Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Advance R/C Car R10 2015 >

Advance R/C Car R10 2015

Advance R/C Car R10 2015

Old 06-06-2015, 06:56 PM
  #901  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Venice Beach
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Thanks! After studying the bracket chart, it's all making sense. The #1 upside down with 4mm spacer is equal to the #1 right side up with a 1mm roll center shim.

Is Henrik's 2014 RROC 13.5 setup still a good place to start? Or does anyone have a suggestion to try something else? Thanks everyone!
LAGuy is offline  
Old 06-06-2015, 07:54 PM
  #902  
Tech Master
iTrader: (45)
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,291
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
Thanks! After studying the bracket chart, it's all making sense. The #1 upside down with 4mm spacer is equal to the #1 right side up with a 1mm roll center shim.

Is Henrik's 2014 RROC 13.5 setup still a good place to start? Or does anyone have a suggestion to try something else? Thanks everyone!
I think Henriks setup should be a good starting point. What track do you plan to run at (Tamiya, Cal Raceway)??? I'm currently building a second car for 13.5 for local racing and the KO race at GLARCRC in September.
Scott B is offline  
Old 06-07-2015, 04:25 AM
  #903  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne,Australia
Posts: 343
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

recently got myself r10/15 great car response well to changes i found, build quality is great,very pleased

was wondering if someone could check the steering throw at maximum travel
thanks in advance
elche_83 is offline  
Old 06-08-2015, 10:13 AM
  #904  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by elche_83 View Post
recently got myself r10/15 great car response well to changes i found, build quality is great,very pleased

was wondering if someone could check the steering throw at maximum travel
thanks in advance
30* is about max on the inside tire. To get this you need a longer servo arm like the Yokomo BD7 arm. Most of us in the NW run about 27-30* on the inside on asphalt and around 23-25 on carpet. Play with dual rate and little expo. Adjust to taste!

Kody

Last edited by Kody; 06-08-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Kody is offline  
Old 06-08-2015, 11:49 AM
  #905  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Venice Beach
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
I think Henriks setup should be a good starting point. What track do you plan to run at (Tamiya, Cal Raceway)??? I'm currently building a second car for 13.5 for local racing and the KO race at GLARCRC in September.
Thanks!

I'd like to race at Tamiya & Cal Raceway. First up will be the BFTR at Camarillo end of the month!
LAGuy is offline  
Old 06-08-2015, 11:53 AM
  #906  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Venice Beach
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by elche_83 View Post
recently got myself r10/15 great car response well to changes i found, build quality is great,very pleased

was wondering if someone could check the steering throw at maximum travel
thanks in advance
You may also need to have separate l/r travel ranges on your radio to equal out both.
LAGuy is offline  
Old 06-08-2015, 12:21 PM
  #907  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,782
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
Thanks!

I'd like to race at Tamiya & Cal Raceway. First up will be the BFTR at Camarillo end of the month!
My car was stellar at the Reedy Race, although the results weren't great, and I am local to socal. I'll try to get the setup posted soon.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 06-12-2015, 05:56 AM
  #908  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Latest options from ARC

Hex Wheel Hub Offset -0.75mm Set with Shims. This will make changing hex offset fast and easy. R109046


R103028
4x11.5x0.25mm Shims (8pcs)


R103029
4x11.5x0.5mm Shims (8pcs)
Kody is offline  
Old 06-12-2015, 08:24 AM
  #909  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,782
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kody View Post
Hex Wheel Hub Offset -0.75mm Set with Shims. This will make changing hex offset fast and easy. R109046


R103028
4x11.5x0.25mm Shims (8pcs)


R103029
4x11.5x0.5mm Shims (8pcs)
Now I won't have to use my light blue shims from that other company...
Frank Root is offline  
Old 06-12-2015, 10:51 AM
  #910  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Yup in the same boat!
Kody is offline  
Old 06-12-2015, 09:31 PM
  #911  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (84)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,700
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default set up

Hi
I am just getting ready to build my 17.5 stock R10 2015 ATS..
question : it is better to have the ATS for asphalt or not?
Our Track is med size with medium traction grip
OVA is offline  
Old 06-12-2015, 09:47 PM
  #912  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,134
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

No ATS Franko. Kit setup with HPI silver springs. Tweak to your needs after that. Very easy to drive with kit setup.

Losi 30 in shocks.
Carnage9270 is offline  
Old 06-12-2015, 10:13 PM
  #913  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (84)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,700
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carnage9270 View Post
No ATS Franko. Kit setup with HPI silver springs. Tweak to your needs after that. Very easy to drive with kit setup.

Losi 30 in shocks.

what part did you tweek set up for FW track? what bodies shell are you using ?
Thanks Mike
OVA is offline  
Old 06-12-2015, 11:02 PM
  #914  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,134
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I'm running quite a different setup with short shocks but definitely not necessary to be competitive. As far as bodies go, I prefer the Blitz GSF, but some like the LSF as well. Or you can go with the ole LTCR too.
Carnage9270 is offline  
Old 06-13-2015, 05:57 AM
  #915  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (84)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,700
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carnage9270 View Post
I'm running quite a different setup with short shocks but definitely not necessary to be competitive. As far as bodies go, I prefer the Blitz GSF, but some like the LSF as well. Or you can go with the ole LTCR too.
I do also have the short shock and the lower shock tower ,it came with the deal.
OVA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.