Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST >

2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HB Moose
A few questions on the concourse rules as the grand prize this year is worth more than just bragging rights.

Are only drivers running in Spec GT eligible?

Spec GT bodies only? Last year we had a few other nice bodies on display but they weren’t on the approved list.

Must the car & body be able to pass tech in its display setup? Last year some cars had display tires and wheels.

What, if any, are the requirements for a winning body being raced? Does it need to be run in qualifying, the mains or not at all?

If it does need to be raced, does it have to have all the “accessories” from the display installed? (I know my car will be seriously overweight but that's ok if I’ve already won a Ferrari)
I can only answer this question at this time because I don't know the answers to your other one. Yes, you must be entered into the class to win concourse.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by stikman
so what is that equate to in AWG?
do we have any tolerance allowance?
AWG, hmm...not sure but I am guessing...I better stop.

It is a go or no go gauge.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Crashby
Will the new Protoform Strakka-12 body be legal for IIC?
I asked Scotty, via text, yesterday about your question and asked him to chime in. If I had to guess, he forgot his password. I am going to say yes if you are racing modified 1/12th.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
I asked Scotty, via text, yesterday about your question and asked him to chime in. If I had to guess, he forgot his password. I am going to say yes if you are racing modified 1/12th.
The rules just say "12th scale" it doesnt say there is a list for any class other than Spec GT class. I know in the past there have been bodies ran that were only available over seas at the IIC.

EA
Old 10-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The rules just say "12th scale" it doesnt say there is a list for any class other than Spec GT class. I know in the past there have been bodies ran that were only available over seas at the IIC.

EA
+1
Never has been a list of approved 1/12 bodies
Old 10-10-2014, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

so will this motor tech be available all week? what if I wanted to make a change to the motor, can I be re-checked with the equipment I currently changed?
Old 10-10-2014, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

The Strakka 1/12th body will be legal for this years event. There will be bodies for sale to those who have entered a 1/12th scale class at the event at an affordable price.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by goots
so will this motor tech be available all week? what if I wanted to make a change to the motor, can I be re-checked with the equipment I currently changed?
It will be available throughout the week during times that are still to be determined. However, we will work with you as much as we can so feel free to come up and ask us about it.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:32 AM
Team EAM

Thanks Kraig!

I teched and sealed all my motors last night when I was finishing up the Amateur class handouts. Hopefully that is OK!

EA
Old 10-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Kraig!

I teched and sealed all my motors last night when I was finishing up the Amateur class handouts. Hopefully that is OK!

EA
That doesn't seem suspicious at all...
Old 10-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Kraig!

EA
Over achiever!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by EricF
That doesn't seem suspicious at all...
I promise they are all legal!

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Over achiever!
Randy I am just trying to help the tech guys out and save them some time! Im here for them not me! LOL

In all seriousness all the Amateur class motors are torn down, inspected, measured, reassembled and sealed. So the amateur guys will not have to go through the tear down process this week. The only thing they will need to do is if they are running the same motor in the open class they will have to notify tech so they can put your number down for that class as well.

See some of you tomorrow!

EA
Old 10-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

In all seriousness all the Amateur class motors are torn down, inspected, measured, reassembled and sealed. So the amateur guys will not have to go through the tear down process this week. The only thing they will need to do is if they are running the same motor in the open class they will have to notify tech so they can put your number down for that class as well.

See some of you tomorrow!

EA
Awesome .... see ya Monday
Old 10-12-2014, 10:09 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Is the race in a different ballroom this year? I went down this morning and there was a gun show going on.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AOD
Is the race in a different ballroom this year? I went down this morning and there was a gun show going on.
Yes the track is in the first set of doors in the very first ballroom! People should be able to see in the door from the check in lobby, maybe more spectators will attend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.