R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-05-2005, 05:45 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Hey Guys: New to the forum but have been sold on GQ's... Timezone Racing is a dealer for GQ R/C Products. We along with Dom will be runing and testing new compounds this weekend. We'll let ya know what we find.
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:49 AM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916
Hey Guys: New to the forum but have been sold on GQ's... Timezone Racing is a dealer for GQ R/C Products. We along with Dom will be runing and testing new compounds this weekend. We'll let ya know what we find.
This is truly good news for everyone! TZ guys are hardcore, they have their own Euro style permanent facility in the backyard, the only one in PNW! They also travel around the world to race! Definitely a great team to be on board running GQ products!

Dom
Old 11-05-2005, 07:34 PM   #78
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to jt6 Send a message via AIM to jt6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayWarner
Hello all!! I have been running the Black/Grey and Grey combo for about three weeks. All on the same set of tires. I first trued them down to 58mm. I clean and rotate after each run and check for wear. I practiced last night and I am pround to tell you that after 9 heats, 3 mains and 9 hrs of practice time the tires are at 55mm. That awesome wear!!! No maybe it's the car setup or maybe it's me but now that they are 55mm I'm going to just hammer on these things and see what happens after Sun. races. Will report my findings soon. The new compounds should be out sometime next week. Please watch the web site for the change. Best regards, Ray
Was this in Stock? Just curious cause I tried the Red\Magenta and Magenta with Stock today and they just seemed to have way too much grip as the day went on, although I did get really good wear. Maybe these would be better with 19 turn?
Old 11-05-2005, 08:15 PM   #79
Tech Master

Talking

help Im alway looking for something new for my car,now its tires.I run tc3 mod (starting stock sunday) TRC,PARMA carpet and would like to try the GQ foam 28mm plaid and the purple what would that be in the GQ foam. thanks, R Or should I use the # would they be the same?
newera152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:11 PM   #80
Tech Addict

Try the red/tan and tan tires.They work the best out of all the GQ tires on carpet by far.
MIP Racing
BN Racing
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:13 PM   #81
Tech Elite

I would run Black/Grey and Grey for medium bite for stock foam, Magenta and Tan might be just too soft.

On another note...

Did my Red/Tan, Tan run today. Honestly, it really has a lot of grip, more then Red/Magenta, car is stuck quite a bit more, but I was able to change the setup a bit to TQ, track record and win in 19T today. 6 runs and I wore off .45mm.

Dom
Old 11-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #82
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to RayWarner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt6
Was this in Stock? Just curious cause I tried the Red\Magenta and Magenta with Stock today and they just seemed to have way too much grip as the day went on, although I did get really good wear. Maybe these would be better with 19 turn?

I was running Black/Grey and Grey combo. It worked ok but the Red/Tan and Red combo should be the best bet for most stk/19t racing. I ran Red/Magenta and magenta tonite with med/high traction and the car was way glued to the track. Started @ 57mm and had to harden everything just to get the car easy to drive. I think the Red/Mag and Mag combo would work great w/ mod on med/high grip tracks or great for stk/19t while the track is still green. Ray
RayWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #83
Tech Master

Thumbs up foam

I'll try both combos to see how they work ,which to put in front and what in the back.
Thanks,newera152
newera152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #84
Tech Elite

Really depending on your track, moisture, temp and how many foam cars running, I would strongly suggest getting Magenta and Tan to try it out, it's hard to listen to us about what compound to use when we run on different track, temp, barometer... Just get 2 different sets and do A-B testing with the same setup.

There is one thing for sure, Tan is more consistent then Magenta, Magenta seems to go away with about 40 secs left to go, Tan held up through the entire 5 minute. The beginning of Magenta run has gobs of grip until your compound settles and our mechanical grip takes over. Tan doesn't have that initial extreme grip because of your sauce and stays consistent throughout 5 min.

This is also interesting because when I tested Tan 1/12th tires, they pull some serious fast lap times, but about a minute to go, they faded and started to slow down.

Dom
Old 11-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by newera152
I'll try both combos to see how they work ,which to put in front and what in the back.
Thanks,newera152
The dual compound tire (Red/Magenta), (Red/Tan) goes on the front. Single compound, Magenta or Tan goes in the back.

Once again, Timezone Racing has them. I raced with them today, they have quite a bit!

Dom
Old 11-09-2005, 08:56 PM   #86
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

Quick little note about the micro foam tires...We ran them at a big race in Southern New Jersey, everyone could had the rears really hooking up, but the fronts had too much grip for the track which was causing traction rolls...I was running them again this past weekend at Horsham RC and found CA'ing the sidewall and the outer 1mm of the tire surface got rid of the traction roll and induced some push in the car
Old 11-10-2005, 02:10 PM   #87
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

GQ red/tan fronts and tan rears were right on pace with the jaco 2 stage foams last night. The lap times were the same. Maybe the 2 stage work better in extrememly high bite situations but they were just regular ole foams lastnight at the same track that the carpet nats are being held.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:24 PM   #88
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigeRyan
Quick little note about the micro foam tires...We ran them at a big race in Southern New Jersey, everyone could had the rears really hooking up, but the fronts had too much grip for the track which was causing traction rolls...I was running them again this past weekend at Horsham RC and found CA'ing the sidewall and the outer 1mm of the tire surface got rid of the traction roll and induced some push in the car
You got a pm
no indoor tracks out here & i am missing it big time
here is another combo for low traction tracks
purple front magenta rear no ca glue test first I traction rolled after I
glued them
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:39 PM   #89
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

litespeed...

How has your 1/12th racing gone with the GQ tires...just wondering if you ran the hardblack/grey fronts and tan rears. Those would seem the most comparable to the Purple and Grey combo's that most run in other brands.

http://www.competition-rc.com/GQ.php

Last I checked GQ is stepping up it's efforts in 2006 and will be sponsoring some of the major races in the U.S. and abroad.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:49 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Anthony, actually haven't done any 1/12th racing this season yet. Has been concentrating on sedan foam and trying to stay at the front of the pack this season thus far.

Traditionally, Purple/Grey was what we ran until last winter when dbl pink/pink completely took over. So I'm thinking the Black/Grey fronts might push a little here. If everything go as planned, I'll be running 1/12th soon.... so stay tuned.

On another note, in 19T. Red/Tan and Tan abled me to take TQ, track record and win Saturday the previous week and TQ and win on Tuesday a week ago, then Red/ Magenta and Magenta which I would consider not as fast as Tan took TQ, win and track record by over a lap this past Saturday. Unfortunately, the track record was broken last night by another more experienced driver running Jaco's. There were a few local racers quickly became GQ customers because of its performance!

Dom