Advance R/C Car R10 2015

You're on Page 31 of 70
Go to
  • The bench.

Maybe he is confused from posting in almost every thread on RC Tech.. LOL.

Serious note... I am slowly building my kit for asphalt season, 17.5, with exceptional guidance from ARC NW. I was going to run the 96 spur and ground down the "Flex Motor Tower" within like 1mm from the screw holes. Thought I had plenty of room but tried to put a 50 on there and no go..

Do we even need that part or shall I gind more...
  • Just got a text from my Yoda and told me to grind to the screw!!!

• Quote: Just got a text from my Yoda and told me to grind to the screw!!!

You can use part # R102507 lower motor mount nut. Looks better! I just used a dremel and a grinding bit to ream the motor mount slots. I can get a 51t pinion in there with a 96t spur.
  • not worth a response.
  • I can see how a dremel can make the slots for the motor screws wider, or grinding the vertical stand on the flex mount will solve the clearance issue for the pinion gear. I do think having a slightly smaller spur gear like an 88 or even a 92 will also remedy the problem without grinding the nice aluminum.
  • Moar teeth!
  • Quote: I do think having a slightly smaller spur gear like an 88 or even a 92 will also remedy the problem without grinding the nice aluminum.
    +1
  • True that... An 88 will be money but will move the motor back very crucial mm that I will never notice... LOL. I ground it down and flat blacked it... looks factory. Still going to go with the 88 and claim lower rotating mass.
  • Don't shoot the messenger. Its only just another option. You can do what you like.
  • 88 works good. Been running it for a while. Yeah kyle less rotating mass
  • I'm running a 92 for the most part. Can fit up to a 54 pinion in there after grinding a bit.
  • Quote: Hoping boxes are delivered today -- we can get items in system later today or tomorrow.
    are these in stock, yet?

thanks.
  • oh, I have another question, also.
    I have the stock R10 2015 chassis on my car. I run only on carpet. I believe that stiffer is better on carpet. Is this true?

If it is true, I think the stock chassis is 2.25mm thick. Would the 2.5mm (Product Code: R108007) handle better?
    I already use the chassis stiffener in the car.
    I also don't want to go to the aluminum chassis because I am afraid of hitting something and bending it.

thanks,
    tim
  • Looks like the ATS car kit is in stock but no signs of the the ATS conversion yet. Loads of Titan tools are in stock as well.