Search
Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
They are awesome...both of my cars have the full sets! They are super smooth, lightweight, and look awesome. Highly recommended!
Pardon my ignorance, but what's the advantage? I have a lot of lead on both of my Xrays to meet minimum weight and I've never bent any of the stock ball studs. So what am I missing out on?
Old 01-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by metalnut
Pardon my ignorance, but what's the advantage? I have a lot of lead on both of my Xrays to meet minimum weight and I've never bent any of the stock ball studs. So what am I missing out on?
The advantage could be to put the additional weight lower so you get even lower center of gravity. The ball studs are obviously positioned up higher. Plus more inward on the chassis.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
If you run an aluminum chassis you will probably need some weight savings based on your electronics. Plus they are super smooth and fit the Xray ball cups even better than the stock ball studs...plus they look super baller on your car!
Old 01-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default poor quality control

I'm in the process of building my t4 '15, and my kit is missing one of the steel steering bushings, and also 2 of the set screws were not machined properly. They don't have threads cut correctly. I saw that other people were having some quality control issues with their kits, so I wanted to pass along my issues. I have contacted the distributor to see if they will send replacement parts. It's a little frustrating for a $500+ kit.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpidarX
I'm in the process of building my t4 '15, and my kit is missing one of the steel steering bushings, and also 2 of the set screws were not machined properly. They don't have threads cut correctly. I saw that other people were having some quality control issues with their kits, so I wanted to pass along my issues. I have contacted the distributor to see if they will send replacement parts. It's a little frustrating for a $500+ kit.
I have some bushings and set screws if you need them to race this weekend. PM me and we can meet up if you need something..
Old 01-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SpidarX
i am a xray fan since i bought the fist t2 and i have an t4,14 but the xray succes is being seen in the qualty control of their kits.. i think i will say something to them, in my t4 14 the quality of the screws was very bad, and i send a mail to told them
Old 01-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
They are awesome...both of my cars have the full sets! They are super smooth, lightweight, and look awesome. Highly recommended!
+1
Old 01-06-2015, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Is anyone running the RSD DCJs in their T4 2015? I bought two sets for my cars which built up really well (I have run them in previous cars and the quality has always been great).

But when I put them in my cars and turned the front wheels by hand there was noticeable movement with the driveshafts moving up and down in the plastic spool outdrives...is this normal/expected as I am worried that it could cause excess wear and possibly damage the outdrives? I did not run them just in case.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:47 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hiro Seiko screw kits are back in stock just in case anyone is looking.

EA
Old 01-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ARENA 64 Titanium 4.9mm Ball End
Attached Thumbnails Xray t4'15-ar-302653-t.jpg   Xray t4'15-ar-302654-t.jpg  
Old 01-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
Is anyone running the RSD DCJs in their T4 2015? I bought two sets for my cars which built up really well (I have run them in previous cars and the quality has always been great).

But when I put them in my cars and turned the front wheels by hand there was noticeable movement with the driveshafts moving up and down in the plastic spool outdrives...is this normal/expected as I am worried that it could cause excess wear and possibly damage the outdrives? I did not run them just in case.
I've run the RSD DCJs in both my T4 '14 (almost 1 year) and T4 '15 (~2 months) cars racing 13.5/17.5. Never noticed any excessive wear in the composite spool outdrives. They do develop normal wear and tear on the DCJ internals after 6 months but that should be expected.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey All, awaiting finances to settle after Xmas before ordered a T4'15 so doing a little research on which must have items I should order at the same time?

Thank you in advance,
m.Ellis
Old 01-07-2015, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

following the xray discussions closely as at the moment I have both a T4'14 and a BD7 that I just finished building and I'll have to decide shortly which brand I stick to... But I'm not surprised to read about QA issues as I faced a few while building my t4 a year ago (missing parts in kits, some threads stripped right out of the box, some balljoints binding, blah blah blah)... and as I just finished building the Yokie, I can tell you right away that xray doesn't have the "luxury" top-spot any more... the quality on the BD7 '15 is just mindblowing and puts xray back a couple of notches.

just sayin'...

Paul

PS: Have built a few xrays over the past few years... FK05... T3... XB4... T4 '14...
Old 01-07-2015, 02:19 AM
Tech Master

Just to balance the opinions, my T4'15 is the best TC I've built to date. No missing or incorrect parts, and everything drops together perfectly. Xray still have the best gear-diff and shocks; all super-smooth out of the box with no aftermarket parts. And unlike other brands the diff won't leak when you actually use it

I thought the ballraced rollbars were a bit overkill when I first saw them, but now I've built them I can see why Xray went this way. No more fiddling with grubscrews to get the correct play when you change a roll bar. And the mountings are so accurate there was no adjustment needed when I came to detweak the bars.

The new motor mount is also a big improvement. If you run the centre post it was always difficult on the '14 to build the car without tweak. On the '15 its easy and the car was tweak-free without any work.

Haven't tried the ARS yet so can't comment on that, but its another nice option to have.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:20 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
Hey All, awaiting finances to settle after Xmas before ordered a T4'15 so doing a little research on which must have items I should order at the same time?

Thank you in advance,
m.Ellis

Hi Ellis,

There isn't much that is required in addition to the car aside from ECS' and maybe some tuning parts. Some prefer the feel of 50mm (Part No. 305331) although they could potentially break the spool cups quicker than the 52mm ECS, so some go with 52mm (Part No. 305330) for a little more durability as far as the spool cups are concerned.

I would also suggest looking into the following tuning parts so you can adjust your setup for your track:

Part No. - Description
302803 - 1.3mm Front Anti-Roll bar
303802 - 1.2mm Rear Anti-Roll bar
303804 - 1.4mm Rear Anti-Roll bar
308274 - 2.3 Linear spring (pair of 2)
308276 - 2.7 Linear spring (pair of 2)
308286 - 2.6 Linear spring (pair of 2)

Xray has a bunch of other nice tuning parts available, but these are the basics that I think you'll want to start out with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.