Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sakura XI Sport vs Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sakura XI Sport vs Associated TC4

Hi all. i tried search but could come up with the info i was looking for.

I am thinking about buying a XI sport after having a zero s. the price is right at $125. However, after looking around i can get the TC4 roller chasis for $150

would i be better off getting the associated with all the parts support or is the TC4 going to be discontinued soon? I mean associated is on TC6.1 or TC6.2 right?

Just wondering what some of your opinions are of what i should get.

I will be using a 21.5 or 17.5 for GT3 races here in Fresno at the Hobbytown.

Thanks for you input and if you could refer me where else to look, I'd appreciate that too

TTS
Old 05-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

XI sport, i drove one for a year before i upgraded anything on it and i made the top 5 in the A-main every week, mixing it up with the xrays, schumachers, and serpents and it hung right with them. Only difference is i paid a 1/3 of what they did lol.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Whatever you do, don't listen to bertsrand87. He'll tell you the TC4 is among the best car to currently buy and to strap in a 2.5T motor.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Whatever you do, don't listen to bertsrand87. He'll tell you the TC4 is among the best car to currently buy and to strap in a 2.5T motor.

But with full boost and turbo settings, don't forget!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't see the TC4 being discontinued anytime soon, since it was discontinued years ago and re released more recently.

If a durable tank of a TC with excellent parts support is what you want then the TC4 has it going on. The Sakura however, even the s, is going to be about four generations ahead on geometry. TC4's win at least at clubs all the time, but I would go with the Sakura. The next guy to post might adamantly disagree.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran a FT TC4 for many years well after anyone else locally.

They were a good car but with reduced weight limit 1350g became uncompetitive.

If the class has 1500g weight limit the TC4 will be well suited due to the ultra efficient drive line and low power motor.

3 racing car is pretty decent too and certainly wont be a bad choice.

Coin toss?

Last edited by frozenpod; 05-27-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

It's a good VTA car, not sure I'd use it for anything else. And if you really know what you are doing you can get it to work. Out of the box, however, the Sakura is going to be a touch easier to go fast with right away. It's a budget-ized modern TC.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I don't see the TC4 being discontinued anytime soon, since it was discontinued years ago and re released more recently.
nope never discontinued so not re-released.

TEAM > Factory Team > RTR > Club Racer

Its always been available in some form. My guess the Club Racer is nothing more then AE trying to get rid of overstock from the RTR, if you notice they discontinued a LOT of TC4 Factory Team options which would be good upgrades for the Club Racer.

Out of the box the TC4 is not lipo ready and cant get proper gearing for stock ,21.5 or VTA, both need to be fixed with a dremel. Lets not forget the front spool with plastic axles which snap as soon as you pull the throtle lol
Old 05-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Sakura XI Sport hands down.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Smile

Correct !!!! Ahahah...... Wow, I am as famous as the tc4........lol..... It's just the best TC ever made at such a bargain price...
As long as you run lightweight everything(including battery), you'll be able to compete at 1350grams ......rice.......
Originally Posted by nf_ekt

But with full boost and turbo settings, don't forget!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by moparSRT
nope never discontinued so not re-released.

TEAM > Factory Team > RTR > Club Racer

Its always been available in some form. My guess the Club Racer is nothing more then AE trying to get rid of overstock from the RTR, if you notice they discontinued a LOT of TC4 Factory Team options which would be good upgrades for the Club Racer.
I was making assumptions based on the marketing of the kit as a Club Racer being a rebadged re-release of a no longer available kit. I surely did not realize that it was available the whole time. Then again the Yokomo SD has existed in some form or another ever since it fell from popularity as a TC racer. It has mostly existed as a drift car, but recently has been released similar to the TC4 for club racing. Similar price point as well.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

ttsquirrel, Im not familiar with any of those chassis but as a budget car that's up to date I would choose the XI. I have raced in Fresno so go talk to Brian. He is very helpful in that regard.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Also take a look at the Spec-R sport level cars. The S1 and S2. They are both right at that $125 Mark. Yokomo has a sport BD7 for $215 or so. I think serpent has a sport version and X-Ray too, but I don't know what the price is on those.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For the classes you plan to run you really can't go wrong with either car. Personally Im a tc4 guy. It takes a little work with a dremel and in my case a front ball diff and your ready to race. The 3racing car though is race ready once you build it and can be easily and fairly inexpensivley upgraded to a real pretty carbon fiber car that could hang in any class u could put it in. I personally would buy whichever car my LHS carries parts for.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:48 PM
Tech Rookie

The sakura xi has taken out alot of races at or local race meets against the t4 xrays tc6s etc,in open mod.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.