Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Mi5 evo

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 02:40 PM
reg
Tech Adept

How are you guys finding the play and wear now you have had them a while?
Do you still get a lot of play from the caster block bearing and how is the ever changing rear toe play?
Old 07-31-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reg
How are you guys finding the play and wear now you have had them a while?
Do you still get a lot of play from the caster block bearing and how is the ever changing rear toe play?
There is still some play in the castor block bearings, and it seems like it is a bearing issue more than the plastics. I need to order some different bearings and check this out... Having said that I prefer free to tight!

As for rear toe, there can be a difference when mounting up the arms. Fixed that by running a 2.5 arm on the rear left, and a 3.0 on the right. Gives equal toe side to side (thankfully the arms are avaliable as individuals now, given the new wishbone sockets). The difference comes from the mounts twisting a little when bolting down, and is very hard to avoid, even when being careful on mounting them.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Hey Guys, Getting back into the RC scene after an absence coaching football. Loved the Schumie's of old and am looking to order the MI5Evo. Too many AE and Xray cars, need to mix it up.

Im running into one problem though. I can't find any hobby shops within 1000km who carry Schumacher. Not one to let that stop me, I'm going to order in a chassis and carry spares for racing. Primarily around here it is indoor carpet racing on Sweeps tires or so I'm told.

My question to anyone who can help is recommended parts I should carry for race day repairs keeping in mind its probably a two week turnaround for me to order and receive parts. Geeze you'd think I lived in a third world country and not Canada.

Many Thanks in advance to any help. I have been reading up on set up/build tips, but pls feel free to fire them my way if you have any. I'll be blazing a path through the other brands and testing my set up skills once again. Things have changed a little since I was last at the track. IE SST 98(best tourer) and first gen MI days.

Cheers,
Old 08-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OlTimer
Hey Guys, Getting back into the RC scene after an absence coaching football. Loved the Schumie's of old and am looking to order the MI5Evo. Too many AE and Xray cars, need to mix it up.

Im running into one problem though. I can't find any hobby shops within 1000km who carry Schumacher. Not one to let that stop me, I'm going to order in a chassis and carry spares for racing. Primarily around here it is indoor carpet racing on Sweeps tires or so I'm told.

My question to anyone who can help is recommended parts I should carry for race day repairs keeping in mind its probably a two week turnaround for me to order and receive parts. Geeze you'd think I lived in a third world country and not Canada.

Many Thanks in advance to any help. I have been reading up on set up/build tips, but pls feel free to fire them my way if you have any. I'll be blazing a path through the other brands and testing my set up skills once again. Things have changed a little since I was last at the track. IE SST 98(best tourer) and first gen MI days.

Cheers,
www.discountrcstore.com they carry everything you need!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OlTimer
Cheers,
The only parts that I needed so far were the rear hub carriers. They are designed to snap and I broke a couple already with rather soft but parallel touches to the track barrier. Having two or three spares might do the job at the beginning.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Have any of you guys tried using the Mi5 steering rack on the Mi5e? How does it change the steering feel, is it worth trying? Also, has anyone tried the alloy chassis? Got one on order looking to see what it's all about...
Old 08-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Have any of you guys tried using the Mi5 steering rack on the Mi5e? How does it change the steering feel, is it worth trying? Also, has anyone tried the alloy chassis? Got one on order looking to see what it's all about...
I put the new evo steering rack on my old 5, I use it for my RCGT car. It works better than the original. I have a new alloy chassis that I will take to Vegas.

I havent had a chance to use it yet.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:51 AM
reg
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
I put the new evo steering rack on my old 5, I use it for my RCGT car. It works better than the original. I have a new alloy chassis that I will take to Vegas.

I havent had a chance to use it yet.
Does the evo one fit straight on the 5?
Old 08-13-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

It should fit. But I don't see why anyone would want to put the old rack on the evo. The original rack worked best when it was modified for 8mm ball spacing . Now the evo rack has that from the get go with the ability to fine tune ackerman.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by reg
Does the evo one fit straight on the 5?
yes, direct bolt in, no problems
Old 08-13-2014, 03:32 PM
reg
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
yes, direct bolt in, no problems

Thnkyou
Old 08-13-2014, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

jeff jenkins, not going to hurt anything by trying it...
Old 08-13-2014, 10:24 PM
Tech Initiate

How about Corally. In their prime those were some great kits next to xray yokomo and Tamiya.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Some musing from recent racing and testing...

http://www.thard.co.uk/recent-exploits/
Old 08-23-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Stainless steel screws Set For Schumacher Mi5evo:http://www.rzhobby.com/stainless-ste...evo-p-585.html
Titanium Screw Set For Schumacher Mi5evo:http://www.rzhobby.com/titanium-scre...evo-p-584.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.