Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Advance R/C Car R10 2015 >

Advance R/C Car R10 2015

Advance R/C Car R10 2015

Old 07-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270 View Post
By bridge you mean the arm mount blocks? If so, I would try taking one of the 1mm shims out and replace it with a .5 and a .3mm shim to give it a little bit of play. Or you can go the sanding route and sand the end of the arm down a tad, might be some leftover moulding seam there.
Yes, that's what I mean. Sorry, used to using Tamiya language . Thanks for the tip, embarrassed that I didn't think of that. Thank you for the quick reply.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

I didn't have a .3mm shim, but did have a bunch of .1mm shims so, I used those. That did the trick. Thanks again for the suggestion. I should have the car complete tomorrow and hopefully be able to give it a shakedown next weekend.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody View Post
I'd say a decent amount do yes.
Thank you!
Old 07-08-2015, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

I had something odd happen with my build. I have the car complete, just waiting on electronics. When I built the diff I noticed some oil leaked out around one of the screws. I thought, no big deal, and wiped it off and continued on wit the build. The car sat on my stand for about 5 days and when I picked it up I noticed I had a lot of oil on the rear belt and diff gear. I took it apart last night to see what was up and almost all the oil was out of it. I wiped it down and refilled it(to the top of the cross on both builds) and it seems to be ok now. I thought it was odd that the leak was coming from around the screw, but figured I must have gotten some oil in there by accident. That wouldn't explain why the diff emptied though. Anybody else ever have this happen?
Old 07-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi JCarr,

Haven't seen this happen. ARC has a very solid gear diff that seems to be one of the better ones on the market. When putting a diff together with a little to much oil it is normal for it to leak from the screws when assembling. My guess is it just wasn't fully tightened.

K
Old 07-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kody View Post
Hi JCarr,

Haven't seen this happen. ARC has a very solid gear diff that seems to be one of the better ones on the market. When putting a diff together with a little to much oil it is normal for it to leak from the screws when assembling. My guess is it just wasn't fully tightened.

K
Thanks Kody, that's what I thought at first too, that it was overfilled a little. Perhaps the screws were a little loose as well as the driver I was using started to strip as I was tightening the screws. I got a new driver and it felt like I got the screws much tighter this time. I am in no way trying to knock the car as everything has been smooth as butter with the build. Can't wait to have the electronics and the body done so I can feel the huge difference between this and my trusty old 416.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So I've been doing a little experiment with one of my 2015's. I've been driving the 2015 since it was released, on carpet and asphalt, and the setup on my cars has gone a long ways from stock. So I put together a 2015 in bone stock setup to run at our local track. Running it in what we call Scale Spec up here in the Pacific Northwest. It is basically VTA with some changes to the rules to make it easier for people to use whatever parts they may have. (Battery has no limits, Bodies can be any production style vehicle(ZL1's etc but no LTCR's etc), 1450 weight) My goal was to see what this car can do with complete kit setup and kit parts. There were no hop ups to speak of.
My first week at the track, the car was absolutely fantastic. Tire wear was noticeable on the VTA tires but the handling was absolutely fantastic. Car was extremely easy to drive. If anything it felt like it was a little too planted in the rear. I made no changes to the car that day just to see how it fared against the other cars as they went through their setup changes to try and keep up. Took second that week behind a very skilled racer as we raced bumper to bumper the entire main. One of my most enjoyable days at a track.
This last weekend I decided to put the car into another class we race up here where it differs greatly from VTA. It's basically 21.5 with roar stock touring rules. The only change going into the race was to use the Gravity RC GT tires and swapping the springs to HPI silvers. The car felt a little loose in the back end so I laid the rear shocks down one hole. The car was fantastic. Tire wear was absolutely fantastic and traction was like driving on fly paper. Took the win and put a lap on the 2nd place driver. As a disclaimer, some of these drivers were using Tamiya tires as they were getting ready for the local TCS race up here and were at a disadvantage.
To sum all of this up, my experiment was to see how competitive this car is coming straight out of the box with as close to kit setup as I could stay. The experiment was a great success. This car is fantastic. I'm actually looking at my other 2015's and wondering if all the changes and hop ups I've put on it for the last year are really worth it. I've only broken a couple of parts the entire time I've owned the cars and they were from catastrophic events involving peoples feet on the track etc. Extremely durable cars and very responsive to subtle setup changes. I've loved these cars since the moment I've put them on the track. The car makes people heads turn when they see how well it performs. Gotta hand it to ARC, they've outdone themselves with the R10.
Next week I may have to give 17.5 stock touring a try with stock setup...should be interesting...

Last edited by Carnage9270; 07-14-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Will the Panaracer spur gears fit on the R10? Thanks!
Old 07-19-2015, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Yes.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you!
Old 07-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

anybody try the new floating steering system ? impression ?
Old 07-21-2015, 07:45 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
Will the Panaracer spur gears fit on the R10? Thanks!
Yes, but you need to get the spacer that Panaracer sells as the gears are really narrow. 114 is the max size to fit.

Originally Posted by Quinny45 View Post
anybody try the new floating steering system ? impression ?
Yes, it works great, and the height change is the key for me. You can flip bell cranks, but this leads to other issues like belt rub. The floating system solves this.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Seriously, the Panaracer spur goes straight on.
No messing, no spacers, no fettling. Straight out of the packet and it fits dead centre.
Attached Thumbnails Advance R/C Car R10 2015-img_1901.jpg  
Old 07-23-2015, 12:33 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclonetog View Post
Seriously, the Panaracer spur goes straight on.
No messing, no spacers, no fettling. Straight out of the packet and it fits dead centre.
It didn't on mine...
Old 07-24-2015, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

wrong forum. deleted

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.