Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What lipo do I use in this car? Regular size stick packs with bullet connectors, right? I dont want a shorty pack correct?
Old 09-30-2015, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
What lipo do I use in this car? Regular size stick packs with bullet connectors, right? I dont want a shorty pack correct?
Yes, full size packs with bullets would be the best option.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Next question. I was about to order the RSD fan mount and the R1Wurkz fan. Fan says its 8.4v. Can I just plug that right into my futaba Rx? it says it can be wired directly to 2s lipo. But I would prefer to put it right to the Rx I think. How would you even wire it to the lipo?

where can I order a battery holddown that is in the states? I found the xray graphite hoddown which is like $45 but I also saw a couple Velcro strap type systems but didn't find them on a site that was in the US. A-Plus and CSO I think were the brands. Tape just seems like it would be a pain after awhile? Maybe??
This looks like it would be an easy way to secure the battery... anyone used it? But it says for 2014. is the 2014 holes for the battery stops different than the 2015?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/XRAY-T4-2014...item58be0b5cd9
Old 09-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Next question. I was about to order the RSD fan mount and the R1Wurkz fan. Fan says its 8.4v. Can I just plug that right into my futaba Rx? it says it can be wired directly to 2s lipo. But I would prefer to put it right to the Rx I think. How would you even wire it to the lipo?
You can plug it into the receiver yes, but you can also wire it to the positive and negative poles on your ESC, that's what many do, it makes the fan push quite a bit more air.

where can I order a battery holddown that is in the states? I found the xray graphite hoddown which is like $45 but I also saw a couple Velcro strap type systems but didn't find them on a site that was in the US. A-Plus and CSO I think were the brands. Tape just seems like it would be a pain after awhile? Maybe??
Reflex also sells a battery hold down solution that is similar to the Awesomatix battery tabs, it works well. I personally just prefer to use tape, the best tape I've used is the Hudy tape...works perfect, replace it once a day and never worry.

This looks like it would be an easy way to secure the battery... anyone used it? But it says for 2014. is the 2014 holes for the battery stops different than the 2015?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/XRAY-T4-2014...item58be0b5cd9
I've not seen that system before, and would probably work, but one of the important things to remember is to not strap the battery too tight to the chassis, it can create flex and stress in the chassis, reducing performance. Depending on how tight the o-ring is it could be detrimental.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally Posted by erchn
You can plug it into the receiver yes, but you can also wire it to the positive and negative poles on your ESC, that's what many do, it makes the fan push quite a bit more air.

Reflex also sells a battery hold down solution that is similar to the Awesomatix battery tabs, it works well. I personally just prefer to use tape, the best tape I've used is the Hudy tape...works perfect, replace it once a day and never worry.

I've not seen that system before, and would probably work, but one of the important things to remember is to not strap the battery too tight to the chassis, it can create flex and stress in the chassis, reducing performance. Depending on how tight the o-ring is it could be detrimental.
Thanks for the responses....
Old 09-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Ok guys I'm back with more questions about the issue Inposted with the bent top deck and gap between the lay shaft holder. After looking at this more I understand now I think. You are saying to use shims between the deck and bulkhead so the deck doesn't bend when screwed down... and there should be a gap between the deck and layshaft holder so it can flex more? Right? As if I want to use the lay screws I have to shim between the deck and lay shaft holder. I found some shims from RSD but I think they are for the lay shaft holder. Are there shims I can buy for shimming between the deck and bulkheads? The holes are so close together I can't use washers or anything because they interfere with each other.
These are a couple pics if where I need to shim so the deck is flat
Attached Thumbnails Xray t4'15-image.jpg  
Old 09-30-2015, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

And also shim under the front bulk.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

And leave this gap alone... Unless I want to run lay shaft screws then I shim that too. But I would have to go back to the stock deck because this deck doesn't even have holes for those screws as you can see
Running no lay shaft screws would be for low traction tracks like asphalt and I would want to run them when it's high bite like on carpet?
Old 09-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

And leave this gap alone... Unless I want to run lay shaft screws then I shim that too. But I would have to go back to the stock deck because this deck doesn't even have holes for those screws as you can see
Running no lay shaft screws would be for low traction tracks like asphalt and I would want to run them when it's high bite like on carpet?
I think you are getting the idea now. I ordered my shims from here:
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...asp?p_id=10205
Old 10-01-2015, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
thought they would do some updated steering to be a full float steering..
Be thankful they didn't.
Perhaps it will be an option
Old 10-01-2015, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Has anyone in the states ordered from A+ Rc Products in Hong Kong? I was going to order this but I don't know about ordering from overseas
http://www.a-plusrc.us/t4-aluminum-7...battery-mount/
Old 10-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I don't like the Velcro style battery hold downs for TC. Stick with tape or one of the better hold downs like the RSD version.

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-Batt...AY_p_1343.html
Old 10-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Lol, I was just looking at the RSD mount (I just came across it when looking for a fan mount)... I was wondering, there is a gap between the tabs and the battery. Won't the battery shift or bounce?
Old 10-01-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Lol, I was just looking at the RSD mount (I just came across it when looking for a fan mount)... I was wondering, there is a gap between the tabs and the battery. Won't the battery shift or bounce?
You want the battery to allow the chassis to flex under it so this is a good thing.

That said...get this tape and be done. It's the easiest thing and it's what the fast guys do because it's the best option.

http://www.reflexracing.net/Hudy-Fib...ck_p_2224.html
Old 10-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Not sure if you have seen this:

http://www.n1cholaslee.com/#!INSIDE-...f25fa7fe202309

Sharing is caring

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.