Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobao H4E

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hobao H4E

So, I'm thinking about getting a Hobao H4E, but I'm not sure what brushless combo would be best for it. I'm not worried about drifting, I just wanna go really fast on a track! I would like your opinions on a good BL combo, but I'm not really wanting to spend too much over £100. I appreciate any feedback, thanks!
Old 05-29-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Please reply! I was thinking about a Castle Creations Sidewinder SV3 with a 6900kv motor, but I wasn't sure. Although I said I wanted to go fast and not bother with drifting, but I would still like it to handle well.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:03 AM
Tech Adept

If you want to race, check out at your local track what classes are being runned and what motor and ESC the fast guys are running
Old 05-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Sadly I don't have a local track... The nearest one is two hours drive!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up H4E

Where I'm located in California, my closest serious competition track is 2hrs. and 7mins. away, all the other tracks I run are 3+hrs. These cars make it worth the drive(s) tho. As far as wanting to go "really fast!", in it self should depend on your driving abilities. The reason I say this is, the faster you go, the harder you hit things, the more parts get broken. I personally run my H4E's in the 17.5, and 13.5 touring car, and GT classes with no ESC timing or "blinky" classes. If I want my cars to go faster I just gear them down and add ESC timing (for practice only). The motors and ESC's can be, (just as examples) Reedy Mach2 mtr., LRP SXX ESC or Tekin mtr.,and Tenkin ESC. etc. These cars ARE SERIOUS race cars, weekend basher, aka speed runs in the street.......not so much. Hope this is of some help. I REALLY LIKE these cars!!! Hope you have a blast with yours. Chris S. LETZ RACE!!