R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-28-2014, 02:35 AM   #16
Tech Regular

its often more economical to buy a full blown racecar than a stripped down version, it often ends with alot of upgrades and in the end its the same spec as the race version, but alot more expensive.

but i must say the spec r s2 looks REALLY good for the $90 it costs on rcmart
Old 05-28-2014, 03:35 AM   #17
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bappe View Post
its often more economical to buy a full blown racecar than a stripped down version, it often ends with alot of upgrades and in the end its the same spec as the race version, but alot more expensive.

but i must say the spec r s2 looks REALLY good for the $90 it costs on rcmart
Funny that because there are specrs and sakura xis racing in open mod class at our track meets winning constantly,3.5-4.5t motors depending on track layout against tc6s and t4 xrays etc,a sakura holds the track record of 11.8 secs.
Next edition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:45 AM   #18
Tech Regular

well as the plastic wears out on the stripped down cars most people opt to buy alu upgrades for replacement, and in the end the car usual is more towards the race version.

why i mentioned the spec r s2 is just because its a great handling car for almost free. (but by time youll get some alu bits as the plastic wears out)
Old 05-28-2014, 05:20 AM   #19
Tech Elite

That can be true, but it doesn't need to be. Plastic can actually outlive alloy parts depending on where it's used, how many times you need to take things apart and how ham fisted you are. And keep in mind, alloy parts are always heavier than plastic.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:32 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Also those lower budget cars used in mod classes are probably better off in there instead of like a 17.5 blinky or a slower class like that. This is because they dont have the tunability as the higher dollar cars. I've already upgraded my 6.2 a great deal, with parts that is spent a lot of time looking for. Because no one makes a good amount of parts for that car yet. So I either had to find parts from another car that were the correct fit. Or i had to make them. Also the lower dollar cars take more time to make them right. Again ill use my car as an example, the sway bars you have to polish up (depending on how old and which mold the parts came from) to make them the same left to right, and free. Im sure on the xray that step isnt needed. It took me probably 3-4 hours to do both sway bars systems. You get what you pay for. That statement is generally true. The awesomatix is nice however you have to know your set up very well, and have to have a good amount of time in between races to check everything to make sure it hasnt change. Each car has its + and its -. Im sure that some have less than others. But as someone said originally xray and schumacher are coming out with a new car. I know a guy that is taking pre orders, I heard that the only similarities between the Mi5 and the Mi5 evo is the transmission (which i think are the diffs and spools). Anyways the guys website is discountrcstore.com
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
Also those lower budget cars used in mod classes are probably better off in there instead of like a 17.5 blinky or a slower class like that. This is because they dont have the tunability as the higher dollar cars. I've already upgraded my 6.2 a great deal, with parts that is spent a lot of time looking for. Because no one makes a good amount of parts for that car yet. So I either had to find parts from another car that were the correct fit. Or i had to make them. Also the lower dollar cars take more time to make them right. Again ill use my car as an example, the sway bars you have to polish up (depending on how old and which mold the parts came from) to make them the same left to right, and free. Im sure on the xray that step isnt needed. It took me probably 3-4 hours to do both sway bars systems. You get what you pay for. That statement is generally true. The awesomatix is nice however you have to know your set up very well, and have to have a good amount of time in between races to check everything to make sure it hasnt change. Each car has its + and its -. Im sure that some have less than others. But as someone said originally xray and schumacher are coming out with a new car. I know a guy that is taking pre orders, I heard that the only similarities between the Mi5 and the Mi5 evo is the transmission (which i think are the diffs and spools). Anyways the guys website is discountrcstore.com
I've had a spec r s1 and did most of the upgrades to it, basically became a r1, but even then couldn't get the car setup right to work at my local track, switched to a top photon and then a s411 which worked a lot better time to move on to something else, xray t4 2014 seems like best option right now, but I am still thinking about the awesomatix,
Cheers fellas for the help
Old 05-30-2014, 06:55 AM   #22
Tech Regular

So pulled the trigger on the t4 2014 LHS should have it for me by mid next week, thanks everyone once again for all your help.
Cheers,
Tiago
Old 05-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiago890 View Post
So pulled the trigger on the t4 2014 LHS should have it for me by mid next week, thanks everyone once again for all your help.
Cheers,
Tiago
Cool. See ya on the rug at critters in a few months.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Cheers,
Tiago
You've made an excellent choice. It's easily the best TC X-Ray has released since they started selling EP TCs (and I've driven every version offered since 2001...)

Built using the kit setup sheet, it's practically a winner right out of the box.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #25
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Try to beat Bert with that Xray T4 too..........lol......ahahah....... Bert will be beating the Awesomatix cars soon....lol........
Quote:
Cheers,
Tiago
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #26
Tech Elite

You won't regret it.

The Schuie cars are a very fine product indeed, but the Xray is equally refined. The only thing that I would say is a whisker above the Xray is the Mi5 gear diff which is probably the most refined on the market today. With the possible exception - if it ever happens - of a further development of the Corally straight teeth gear diffs I would guess there's not much more one can ask for in that department. But that is just one part of the whole.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Try to beat Bert with that Xray T4 too..........lol......ahahah....... Bert will be beating the Awesomatix cars soon....lol........
Bert you better step up your game, once I get it built I can guarantee you i will be at the track at least once a week all summer practicing, now just have to speak to the NYRT guys to figure out how they get there minis to go so fast...
Old 06-19-2014, 03:59 AM   #28
Tech Initiate

What about the Mi5evo vs Xray T4 2014?
Or wait for the xray T4/5 2015?
Cabocuts is offline   Reply With Quote