R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2001, 11:26 AM   #46
Tech Adept

Default SMH

Hey Charlie. So they just discharge the cells to .85 per cell and leave them. Do you know if they use them more than once a day or is just once a week? I race my SMH's in stock TC but I would like to be able to run mod as well. Is there a way to keep up both voltage and run time? No factory guys to ask here. Heck I am the first to try SMH's here. Thanks.
highx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 04:41 PM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

highx- where do you race at?
Old 11-06-2001, 04:47 PM   #48
Tech Master

HighX. Discharge to .9 or .85 there's no significant difference. I run my packs twice a day. Any more cycles than that and they feel slow. That seems to be the norm from what I have gathered.

We feel that it is best to charge at 4 amps in the NiMH2 mode of the Millennium Pro (You will notice a difference compared to other chargers). After your race, discharge the pack to .9 per cell and let it cool down and store the pack. That's it. Pretty simple, and works very very well. This is what we have gathered based on in house testing and feed back from our team drivers.

I personally race as often as I can, and that method does work very well.

If anyone has further questions please feel free to contact me directly, or visit our Orange Room. www.teamnovak.com
Old 11-07-2001, 02:55 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info Charlie. I race at with a few other guys at a local school parking lot. We run mostly stock because of the lack of traction and interest in crashing. We used to have a lot more people but everytime we got a good turn out we would attract attention to ourselves. We have had to move about five times in the last year because of noise or some other bogus reason. Most guys make a 45 minute drive to a permanent track.
highx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 03:03 AM   #50
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to spider

charlie: what's up at the orange room? today when i visit there the list of forums doesn't come out. fyi.
spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 09:05 AM   #51
Tech Master

Thanks Spider. We're working on it.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:24 AM   #52
Tech Rookie

Power supply for Millennium Pro

Hey guys, I just got a Millennium Pro two weeks ago and I think it rocks. My problem is the power supply that I was going to use turn out not to (some wierd spiking problem) so I need a new one. So my question is what type of power supply do you guys run with your millennium pro. I know about the N power from novak but it's abit more then I want to spend. I may end up getting it anyway but I was looking at something like the Integy 7 amp ps. or something similar to that (i.e. around $120 dollars cdn so about $80 dollars US).

Thanks Mach3
Mach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 09:47 AM   #53
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Get a Riveragate power supply. There are the best. You can buy them online too. www.rivergatedist.com is the website. Get one that will also suit your needs in the future also, ie. maybe a another charger, tire truer, or even motor dyno.
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 10:55 AM   #54
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Your LHS should be able to get Rivergate. I'm considering getting the 45amp to replace my N-Power.

The N-Power is great, but im looking at getting a lathe and other stuff. It just doesnt cut it past the charger
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 12:32 PM   #55
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

TSR6: dang man, 45 amps! Man are you trying to power all your equipment at once?
Old 11-07-2001, 12:45 PM   #56
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Darkside,
I called Fantom and they recommended the 75 amp model to power their Facts Machine dyno. That is one serious power supply.
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 02:56 PM   #57
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
TSR6: dang man, 45 amps! Man are you trying to power all your equipment at once?
heh... I'm more looking into what i would like to be doing in the future. I would like to get another charger ( CE T-35, or whatever they dream up between now and when i have the $ ), and a lathe. I was looking at pricing, and it wasnt that bad.. So its just a consideration. I doubt ill get it anytime soon... but it is my next powersupply..
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 10:00 PM   #58
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What other high end charger is like the M pro??

I want to get a new charger just to charge my AA batteries for my micro now

Later on, maybe get back to 1/10 so which Charger do you guys recommand??

TFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 02:21 AM   #59
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to spider

you can actually charge your double-a's with the millenium. what i did was to get a doube-a batt holder that holds 4 batts. then use the millenium on nimh mode.
spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 07:34 PM   #60
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Those four AA cells holder suck....i dont know why, i charge it with those...kept on false peaking...
TFR is offline   Reply With Quote