Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST >

2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

After signing up for classes. Do I have to pay immediately, or can I pay for registration at a later date?
Old 06-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Oooooooh!
New bodies posted for Spec GT
Old 06-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goots
After signing up for classes. Do I have to pay immediately, or can I pay for registration at a later date?
If you can't pay immediately for all of the classes then at least pay for one so you definitely get a spot at the race. You can always add classes later if there are any openings.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate
Oooooooh!
New bodies posted for Spec GT
Yes sir.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Speed control list has been updated too for all of you blinky class racers. If you don't see yours listed post it here so I can investigate it and propose it to the final decision maker.

Approved spec motors list to come later. I just ran out of time last weekend, sorry.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Flying with RC equipment

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to attend this years event, but I have never flown with RC equipment.

Can anyone please let me know of tips for safely transporting LIPO's and any other special considerations, as well as tips for getting through security without anything being confiscated?

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IlikeF1
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to attend this years event, but I have never flown with RC equipment.

Can anyone please let me know of tips for safely transporting LIPO's and any other special considerations, as well as tips for getting through security without anything being confiscated?

Thanks!
I carry on my lipos and cars and have never had an issue. TSA will search it most of the time, but they're usually cool and more interested in the cars and racing than they are concerned about hazard issues. You don't have to carry on your cars if you don't want, it's just something I typically do. Carry on Lipos though. Everything else can be checked. If you try and check compressed fluids (motor spray, etc.) prepare to have them confiscated. 100% of the time my checked bag has been searched. Pack tight, but well organized so when they rifle through your stuff they can put it back in place easily. I zip tie the latch on the checked bag. TSA will cut it off if they need to get in there and will sometimes put a new zip tie back on for you once they're done with the search.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Just to follow on to what Sam noted above, my goal when flying is to carry on everything that would be irreplaceable (or too expensive) to replace/borrow while at the race. As such, I take radio, cars, batteries, and bodies (if I have space.) I figure that I can always borrow tools and a charger from someone else if my checked bag is lost or delayed, but all of the above items are too difficult/expensive to replace at the race.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the travel tips Lloyd and Sam!

One more question for you IIC veterans - On the final day (mains), what time do things generally wrap up? Is a 6:30pm flight on that Saturday too early?
Old 06-18-2014, 09:00 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IlikeF1
Thanks for the travel tips Lloyd and Sam!

One more question for you IIC veterans - On the final day (mains), what time do things generally wrap up? Is a 6:30pm flight on that Saturday too early?
The A mains usually wrap up around 6-6:30 so if you want to stick around to watch the best you should book your flight a little later.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Speed control list has been updated too for all of you blinky class racers. If you don't see yours listed post it here so I can investigate it and propose it to the final decision maker.

Approved spec motors list to come later. I just ran out of time last weekend, sorry.
woo hoo! thanks Kraig all my ESC are on the list...
Old 06-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

My better half has a birthday during that week . I can't justify kids missing school for the week either. Decisions decisions.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Scotty,

Wondering if anyone has brought up anything about qualifying with qual points instead of rocket round? I know the past few years, the track definitely picked up by rounds 3 and 4 making it important to have your clean runs then. I know most every carpet race is rocket while asphalt is points, but just wondering if anyone has noticed this pattern the past few years and if this would be ever considered?
Old 06-21-2014, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Spec Grand Touring just got a lot more interesting! More news to come soon!
Old 06-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by goots
All signed up and payed for. 2nd IIC for me and 2nd time racing on carpet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.