R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 06-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Default Setup system choises (Hudy, Arrowmax & MR33)

I'm lokning for a setup system for my 1/10 touring cars.

Do you guys have experience with Arrowmax or MR33? Are their level of quality comparable to Hudy? The Hudy are the most expensive of these three, though the MR33 are quite glose to the price of the Hudy...

Tanks

Arrowmax: http://www.ahhobby.dk/product_info.p...14974830bb4930

MR33: http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...uring-Car-1-10

And then there's off course Hudy: http://www.xray-shop.dk/da/opsaetnin...ring-cars.html

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 06-28-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I like and use the Hudy set although the arrow max does look nice. Hudy is known for their quality and detail. The laser engraving is really fine so you can set camber/toe with a lot of resolution. I remember a decade ago when Hudy were made of acrylic and were really precise.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I wonder if rheinard uses his own?

Hudy is everywhere amongst the pros and you see plenty of 5-10yr old stations out there still working as if they were new.

If yo if can afford the hudy, get it. Once the pain of the $$$ wears off, you won't be upset with it that is for sure.
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:01 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Had a Hudy and sold it to buy a new Arrow-Max, same quality and the Arrow-Max comes with the 4mm wheel nuts as well, save yourself some coin and get the Arrow-Max
B.C.Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:24 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The complete HUDY setup system works wonderfully and the quality is 2nd to none. Ive had mine for years and it is still as good as the day I bought it.

I had a go with my buddy's arrowmax system the other day and granted it is nice but IMHO the HUDY is better quality and feels like it would stand the test of time longer than the arrowmax.
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:22 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice

I think the Hudy is the original and as such demands a hefty price. It is a great quality product which can almost be seen as an investment because you will keep it in your toolbox regardless of which chassis you are running. I do however think the others will work equally well and last just as long. You finally have some choice.
Reese Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Hudy period
blackshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:48 AM   #8
Tech Master

Using Hudy since '93, and still using the old style. Not matter which manufacture you use, do what tickles your fancy. I went with the material its made of. Only thing I've changed was the board, it warped.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Thanks for all the inputs.

I've more or less counted the MR33 out, since it almost the same price as the Hudy, but dont seem to bring anything new to the table.

Hudy vs. Arrowmax is more tough. Arrowmax is about 15-20% cheaper, comes with wheelnuts and thumbscrews for disassembly. But no bag. Hudy have a nice box, but no wheelscrews and requires a screwdriver for disassembly...

Here's a video about the Arrowmax, definately looks nice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWMyopA3FQA

I'm leaning towards Hudy, but still somewhat unsure....
Old 06-30-2014, 02:15 AM   #10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Really like the Arrowmax, It's the smoothest out there. But It's not as easy to unscrew as the others because of an extra bearing. It's also really light!

Regards Robert
Old 06-30-2014, 02:33 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Trickle View Post
Hudy vs. Arrowmax is more tough. Arrowmax is about 15-20% cheaper, comes with wheelnuts and thumbscrews for disassembly. But no bag. Hudy have a nice box, but no wheelscrews and requires a screwdriver for disassembly...
Case or just a cardboard box with foam?

The Hudy doesn't need a screw driver if you buy the optional thumb nuts.

Are the bearings replaceable/serviceable on the arrowmax?
Old 06-30-2014, 03:04 AM   #12
Tech Adept

My hudy setup station came with handnuts. I didn't have to buy some
Awesoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:24 AM   #13
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Trickle View Post
Thanks for all the inputs.

I've more or less counted the MR33 out, since it almost the same price as the Hudy, but dont seem to bring anything new to the table.

Here's a video about the Arrowmax, definately looks nice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWMyopA3FQA

I'm leaning towards Hudy, but still somewhat unsure....
The HUDY set comes with the thumb screws if you get the right set. This one is what I have and you don't need anything else:

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...10-Touring-Car

Pricy but think of it as an investment. It will be the only set you'll ever need and should you take good care of it holds reasonable value in the used parts market!
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:01 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
The HUDY set comes with the thumb screws if you get the right set.
That's what I have as well. I bought mine second hand as they are impossible to get at the moment. Amain have been out of stock for a while now, and when I emailed them they had no ETA either.

Actually pretty happy, as I paid less than that, and also got a hard case and setup board in good nick too.

Win!

Your comment on selling a gain later is true as well, they don't lose much value. any high quality product that doesn't wear out and isn't superseded ever year tends to do that though!
Old 06-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplus View Post
That's what I have as well. I bought mine second hand as they are impossible to get at the moment. Amain have been out of stock for a while now, and when I emailed them they had no ETA either.

Actually pretty happy, as I paid less than that, and also got a hard case and setup board in good nick too.

Win!

Your comment on selling a gain later is true as well, they don't lose much value. any high quality product that doesn't wear out and isn't superseded ever year tends to do that though!
Amain isn't the best example of keeping non-US stuff in stock! The hudy kits are also available here:

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ouring-p-27480

A quick google also shows that the kit is available in quite a few shops. Heck there's even a couple on eBay.