R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   What do you guys think of the Hara Twister 2.1 ESC? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/81646-what-do-you-guys-think-hara-twister-2-1-esc.html)

rcnewb2004 08-21-2005 11:06 PM

What do you guys think of the Hara Twister 2.1 ESC?

Who has one?

Any opinions? I am thinking of buying one for $160 USD? Sound like a good deal?

Any pros/cons? You feedback is appreciated! :nod:

rc-zombies 08-21-2005 11:29 PM

$160.00
I got mine for $125.00 :nod: getting this week.
Tower has them on ( or did have them.. all sold out..they expect another shipment soon) sell for $149.99 + get another $25.00 for orders over $$149
that's $125.00...

I have the Twister 2... great speedo... 2.1 has newer fets and temp cut-off.

rcnewb2004 08-21-2005 11:46 PM

Ok, I am pissed.

I searched tower hobbies first and they didn't even have the esc on their catalog. I typed in "hara" and all that came up was his car. and when I searched "hara twister" nothing came up! :cry:

B*st*rds!

rcnewb2004 08-21-2005 11:58 PM

Hehe, just got to read your last sentence now.. silly me.

Temp cutoff... cool. Never had those fancy things in my old escs before.

Actually, I was also wondering, is there a such thing as a short circuit protection circuitry? I have fried 2 escs because of a short circuit already.

Anyone think any think particular speedo can prevent these 2 events from ever happening to me again?

my last accident involved me nudging a curb, which caused my reciever to go whack. My car got stuck on full throttle and ran off the parkinglot track, underneath the tire of a real car and got itself wedged. It was wedged so tightly that the wheels would not spin. Since power is pouring from the esc into the motor, and the motor could not turn, because the wheels and everyhting are stuck, something had to give, so my esc gave, and melted into a glob of plastic.

the accident previous to that involved scraps of wet newspaper on the ground near the area where i practiced. (should've checked the parking lot more carefully) one of the scraps flew up and touched the + and - terminals on my esc and ofcourse that melted my esc into a blob again. I just want to know if there is any circuitry in this ESC to stop this from happening a third time.

Paladin 08-22-2005 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
$160.00
Tower has them on ( or did have them.. all sold out..they expect another shipment soon) sell for $149.99 + get another $25.00 for orders over $$149
that's $125.00...

I too searched tower, they are under Hot Bodies, BUT they are out of stock until September.

If I order now, do I hget the back order at sale price?

rc-zombies 08-22-2005 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Thor_jnb
I too searched tower, they are under Hot Bodies, BUT they are out of stock until September.

If I order now, do I hget the back order at sale price?

yes..you'll get the back order sale price..
your credit card won't get charged til item is instock.

rcnewb2004 08-22-2005 10:56 AM

OK I AM PISSED.

WHY THE F*CK IS IT UNDER "HOT BODIES"?

AND WHO"S SO LAME AS TO NOT LET THE WORDS "ATSUSHI HARA" RETURN ANYTHING IN THE SEARCH ENGINE?

I GOT F*CKING GYPED $45 BECAUSE OF THAT???????????????????????

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH#*$(#$&*%#$_$#*$#)$.

damn this feels like a ridiculous hang over.

rc-zombies 08-22-2005 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
OK I AM PISSED.

WHY THE F*CK IS IT UNDER "HOT BODIES"?

AND WHO"S SO LAME AS TO NOT LET THE WORDS "ATSUSHI HARA" RETURN ANYTHING IN THE SEARCH ENGINE?

I GOT F*CKING GYPED $45 BECAUSE OF THAT???????????????????????

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH#*$(#$&*%#$_$#*$#)$.

damn this feels like a ridiculous hang over.

calm down... this is a family oriented message board..
there's no need for harsh language.

have you tried to do a search... Twister :confused:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLCT1&P=7

rc-zombies 08-22-2005 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
$160.00
that's $125.00...

Please note
no Temp cut-off!!! on V2.1
only V2 has the Temp cut-off.

rcnewb2004 08-22-2005 11:27 AM

Well, everything that is non-family oriented has been * off. But i understand there is no use crying over spilt milk.

Yes i did actually, but I had no clue that the hot bodies esc is the same as the hara esc, because nothing on there even remotely says its from hot bodies.

Its like "i drive a rolce royce" but then you are actually driving a volks wagon.

Why is there no temp cutoff on the 2.1? the new fets can take higher temps, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suffer from over heating?

rc-zombies 08-22-2005 11:51 AM

for stock and 19T I don't think there will be a problem with overheating...
just when running low turn mod's ...
heatsink is available...even the Q2 quantum heatsink will fit.

I just recieved mine minutes ago...

the Label reads:

*Racing Edition* Not equipped with
thermal protection - If overloaded, damage is irreversible.

a supplimental sheet also reads:
*carbon print will flake off over time due to repetitive use of double-stick tape or use of cleaners.
*Because this product is designed for racing compition, it is not equip with the thermal protection circuit. It is likely to ignite by the paradox and the overlaod of the power supply. Please promptly stop, and check this unit when you feel there is an abnormality after you have started using it.
*Please acknowledge beforehand that repairing becomes impossible when dammaged.

too bad this speedo doesn't have the life-time warrantee similar to LRP's...
but it may have LRP's flaking cases... :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

rcnewb2004 08-22-2005 11:58 AM

cool, u just got your twister2.1? sweet. must be excited? :sneaky:

I run a 10x1 and that's why there is slight concern. I think i will use the heatsink from my old futaba esc that i fried.

"*Racing Edition* Not equipped with
thermal protection - If overloaded, damage is irreversible."

I will hate myself if anything happens to this eSC : :eek:

Or maybe I will go into 19T :D

Btw, is there any manual or anything teaching how to solder onto those tabs sticking out of the ESC nicely? Silver solder a good choice?

Does it come with 12 gauge or 14 gauge wire?

rc-zombies 08-22-2005 01:02 PM

comes with the manual and soldering / wiring instructions.

comes with 13ga wires. in black, neon green and neon pink
capacitor, diode for the motor.

same accessories & manual that come with any VFS-1 esc.

visit the VFS-1 thread for set-up help. there no need for identical threads...
other than initial set-up the Twister and VFS-1 are identical..

rcnewb2004 08-22-2005 10:52 PM

Hey Zombie,

I am sorry if this thread is doubling anything. I tried my best to read through the 40 pages in the VFS-1 thread. But that's simply just way too much stuff there for most normal peoples to dig through.

I am curious, I do not mean to doubt you, but do you mean 12 gauge wires? (its just rare to hear about 13 gauge wires, since i have not seen a speedo in my area with 13 gauge)

Also curious, the VFS-1 has been out for a year now. The twister 2.1 has not been out for nearly as long? Except for a Hara program on there, its specs are exactly the same as the VFS-1? why did it take so long? any speculations?

Once again, I am sorry if I have doubled any questions, but this search engine really does not help to find the answers I need on this forum. :smile:

rc-zombies 08-22-2005 11:02 PM

I believe LRP usedd 13ga wires as well...and possibly Novak..

2.1 was only been out for a month.
version 2 has been out less than a year and identical to the VFS-1

the new VFS-1 also has the new features and carbon case and Yokomo/Rayspeed will release there newer version as well.

Hibiki on the Vfs-1 thread can get more detailed than I can.. I'm still learning to use the esc and software... since I have Twister 2 installed in my pro4...I may not install V2.1 till I get my HB cyclone. :D