Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ova T4/L2

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Ova T4/L2

About a month or so ago several people were asking about the Ova line of cars. They had never heard of it. I thought I'd post a few pictures of their latest touring car, the Ova T4/L2.

Old 09-24-2002, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here's a couple more close up pictures.

Old 09-24-2002, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

thanks macky. that's a rare car. i was asking about availability about four months ago or so and nobody new how to get one. not surprising it shows up in your collection. nice pics.
Old 09-24-2002, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Macky,
Is that how it comes out of the box? Or did you upgrade some parts.

Does it come with two ball diffs or a one way up front?

Also where did you get this car and how does it handle.

Thanks
Richard
Old 09-24-2002, 03:11 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I will say it again as Macky you have some of the baddest r/c cars on the planet. How you find these rare cars I don't know but when it comes to cool touring cars you are the god. I hope you keep pictures of all the ones you have had as it would make a great set of pictures for fellow racers to look at.

That OVA car is unreal. I bet it will run strong. It is very impressive looking. Do you have to get them from overseas? Do you have one shop you like to deal with to get some of these unique rides?

Thanks
Brian
Old 09-24-2002, 03:20 PM
Regional Moderator

VERY VERY NICE!
macky you did a wonderful job building that kit!
nothing but the best from this man.
Old 09-24-2002, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Wyd, when you come back to RCO in a couple weeks you had better have one of these beasts! OOOH PRETTY!
Old 09-24-2002, 03:27 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Bolink Boy I know Macky pretty well and I might have to buy it from him sometimes.

If it is suppose to rain this weekend I will be down to race again. I need to see if it is going to rain where we are planning to ride.
Old 09-24-2002, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rleong
Hey Macky,
Is that how it comes out of the box? Or did you upgrade some parts.

Does it come with two ball diffs or a one way up front?

Also where did you get this car and how does it handle.

Thanks
Richard

Unfortunately that is not the way it comes out of the box. I wish it did. I had the motor mounts, front and rear bulkheads, and the chassis stand off anodized. I also added the TC3 style steering which is a hop up. The servo mounts, c-hubs, o-ring wheel hubs, and threaded shocks are all Yokomo parts. Anyone who knows Ova cars (Joseph & Todb) knows that the kits don't come with shocks, tires, or even a bumper.

The car comes with a one way up front and mid one way as most cars from Japan do but you can put a ball diff from the Yokomo MR4 series in it.

I got the car from Japan but I believe the Control Centre has one or two of them. I have yet to run the car yet so I'm not sure how it handles.

Last edited by Macky; 09-24-2002 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-24-2002, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by wyd
I will say it again as Macky you have some of the baddest r/c cars on the planet. How you find these rare cars I don't know but when it comes to cool touring cars you are the god. I hope you keep pictures of all the ones you have had as it would make a great set of pictures for fellow racers to look at.

That OVA car is unreal. I bet it will run strong. It is very impressive looking. Do you have to get them from overseas? Do you have one shop you like to deal with to get some of these unique rides?

Thanks
Brian
Thanks Brian(wyd). You'd be surprised what you can find on the internet when your working two weeks of midnights and trying to pass the time.

Overseas is the only place you can get it from. I have dealt with a few different people/shops in my quest for rare cars. There is chrisman who first hooked me up with the original RC Lab car before anyone here in the States ever heard of them. I have also bought a couple from Tsubasa from Control Centre. Then there is Diva my Hong Kong connection. Last but not least is my latest contact in Japan.
Old 09-24-2002, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Ko Racer
VERY VERY NICE!
macky you did a wonderful job building that kit!
nothing but the best from this man.
Thanks KO Racer(Joseph) you da man.

I forgot to mention I actually do have pictures of my cars new and old on my site. Check out KINGMACKY.com. I have since sold a lot, but still have quite a few left.

Also hopefully later on this week I will post pictures of my bloody red Speedmind Daytona.

Last edited by Macky; 09-24-2002 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:49 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Thanks Macky. If you deal with them it is safe to buy from them. You do have a great collection of cars. I will have to check out your site. Glad to hear you have pictures of some of your stuff so we all can drool some.

I can see late nights in the internet can get me in trouble. You can find alot of stuff out their. I just was on the KAI site and man do they have nice graphite stuff. I was really impressed.

Thanks
Brian
Old 09-24-2002, 09:02 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Fantastic pictures. Which cars are or were your favorite?

For me the Yokes in general have been mine except for a killer 98 Schumacher I had that worked as good if not better than any car I have ever had. For some reason I also like the FSR for coolness and it worked pretty good as well. The Yokes have been great on setups and once they work nothing seems to mess that setup up but bad tires. Once set it stays even if I have a big wreck the car still works.

That Mission you have is very nice. I kick myself for not buying your HPI Pro 3 you had. How did your KX One run for you? Neat looking car but a little hard to get parts for.

I think the main problem is that we have so many different touring cars out and more coming out every week it seems. Their must be 30 plus good touring cars from past to present. It is hard for me to stay with one car.

I'm leaning towards getting a nice trick Pro 3, 414M2, or wait for a new Yoke to come out. I want some of that Masami silver graphite.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:56 AM
ruf
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been thinking about getting one of these. Does it come with all the blue stuff though? I'm pretty tired of blue. Can you tell me the difference between the full kit and the basic kit?

I'd try out the new Yokomo shocks on it (Tamiya style cartridge).
Old 09-25-2002, 01:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ruf
I've been thinking about getting one of these. Does it come with all the blue stuff though? I'm pretty tired of blue. Can you tell me the difference between the full kit and the basic kit?

I'd try out the new Yokomo shocks on it (Tamiya style cartridge).
No, the parts do not come in blue. They come in black. I believe the basic kit does not include diffs and the full kit does. You might want to ask Tsubasa to make sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.