R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default TC6 that won't track straight under power...need help

I have a TC6 with the 6.1 beveled gear rear diff and the spool up front. It was recently set up on a board and drives straight, but as soon as I give it some throttle it tracks to the right. I am thinking that it's the diff because it can't possibly be the spool ...can it?.... As you could probably tell I could really use some opinions on this
Hyper 9e RX8 T8 -Sabre X3GT MGM x2 400 Compro LMT 2280 -DM-1 CCXL2 LMT 2230 w/custom water cooling system -FG Sportsline 2wd 29.5 OBR Stroker, ported, polished, piped. Drive it like you spent a lot of money on it. Just don't care about the money.
Keven3707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

bump
Hyper 9e RX8 T8 -Sabre X3GT MGM x2 400 Compro LMT 2280 -DM-1 CCXL2 LMT 2230 w/custom water cooling system -FG Sportsline 2wd 29.5 OBR Stroker, ported, polished, piped. Drive it like you spent a lot of money on it. Just don't care about the money.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Is ther any excess friction on one side of the car, so say like in a diff out drive a but tight in The case or a bearing a little gritty?
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
Is ther any excess friction on one side of the car, so say like in a diff out drive a but tight in The case or a bearing a little gritty?
not that I have noticed but I will look into it. Thanks for the idea
Old 06-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Check your shocks and make sure they're all in the same position.
Check:
Driveshafts one could be broken.
Wheels, make sure they're not rubbing anything especially your rod ends
I would pick the car off the ground and roll the main belt with my hands and listen for any rubbing.
Diff position is equal on both sides.
b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
Tech Elite

I would say you have unequal play in the steering or the rear suspension components (hinge pins inner and outer) hence different toe in left to right when on power. Put it on a setup station, pull the wheels by hand and have a read.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:02 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Have you had the TC6 running straight and since adding the spool and gear diff it has started pulling to the right or have you just bought a TC6.1 that came with the spool and gear diff.
If it's never run straight, try disconnecting the shocks and swaybar and make sure all the arms are free with no binding. I know with my original TC6 I had the same problem and needed to ream just a tiny bit from one of the rear arms. After that is was fine.
While you're at it make sure all of the ball cups are free on the studs and that there are no seized bearings.

If it's a TC6 (not TC6.1) that has been running straight but after adding the spool and gear diff pulls to the side, I would try going back to the slipper spool and ball diff, one at a time to see if the problem disappears with taking out either piece.
mackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:40 AM   #8
Tech Rookie

thanks for all of the ideas. The car was running perfectly true up until about a week ago. There was no crashes the steering is setup perfectly, so is the toe, ride height, shock/droop adjustments, caster and camber are proper, shocks mounted in proper positions and I know it isn't a body rub issue as I have tried some different shells and haven't left any of tire marks on the inside of the shell at all. I think am just going to pull it apart when I have some time, clean it up and see what's what. But I am pretty sure that it is a drag issue. Like a bearing has ceased up or something. I will figure it out.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:12 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Or maybe you pinched the bearings when doing up the wheels. Undo the wheel nuts a bit and try again. You need patience with these things, and methodically testing things, we can only go by what you tell us.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:36 AM   #10
Tech Regular

Maybe a worn out servo horn?

Or it might be the case your servo itself is loose, so it will be able to move.

www.machheemstede.nl
..................................Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Gkh2xZcQU
Modified 4 life
Govert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:39 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Check out this thread as well:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-straight.html

www.machheemstede.nl
..................................Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Gkh2xZcQU
Modified 4 life
Govert is offline   Reply With Quote