has nothing new on it, I do like the fact that the cell cutouts have been designed for 37/3800's which are that little bit bigger than 3300's. First try out will be over the weekend so I'll let you guys know how it went. Cheers, Chris.
north coast rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:01 AM   #35
Tech Initiate

Oh yeah, the supplied turnbuckles were useless because they were only about 20mm long!
Old 11-21-2005, 05:58 AM   #36
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, just to let you know, after building the BW kit, there seemed to be a few things that were not right at all. I e-mailed Trinity to let them know and have to report that within 30 mins I had a reply back, the content of which I again was happy with. I know that some of the things that were wrong to start with but i was happy with the way they have sorted it out. I heard some back reports about Trinity's customer sevice but I have to say that I thought it was first class!