Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2014 U.S. VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A. >

2014 U.S. VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 U.S. VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had a great time as usual. Thanks to Myron, Robert, Brad and the rest of the crew for putting on such a great event. Already looking forward till next year.

chuck
Old 09-22-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
It was great to see everyone. I hope you are all home safe.
I will try to get the videos of the mains from the drivers stand up first.

Pictures will have to be sorted through. I think last year I uploaded them to Dirla's server and he put them on the nashrcracer site.

Was a good weekend.
Yep just upload ill post them to www.rc50.com
Old 09-22-2014, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Had a ball. Didn't do as well as I had hoped, but better than I expected.
I have one question, though. Did we ever figure out what twas causing that stench in the back room??? Good gracious, that was bad!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:06 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
I have one question, though. Did we ever figure out what twas causing that stench in the back room??? Good gracious, that was bad!
I never heard of a stench back there but I did hear someone say that a 12th scale racer was cleaning his tires with Lye or something along those lines. Which if true that stuff smells horrible and could have been it. I didnt hear this till late yesterday though.

EA
Old 09-22-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
Yep just upload ill post them to www.rc50.com
what do you have them under??...i just see the pics from last year 2013
Old 09-22-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I heard someone say it was a bottle of OLD bolink body wash!
Old 09-22-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

so who won. hopefully I will make it next year. having a career sucks.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

I believe it was old BoLINK body wash. Smelled like hot vomit.

Last edited by NutDriver; 09-22-2014 at 08:15 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-22-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Another GREAT race.

I just wnt to thank Myron, Robert, and ALL the people at Thunder RC Raceway for another FANTASTIC event. The quality of racers was good and everything went off without a hitch. I'll be there next year and I hope to see a lot of the racers next month at the HALLOWEEN CLASSIC AT THE GATE! Thanks again!!!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

I didn't say anything because I thought it was you...

Just kidding, nice meeting you.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I had a great time this weekend. The racing was close and everything ran as smooth as could be. The entire Thunder crew did an outstanding job putting on this event, I can't wait to for next year.

Also, thanks for adding the F1 class this year. Hopefully it will be back next year with more entries and I won't have to loan out 2 chassis.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Gary,
It WAS me! I'm just trying to divert attention. Shhh.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks to the folks from IndyRC for letting me t with them.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

First, let me thank Myron, Dirla, and all the people and sponsors who make the Southern Nationals possible!

This was my first large RC racing event ( I just started running RC cars this year after decades of racing full scale sports cars), and it was fantastic. I was blown away by the efficiency of the organizers running the event. The level of competition was amazing. The camaraderie of the competitors off the track was impressive.

However, I will say that I was disappointed in the lack of sportsmanship shown by drivers ON the track. More times that I'd like to count I was rudely rooted out of the way during the qualifiers, without even being given a chance to move over. I'm talking about driving straight through the back of my car, not a flying t-bone or such.

Did those offending drivers ever stop and show courtesy? No. Not once. Didn't even get a 'sorry' on the driver stand. They just kept on going on their merry way. I understand that the idea is to complete as many laps as the time allows, but not at the expense of the other racers' qualifying .

When I started racing this year, I was told the unwritten rules of RC racing etiquette. One of those is if you tangle with another car during a race, you stopped and waited for the other guy's car to be righted and then you resumed. Maybe since this is a big race and you won't see the other guys next week, these drivers don't feel the need to be as courteous. Who knows.

The guys who do this know who you are, and I hope you that you are happy with yourself. It's actually kind of sad and I feel sorry for you, if this is how you feel you need to race. Not the way to win friends and influence people.

OK, rant over.

I'll definitely be back. The racing is just too good!

Mark C.

USGT "D-main" winner 2014 Southern Nats
Sportsman USVTA B-main Also-ran...

PS...And don't even get me started about the guys who wrecked me trying to win PRACTICE.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

As always, I had a great time at this year's USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS at Thunder RC. Myron you did a great job organizing this event and still managed to get a few laps in with the rest of us. Dirla, Brad and the rest of the crew you guy run a top notch facility that is always great to come to and a challenge for all. I'm all ready looking forward to next year because I know this event is going to be even bigger and better. Speaking of big, 169 entries is a lot but you did a awesome job managing the event. Thanks EA for the seat arrangements for me and the rest of the Georgia guys and for putting us next our friends from Alabama.

Thank you to all that came out and competed at this event. All the mains were awesome but the A-mains were epic and give me something to strive for next year.

ITS ALWAYS GREAT TO SEE EVERYONE

FORMULA 1 AT THUNDER RC ? that's right it did happen and it looked good. A lot of people enjoyed watching and may already picking up their F1 cars for next year.

NEXT TIME YOU SEE THESE COLORS, I will be driving way better than I did this year. The will look better to.......LOL

ITS ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE AND THE PASSION FOR RACING.

THE FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER, STAYS TOGETHER. Team mom of the year award should go to Jennifer Morgan, who stood trackside every time her sons took to the driver stand. She was also way more nervous then they were every heat, like a mom should be. She and Dale made sure that their sons could just focus on driving and really having fun and it showed in the results with Issac winning the 17.5 TC B-Main and Lil Brother Rett taking 3rd in Junior VTA.

YO ROSSI, I NEED ONE OF THESE!!!! A back lit pit board looks so dialed.......

THIS GUY JUST HAS TO MUCH SKILL....... Dirla is so good, he has to find other things to do on the Drivers stand just to contain his ridiculous level of awesomeness........ lol

Pic was taken by Grant Remington.

If you did not make it out to this event this year you better mark it on your 2015 calender because it's going to be even bigger and better. Plus if dont come most of us will think you're LAME and talk about you behind your back........LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.