R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 3
Default Resurrecting my HPI Pro 4

Good Morning All from not so sunny Western Australia.

Long time lurker but first time poster.

Many moons ago I purchased a HPI Pro 4 (kit #185) with the intent of racing at my local track. But once I saw the calibre of people racing there I quickly chickened out and the 1/3 built Pro 4 went back into the cupboard.

That was 10 years ago and I have been feeling guilty ever since. Now older and a little more experienced I want to resurrect it but after doing a quick parts check I have realised that I am missing

#75105 the driveshaft, and
#75141, the rear differential (well most of the bits anyway).

Obviously Tower Hobbies no longer supports spares for the Pro 4 and neither do my usual hobby shops / websites.

I was therefore wondering whether anyone knew where I could buy / trade these parts as it is too nice a car to throw away.

Many thanks.
ThunderDownUnde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderDownUnde View Post
Good Morning All from not so sunny Western Australia.

Long time lurker but first time poster.

Many moons ago I purchased a HPI Pro 4 (kit #185) with the intent of racing at my local track. But once I saw the calibre of people racing there I quickly chickened out and the 1/3 built Pro 4 went back into the cupboard.

That was 10 years ago and I have been feeling guilty ever since. Now older and a little more experienced I want to resurrect it but after doing a quick parts check I have realised that I am missing

#75105 the driveshaft, and
#75141, the rear differential (well most of the bits anyway).

Obviously Tower Hobbies no longer supports spares for the Pro 4 and neither do my usual hobby shops / websites.

I was therefore wondering whether anyone knew where I could buy / trade these parts as it is too nice a car to throw away.

Many thanks.
Ebay and the rctech for sale section is your best bet. Ive been hunting for the drive shaft for about a year and still no luck.
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderDownUnde View Post
Good Morning All from not so sunny Western Australia.

Long time lurker but first time poster.

Many moons ago I purchased a HPI Pro 4 (kit #185) with the intent of racing at my local track. But once I saw the calibre of people racing there I quickly chickened out and the 1/3 built Pro 4 went back into the cupboard.

That was 10 years ago and I have been feeling guilty ever since. Now older and a little more experienced I want to resurrect it but after doing a quick parts check I have realised that I am missing

#75105 the driveshaft, and
#75141, the rear differential (well most of the bits anyway).

Obviously Tower Hobbies no longer supports spares for the Pro 4 and neither do my usual hobby shops / websites.

I was therefore wondering whether anyone knew where I could buy / trade these parts as it is too nice a car to throw away.

Many thanks.
Google is your friend.

http://www.amazon.com/75105-Aluminum.../dp/B000BLGUFM

http://www.amazon.com/75141-Ball-Dif.../dp/B000BLNYMY
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #4
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 3
Default

Thank you goots and JimmyMac,

I tried eBay Australia and International but with little luck or collectors expecting me to sell a kidney to fund the purchase of the parts.

JimmyMac, I would have never thought of Amazon, what DON'T they sell? I think the list will be rather small. Now lets see whether they ship Down Under.
ThunderDownUnde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

No prob, you can also try and email RC Champ Advisor in Japan. I tried some HK places, but no go. There is another part number for the carbon drive shaft for the Pro4. I forgot what that was, but I ran them in my Yokomo SD back in the day. Let us know how it goes. There may be a few other options I'm not thinking of at the moment.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:59 PM   #6
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
No prob, you can also try and email RC Champ Advisor in Japan. I tried some HK places, but no go. There is another part number for the carbon drive shaft for the Pro4. I forgot what that was, but I ran them in my Yokomo SD back in the day. Let us know how it goes. There may be a few other options I'm not thinking of at the moment.
All good my friend, driveshaft and differential ordered. Free freight on one and $6 freight on the other. Sometimes it is nice living in Australia as freight from Asia is usually a lot cheaper than from the USA c/- FEDEX or UPS.

Might have to start a build thread so we can see the resurrection of a car that was once highly thought of.

It's actually a build for my partner who has shown an interest in my hobby (Bless her and Yes I know, she's a keeper )
ThunderDownUnde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Awesome. Let us know how it goes!
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: BACK ROOM @FANTASYWORLD
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderDownUnde View Post
All good my friend, driveshaft and differential ordered. Free freight on one and $6 freight on the other. Sometimes it is nice living in Australia as freight from Asia is usually a lot cheaper than from the USA c/- FEDEX or UPS.

Might have to start a build thread so we can see the resurrection of a car that was once highly thought of.

It's actually a build for my partner who has shown an interest in my hobby (Bless her and Yes I know, she's a keeper )
I got one when they first came out it was the best car i had ever had, till xray came alone. Good luck.
mike
THE WIGGLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #9
Tech Regular
 
Jiggawatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ArIzOnA
Posts: 411
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Loving mine!
Attached Thumbnails
Resurrecting my HPI Pro 4-image.jpg  
__________________
F A T A L . D E S I G N S
Jiggawatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:54 PM   #10
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggawatt View Post
Loving mine!
what surface you race on? care to post a setup?

gonna give mines a shot at our local championship this weekend just too see how it compares when everyone brings their A game! if not ive got my TCXX just in case
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #11
Tech Regular
 
Jiggawatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ArIzOnA
Posts: 411
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I run a 17.5 on asphalt.

So far what I ended up with was:
#2 on the front and rear towers
out on the front arms
middle hole on the rear arms

0 degree front toe block. I have not tried the 1.5
3 degree rear toe block
I have a slight kickup in the rear

35 weight all around
Front hpi pink
Rear blue Tamiya. (I liked a slightly harder rear spring)

Not sure what diameter sway on the front it is but its the thin one. No sway bar on the rear

Chassis tweak modification
__________________
F A T A L . D E S I G N S
Jiggawatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #12
Tech Elite
 
IIGQ4U's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: La Jolla, CA SoCal
Posts: 2,489
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

The Reedy 13.5 B Main winner ran a Pro4 and it was really good.
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:45 AM   #13
Tech Master
 
azenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 1,478
Default

I used to race these, they are great. Got one for sale if you are interested, with lots of hop-ups.
azenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 792
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Did you post that in the FS section? Have you some details/pictures?0I could be quite interested...

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread dude...
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #15
Tech Master
 
azenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 1,478
Default

Not posted it in FS yet. I only came back to this site last night after about 8 or 9 years away...
It has all the springs, lots of aluminium upgrades and so on. A BMI 3mm chassis kit too (for carpet) diff in the front as well as one way etc.
I can get some more photos tonight, but in the mean time here is a cruddy phone photo I took the other night.
__________________
Nige
===========================================================
X-Ray T4 '14 | 3Racing Sakura D3 CS | Durango DEX410v4 | HPI Blitz | Tamiya WR-02 VW Bus
azenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:44 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net