Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GQ Carpet Foams...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Me and the durometer don't think Magenta has way too much grip. Maybe in comparison to Grey. Tan has way more grip and a faster tire. I don't run stock foam so can't say what's good for stock. For 19T on medium bite technical track, Magenta is fast, Tan is faster. For mod on the same track, I run Tan only with a 7T or 8T.

Vince,

I ran exclusively dbl pink/pink Jaco last winter. The GQ pinks essentially has the same grip, wear and speed. Tans can pull just as fast lap times but the tires will fade at the end. GQ pinks is a consistent throughout 8 minutes.

Dom
Old 11-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Me and the durometer don't think Magenta has way too much grip. Maybe in comparison to Grey. Tan has way more grip and a faster tire. I don't run stock foam so can't say what's good for stock. For 19T on medium bite technical track, Magenta is fast, Tan is faster. For mod on the same track, I run Tan only with a 7T or 8T.

Vince,

I ran exclusively dbl pink/pink Jaco last winter. The GQ pinks essentially has the same grip, wear and speed. Tans can pull just as fast lap times but the tires will fade at the end. GQ pinks is a consistent throughout 8 minutes.

Dom
so i can either run tan front and rear or pinks front and rear?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vince
what should i use for front tires in 1/12?
Pink front and pink rear will ressemble Jaco dbl pink/pink.

Dom
Old 11-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Pink front and pink rear will ressemble Jaco dbl pink/pink.

Dom
thanks for the help
Old 11-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Vince,

Dom
IT WOULD SEEM THAT OUR TESTING HAS SHOWN DIFFERENT RESULTS. A FEW OF US OUT HERE DIDN'T LIKE TO TOO STUCK FEELING THAT THE MAGENTA'S GAVE. MAYBE NOW THAT I HAVE COMPLETELY CHANGED MY SET UP I'LL THROW THE MAGENTA'S ON ONE MORE TIME.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Actually, I think I'm getting the understanding when you say it's too stuck. The magenta isn't necessary a tire that is too soft, too much grip, per se. It actually has lesser grip, your car slides ever so slightly in the corners and scrubs speed off. That little sliding is so minimal, it might not be noticeable with the naked eye. But when I do A-B testing with Tan and Magenta, I can tell there is speed scrub off in the corners so you can't "carve" the corners as hard as Tan can. Therefore the car "slows" down in the corners, hence the impression of car too stuck and won't move forward anymore than Tan. Tan holds lateral load much better than magenta, can translate to much more forward traction in the corners.

Dom
Old 11-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Actually, I think I'm getting the understanding when you say it's too stuck. The magenta isn't necessary a tire that is too soft, too much grip, per se. It actually has lesser grip, your car slides ever so slightly in the corners and scrubs speed off. That little sliding is so minimal, it might not be noticeable with the naked eye. But when I do A-B testing with Tan and Magenta, I can tell there is speed scrub off in the corners so you can't "carve" the corners as hard as Tan can. Therefore the car "slows" down in the corners, hence the impression of car too stuck and won't move forward anymore than Tan. Tan holds lateral load much better than magenta, can translate to much more forward traction in the corners.

Dom
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THE CAR IS DOING WITH THESE TIRE'S. I DID CHANGE MY SET UP SO I WILL TRY THEM OUT AGAIN. THE FOAM RATINGS ARE SLIGHTLY OFF WHEN YOU CHECK THEM AGAINST A DUROMETER BUT WE MEASURED EVERYTHING ON THE MARKET AND THE BLACK/GREYS SEEM TO BE AS CLOSE TO THE JACO DOUBLE PINK/ORANGE NO MATTER WHAT I'LL TEST EVERYTHING AND REPORT WHAT WORKS FOR US OUT THIS WAY....ESPECIALLY SINCE THE NATS ARE AT OUR TRACK. THANKS FOR THE FEED BACK ON YOUR TESTING.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What size are these tires prior to truing them? Been running Black/Grey Grey for 2 weeks with good success. Havent trued them yet.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Killa G
What size are these tires prior to truing them? Been running Black/Grey Grey for 2 weeks with good success. Havent trued them yet.
You have not trued them!?!?!?! I can't imagine running tires THAT big!

Brand new tires are 65mm.... club race I start them at 58mm.... smaller if I run them for a 2-day race.

Dom
Old 11-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hay Tige , just to let you know , I ordered a set of blk/gray and blacks on thursday nite received them Monday . Wow talking about fast shipping ! I'm going to try them a run or two this weekin , blk/gray feels ok but black feels a little harder then I like .How much will the paragon or any of the other sauce soften them ?
Thanks
tom

Last edited by KAHUNA; 11-30-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was running inner 1/3 to 1/4 on the fronts and full rears at Horsham and they were real nice...
Old 12-01-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

THANK YOU !!!! Tige !
Old 12-01-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by KAHUNA
Hay Tige , just to let you know , I ordered a set of blk/gray and blacks on thursday nite received them Monday . Wow talking about fast shipping ! I'm going to try them a run or two this weekin , blk/gray feels ok but black feels a little harder then I like .How much will the paragon or any of the other sauce soften them ?
Thanks
tom
The black does feel sort of hard but it's still softer than the Red compound. The black greys feel really good on the track we run on. The only down fall is that we can't use pargon so I don't know if you guys get more bite than us or vice versa. All we can use is TQ orange.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

OK STLNLST, We have one track around here that you can't use paragon,
I'm going to try red dot this Sat. at that track . If that don't work we'll buy the TQ ! What is the next one softer then black ?
Thank's
tom
Old 12-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey Dom, If I true the rears to 58mm, what should the fronts be cut to? Is there a certain split that I should go for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.