R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-07-2014, 11:54 PM   #76
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

295grams is not bad for a 6200mah pack, but I think the thunderpower 4300mah 65C (255 grams) will be better in your case, and I think it's the best lipo pack ever made.....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:06 AM   #77
Tech Master

Or you could use the IP 4800 90C pack that is 218g.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:21 AM   #78
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
295grams is not bad for a 6200mah pack, but I think the thunderpower 4300mah 65C (255 grams) will be better in your case, and I think it's the best lipo pack ever made.....
does your track have weight limit?
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #79
Tech Regular

I couldn't find any Thunder Power anywhere in Australia and I don't want to purchase LiPo's from overseas.

I tried putting my esc on the battery side yesterday to see what my car would be like with a shorty (I already have an old turnigy shorty). I couldn't get it neat enough and it was very inconvenient for maintainence (esc blocking motor mount screws, wires going over and under motor shaft). I decided that a shorty is not what I want anymore.

But with the IP/Orca 6200mah, I think I have a good setup, the punch of a larger standard pack while only being 30g overweight. To be honest, if I was worried about 30g of weight I wouldn't of bought a tub chassis in the first place
TB03Racer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:08 AM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB03Racer09 View Post
I couldn't find any Thunder Power anywhere in Australia and I don't want to purchase LiPo's from overseas.

I tried putting my esc on the battery side yesterday to see what my car would be like with a shorty (I already have an old turnigy shorty). I couldn't get it neat enough and it was very inconvenient for maintainence (esc blocking motor mount screws, wires going over and under motor shaft). I decided that a shorty is not what I want anymore.

But with the IP/Orca 6200mah, I think I have a good setup, the punch of a larger standard pack while only being 30g overweight. To be honest, if I was worried about 30g of weight I wouldn't of bought a tub chassis in the first place
http://www.modelflight.com.au/shop-b...5c-bullet.html

Model flight in Adelaide are the thunder power distributors in Australia. Your better of ordering batteries from either walter rc in syd (orca packs) or feral batteries in Sydney(intellect) as they are cheaper. The thunder power do have an excellent warranty that model flight do honour as I had one of my packs for my transmitter go bad and they replaced it free of charge.

Walter Rc Hobby - Serpent 4X

Nosram - R1wurks - Sanwa - Hudy - Muchmore
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:48 AM   #81
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
http://www.modelflight.com.au/shop-b...5c-bullet.html

Model flight in Adelaide are the thunder power distributors in Australia. Your better of ordering batteries from either walter rc in syd (orca packs) or feral batteries in Sydney(intellect) as they are cheaper. The thunder power do have an excellent warranty that model flight do honour as I had one of my packs for my transmitter go bad and they replaced it free of charge.
walter rc is my lhs, most likely I'll be getting an Orca from them
TB03Racer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:55 AM   #82
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
I have been reading everything that is being said on this thread and researching different batteries, parts, bodies ect.

I need to use the Orca 6200mah LiPo (or Intellect equivalent), protoform lightweight body (with minimal stickers, lightly painted), titanium screw kit and replacing a few steel parts with aluminium. Will also be shortening wires, body posts and using an antenna-less receiver (which is 8g lighter than my current and I can remove the antenna mount and antenna tube). I wont need any lead weight (I don't care if one side is 10g heavier) and won't have to spend a lot of money that would be better served put towards a better car.

I estimated I can get the tb04 pro II to about 1410g this way, that's a number I can live with
Better use the Orca than intellect. Orca is quite expensive but it'll save you money in the end because their batteries are one of the best in the rc universe for TC racing, punch doesn't fade, lasts longer and don't puff easily. I was using intellect before and it's nothing compared to an Orca.

Just my 2 cents
alecladanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:16 AM   #83
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
walter rc is my lhs, most likely I'll be getting an Orca from them
I deal with Jay all the time for my serpent gear. Great shop.

Walter Rc Hobby - Serpent 4X

Nosram - R1wurks - Sanwa - Hudy - Muchmore
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:46 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecladanga View Post
Better use the Orca than intellect. Orca is quite expensive but it'll save you money in the end because their batteries are one of the best in the rc universe for TC racing, punch doesn't fade, lasts longer and don't puff easily. I was using intellect before and it's nothing compared to an Orca.

Just my 2 cents
I've got approx 500 or more runs on mine and it's not as good as new. But the ir is still going below 1.5 after a few cycles as it was new. As well as it hasn't puffed yet.
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:18 AM   #85
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Just my 2 cents
I myself run Orca Infinites and I was under the impression they ARE rebadged Intellects? Just like Aeromodel are. Are the Orca Infinites rebadged Intellects?

Tamiya 419x/Associated TC7.1/Sanwa M12s/Xpert servos
d16dcoe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:22 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d16dcoe45 View Post
I myself run Orca Infinites and I was under the impression they ARE rebadged Intellects? Just like Aeromodel are. Are the Orca Infinites rebadged Intellects?
I though so too
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #87
Tech Master

Quote:

Just my 2 cents
As per the other comments Orca are IP lipos. They are manufactured by Intellect and supplied to Orca.

Also as per the other comments intellect lipos are also sold under aero model and Pro Match brands.

They are one of the best lipos money can buy.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #88
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So, did we come to the conclusion that the best battery for a 17.5 blinky class of any sort is the biggest, highest average voltage, lowest internal resistance pack you can fit and still make close to the legal weight?
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. Losi 22 4.0, CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #89
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
So, did we come to the conclusion that the best battery for a 17.5 blinky class of any sort is the biggest, highest average voltage, lowest internal resistance pack you can fit and still make close to the legal weight?
If reality is your sort of thing, absolutely