R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-04-2014, 04:56 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Schumacher Mi5 evo vs Xray T4 2014

With the new Schumacher Mi5 evo just out, I wonder how the new version now compares to the Xray T4 2014?
I understand that the Xray T4 2014 was clearly superior over the standard Mi5. The Mi5 evo seems to have substantial improvements making the car much more competitive now.
I like to make a decision in the next two weeks and since my LHS only has Schumacher, I tend to lean towards the Mi5 eve.

I do really appreciate some advice from people with experience with both brands. This will be my first touring car and I will run it on asphalt only.
Alcazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #2
Tech Addict

I had the Mi5 and loved it. I ended up switching to VBC and I like it a little bit more but I would still choose the new Evo over the T4-14. All 3 cars are very good but I tend to lean towards the bolder designs. If Xray would update the eccentric cam design (belt tension adjustment), ARB holders, a couple other little things and offer some choice in cosmetics that would re-interest me. The thing now is that you don't have to buy an Xray to get professional quality anymore - they have competiton.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
I had the Mi5 and loved it. I ended up switching to VBC and I like it a little bit more but I would still choose the new Evo over the T4-14. All 3 cars are very good but I tend to lean towards the bolder designs. If Xray would update the eccentric cam design (belt tension adjustment), ARB holders, a couple other little things and offer some choice in cosmetics that would re-interest me. The thing now is that you don't have to buy an Xray to get professional quality anymore - they have competiton.
Totally agree with you, xray is not the only car with good quality, most of my local racer run ARC R10 with superb handling and speed, the design is quite similar with close enough quality and at least 100usd cheaper, most part are 2/3 or less in price. No so much people want xray touring car in taipei these day. We do love their 1/12 for they have best diff and nearly indestructible durability.

Personally I ran mi5 witch is painfully hard to setup due to my lack of skill compared to out of box superior handling of R10, I still love it for its durability and ease of maintenance. The new evo is lot better compared to the original yet still need some adjustment. Xray is too boring in terms of design. The handling and quality are not that far superior than any cheaper competitors. With T4might come out a new Model anytime soon. i suggest you get an mi5 evo or some other cheaper t4 like design car. If you really want a xray, wait for the new model.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Wouldn't say the mi5 is slower then the t4 plus the mi5 in the damp is unbeatable

I am not a top driver at my track and with the mi5 I can push them ( can't beat them the y seem to get apexs and braking point perfect every time lol)
Old 07-05-2014, 04:18 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks guys. Decision made, MI5evo is mine. Will post experience with the new model after the car is set up and it stopped raining in Melbourne.
Alcazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:28 AM   #6
Tech Master

Good decision..just built up the MI5 Evo myself this week and boy it looks fast

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #7
Tech Adept

also have the evo now and its responds faster over the mi5 its better but just need to tweak setup but first impression are good
Old 07-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcboy1983 View Post
also have the evo now and its responds faster over the mi5 its better but just need to tweak setup but first impression are good
i might have to test you tomorrow if no one turns up for boosted
Old 07-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Think it will take few meeting to get it sweet , not down the track testing on Saturdays like u lol. But was on worn out tyres last weekend it still gets into the 15s laps

Tags
mi5evo, xray t4 2014