R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Speedmerchant Roadkill 10 235mm Pro10 Pancar (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/824895-speedmerchant-roadkill-10-235mm-pro10-pancar.html)

celt 07-17-2014 06:02 PM

For sure...

Yeah, this is the kit I'm Jones'in for...I don't want a conversion with messy axle extension and rear pod whatnots.

A 235mm chassis front to back. Coke, not Pepsi.

liljohn1064 07-18-2014 06:36 AM

:cry: Everything on it's way, but the car.

OrganicMechanic 07-18-2014 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by celt (Post 13407933)
Yeah, this is the kit I'm Jones'in for...I don't want a conversion with messy axle extension and rear pod whatnots.

Originally Posted by liljohn1064 (Post 13408737)
:cry: Everything on it's way, but the car.

Had either of you heard anything from Bruce on where the preorder is at?

liljohn1064 07-18-2014 11:49 AM

I just send a PM to SpeedMerchant to ask when the pre order will be up and that there is a thread up for his new product, with pictures from his website.

:tire: :tire:

Josh-n-ya 07-18-2014 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by celt (Post 13407933)

You had to go there with the whole coke thing didn't you. Lol. Your avatar cracks me up.

SpeedMerchant 07-18-2014 12:44 PM

You guys are awesome. LOL.

Only 10 available to start. I wish I could do more, but I'm honestly cutting it really, really close on the New School Fronts.

As soon as I get more molds in, there will plenty to go around.

http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/news.html

Have a great day.-Bruce

liljohn1064 07-18-2014 02:03 PM

Done!

Yahtzee!

liljohn1064 07-18-2014 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by liljohn1064 (Post 13409583)
Yahtzee!

Axle set and spare ordered from IRS! So ready!

OrganicMechanic 07-18-2014 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedMerchant (Post 13409460)
You guys are awesome. LOL.

Only 10 available to start. I wish I could do more, but I'm honestly cutting it really, really close on the New School Fronts.

As soon as I get more molds in, there will plenty to go around.

Have a great day.-Bruce

Nice, glad to see the preorder up! Great job on making it happen Bruce!

Originally Posted by liljohn1064 (Post 13409583)
Yahtzee!

Originally Posted by liljohn1064 (Post 13409607)
Axle set and spare ordered from IRS! So ready!

And the ball is rolling for Pro10, I'm stoked!:D

celt 07-18-2014 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya (Post 13409449)
You had to go there with the whole coke thing didn't you. Lol. Your avatar cracks me up.

Just cut my network over to U-Verse...

You should see how bloody my face is now.

RoyU 07-18-2014 10:44 PM

Ordered my preorder. I hope I'm one of the ten.

I guess I could use the IRS axle off my L2

liljohn1064 07-19-2014 02:29 PM

Good luck to all of us who ordered! I had the ESC and motor hooked up to the receiver on a bench with a PC. All is good and they are ready for their new home. The Reventon Pro 1.1 is not familiar to me at all, so I did some more bench work. I did manage to get it to the Hybrid Boost config and pick the setup for the 105R. The software will not let me modify any of the individual parameters for boost start, boost ramp rate, peak boost, turbo and turbo delay, but I do get a recommended preset values list for the ESC by motor (3.5 to 21.5). It will be interesting to see how this relays to actual performance. I did the radio config and ran it with the slave to listen for the turbo and it does kick in. I then put the motor on the Extreme MC and it was peaking at about 4.4 Amps at 15* timing, 34000 RPMs or so. I know I can go about double on running current if I choose to, but no need. I put the checker in cycle mode and let it run for 8 minutes and the temps were real good, under 140*. My RPM motor stand was used again for a test jig. The slave was an old Tekin Redline 7.5 and I think it was hotter than the 10.5. I am so ready for a build!

Update: (literally) I figured it out. I had to upgrade the Reventon software to the latest version, update the ESC firmware and then access the settings via the program card and not the PC interface. Painful, but I'm up to date now and can access each item and change it's value individually with the LCD card.

TOADYY 07-19-2014 08:49 PM

I just ordered mine.

Nick Heldens 07-20-2014 08:13 AM

Isn't a front brace necessary with this car? Most 235mm cars do use one.

Which pod inserts are used to change ride height in the back?
I hope they are metal, not plastic.
Don't see them on the Speedmerchant website....

Same as to changing ride height in the front.

Which centre shock springs? Looking for them on the Speedmerchant website. Not found them yet. My bad...?

I prefer standard BSR tyres all around. They go with this car with no problems?

How do you change caster with this car? Maybe with the two screws on top of the front suspension and than move back or forth?

OrganicMechanic 07-20-2014 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Heldens (Post 13412392)
Isn't a front brace necessary with this car? Most 235mm cars do use one.

Which pod inserts are used to change ride height in the back?
I hope they are metal, not plastic.
Don't see them on the Speedmerchant website....

Same as to changing ride height in the front.

Which centre shock springs? Looking for them on the Speedmerchant website. Not found them yet. My bad...?

I prefer standard BSR tyres all around. They go with this car with no problems?

How do you change caster with this car? Maybe with the two screws on top of the front suspension and than move back or forth?

I can answer the BSR ?, this is from the speedmerchant website:

Sorry for taking a little longer to get these up for sale, but I did a tiny re-design on the rear pod width, and I wanted to get the new stuff cut before I actually gave it the thumbs up.
I just narrowed the rear about 6mm. We had done our testing with JACO rims/tires and they are a little narrower than the BSR off-set that is very popular right now.