R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-04-2001, 08:11 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Novak Millennium Pro

OK, I'm about to purchase a new charger. I am thinking about the new Millennium Pro from Novak. Anyone have one yet and what are your thoughts on it.
dcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 08:13 PM   #2
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

I haven't used one, but i know the one we got in was out the door faster than any charger we have sold. It probably wasnt even on the shelf for a whole day.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 09:43 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

if the millenium pro's price is just a bit more than the old one, then i think it will be a great value. especially if you have one of their programmable esc's (cyclone & atom) since it has a built in pit wizard. other great features would be a lower voltage threshold for nimhs and peak detect lockout to avoid false peaks.
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 11:53 AM   #4
RCTech Member #2

I think Charlie said it is about $3 more than the original Millenium. I do not remember the exact price, but it is competitive with the CE PitBull.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
Old 10-07-2001, 11:42 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

Default Millenium Pro Comment's or Problems

I would like to get so first hand knowledge of any problems or comments about the new Millenium Pro charger.
I currently have a old Tekin BC-112C that work well with 2000's but not 3000's because it a early software ver. (E26).
My other reason for getting the Millenium Pro is because it got the pit wizard built in, so that I can prog. my Cyclone sc. My local LHS just got some in on friday night so I temped to get one but I would like to know of comments (good or bad) or problems first. Also is their anyway to use my BC112 as a power source from a Millenium Pro or do I need a dedicated power supply like a Novak
N Power supply. My BC112C has a output to plug another BC112A in , so I think it might work but I'm not sure.

Thanks in Advance
Mach3

Last edited by Mach3; 10-07-2001 at 11:53 AM.
Mach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 09:29 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Hairball Send a message via AIM to Hairball Send a message via Yahoo to Hairball

I just bought one last friday, and i've been using it almost non-stop all weekend cycling my packs.

First off, the manual included sucks. Its pretty much worthless. If you don't have previous experince with a Millennium charger, you're going to be a little lost (like me, ).

A basic operation is self explanatory, so actually using the charger is a no-brainer, but using the advanced features can be a bit confusing.

My experience so far is that the charger works great. My packs are already showing inprovement in run times over my previous charger (a Tekin BC67).

I'm only using Sanyo 2000 packs right now, so I can't say anything for the 3000 charging capabilities.

Verdict so far - GREAT Charger, WORTHLESS Manual.

As far as using the BC112C's DC output to power the Millennium Pro, I'd go over to www.teamnovak.com and ask that question on thier board. I'd assume it'll work, but I'm get a manufacter's opinion first.
Hairball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 10:10 PM   #7
RCTech Member #2

What problems do you have with the instructions? Just the fact that it doesnt tell you what rates to charge at? The 2 profilers should be set for Nimah & nicad... I would just use the basic profile untill you learn what the rates do.

But this is what i charge my cells at:
2000 - 4amp then .025 for peak.
2400 - 4.5amp .025 peak
3000 - 4.5 or 5.0 and .020
RCTech Member #2

Old 10-08-2001, 02:35 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
But this is what i charge my cells at:
2000 - 4amp then .025 for peak.
2400 - 4.5amp .025 peak
3000 - 4.5 or 5.0 and .020
Whats the reasons for these relative slow charging rates? Safety? I charge both my 1700, 2000 and 2400 packs with 6,5 amps. It doesen't seem to shorten lifetime, nor performance. In fact, my experience is, that the higher charge rate, the more punch I get.

By the way, I'm using a pulse charger. According to the manual, pulse charging gives more punch than linear charging. Do some of you have any experience with that?

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 10-08-2001 at 02:38 AM.
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 09:45 AM   #9
RCTech Member #2

Yes, Pulse chargers are supose to give slight more punch than linear charging. But do NOT use pulse on NiMh cells. I charge them at that rate, then re-peak just about 2 minutes before i run. I usually pump it up to 5amps for the re-peak. I don't know why i chose these... just what i use i guess... and i know they arent bad starting points for someone who wants to experiment.
RCTech Member #2

Old 10-08-2001, 04:59 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

Anyone who wants or is thinking of getting the Millennium Pro, I highly reccomend getting it! I just got mine a couple days ago, and just let me say as a recent Millennium owner the new Pro is even easier to use and more accurate! NICE job Orange Power!
Old 10-13-2001, 07:46 AM   #11
Tech Adept

ttt
dcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 09:35 AM   #12
Tech Rookie

I think it's not possible to use your 112c as powersupply, because the output voltage of the charger is to high. I thought output is 24v dc. The input voltage the millenium pro needs is 12-15v dc.
Topforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 11:52 AM   #13
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to rallyweapon

I'm about to get a new charger. Millenium Pro or Pit Bull ? Anybody has or knows someone who has experience on both or either one ?
rallyweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 06:42 PM   #14
RCTech Member #2

I have the CE Pitbull, It is a great charger, but i think the Novak would be a little better if you use Novak ESC's, and if you plan on using mainly 3k batteries. It has the new peak detection for the nimah2 mode. The PitBull still does the job, and very well i might add. Just don't use the "telephone" sound to let you know when it is done.. i got people saying " If that damn telephone rings again im going to throw it against the wall" ....hehe... so don't use that sound.. And you can shut the sounds off, no biggie...

If you have Q's about the pitbull feel free to ask..
RCTech Member #2

Old 10-14-2001, 03:50 AM   #15
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I charge both my 1700, 2000 and 2400 packs with 6,5 amps. It doesen't seem to shorten lifetime, nor performance. In fact, my experience is, that the higher charge rate, the more punch I get
cole, i don't question your batteries feel more punchy, but i doubt they'll hold up past a few months. after a shortwhile, your batteries aren't gonna hold much punch.
diesel31 is offline   Reply With Quote