TC6 VTA Road racer..Motor Suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC6 VTA Road racer..Motor Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TC6 VTA Road racer..Motor Suggestions?

I've got a TC6 with a TC 6.1 beveled gear rear diff. I raced it on carpet 3 times. Right now it is running a Novak GTB first Gen ESC and a Tekin Redline 17.5. And that is where the problem lays. The 17.5 just isn't enough and the GTB will handle even the lowest turn motors, I just don't know which one to buy. Can anyone please recommend a 540 sensored motor that won't break the bank, but will be quick and torquey.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Tekin esc... problem solved.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Moving on...

What class are you running?

The Turnigy Trackstar motors are in the 'bang for the buck' wheelhouse, and are available in various models. The GTB is still a very capable esc, newer models may have a smoother feel to them but there's really no need to replace that. Have you adjusted the timing on the Tekin motor at all?

Old 05-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

my vote is for the trackstar motors. i run 2 of them. great bang for the buck. was pulling 17.5 laptimes in my vta car with a trackstar 21.5 but i guess it helped that it was an awesomatix car too.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:18 PM
Tech Rookie

I am not racing in any class. I just bought this TC6 with a 6.1 rear diff for 120$ and it came with the GTB, Redline 17.5, a very decent Orion servo, 3 nice shells and one basher. I don't know whether I should sell it or put a sweet VTA look on it and throw a strong and fast motor in it. I have a Mamba Max Pro laying around that I could throw into it. How much would that improve the performance over the GTB?
Old 05-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Tech Rookie

I wanted to build an 8th scale Muscle car inspired build but the parts and shells just aren't out there yet
Old 05-26-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So it's a parking lot basher not a VTA ride. Sounds like you are missing out by not setting it up for VTA. That's just me.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Tekin esc... problem solved.
Tell me how simply throwing one of the RS pro's or an RX8 I have laying around is going to turn my 17.5 turn motor into a 4.5 turn motor?
Old 05-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven3707
Tell me how simply throwing one of the RS pro's or an RX8 I have laying around is going to turn my 17.5 turn motor into a 4.5 turn motor?
4.5, no, but Boost and Turbo (which an RS can do very well) can make a 17.5 perform closer to the speed of a 10.5. I don't know if that is what he was trying to say though.

VTA shells won't tend to handle very well at speed since they have very little downforce. Works fine at 21.5 or 25.5 blinky speeds, but faster than that and they tend to spin out a lot easier than a shell that was designed to go faster, like a global body spec touring car shell

Racers make up a small portion of the world of RC in general, but racers are the majority on this forum. Keep that in mind. So you may not want to race with us, but you don't seem to have a problem asking us questions or insulting us.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

It's a joke, don't take it serious. Tekin is banned in USVTA, even the spec version esc, which I don't agree with. You mentioned VTA in your thread, so I sarcastically ran with it. Forgive me !!!

BUT..... with that RS pro you are going to be able to dial in boost / turbo. Mated to a Tekin 17.5, you should be able to get some decent speed out of it. Maybe GIVE IT A TRY??? What do you have to lose?
Old 05-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by locked
Racers make up a small portion of the world of RC in general, but racers are the majority on this forum. Keep that in mind. So you may not want to race with us, but you don't seem to have a problem asking us questions or insulting us.
^
^^
^^^
^
^
^
Old 05-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sure if you want to call is a basher, but it is no loss if I don't race anymore. I will sell it for 350$ with everything included except TX. I have no want or need to race with the snotty, stuck up racer's here anymore. I guess VTA wasn't right as you guys consider the words Vintage Trans Am a class, when if you think about it it is just a muscle car inspired build on a TC chassis.
I don't mean to be stuck on semantics, but VTA defines a class of race car. And you say you don't want to race. Bashing is stomping around the parking lot. To me that sounds like your plans. VTA is not just muscle car racing. I used to think that myself. That's why I know how silly it sounds to say that. Snotty, stuck up racers on here? That doesn't add up. VTA racers don't match your description. Are you sure these are the people that snubbed you. Move along. These aren't the snobs you're looking for.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
^
Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
"I have no want or need to race with the snotty, stuck up racer's here anymore. I guess VTA wasn't right as you guys consider the words Vintage Trans Am a class, when if you think about it it is just a muscle car inspired build on a TC chassis." Those were my words and I was a racer once too, and I am not insulting all racers. There is just an issue with the racers that put on the events in my area. I am in no way saying that all racers are stuck up jerks or anything like that. It just happens to be true in the small city that I live in. Racer, basher, parking lot drifter, beginner or expert...we are all the same rc addicts and if you don't see it that way then maybe you should re-examine your thinking a little.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

"I have no want or need to race with the snotty, stuck up racer's here anymore. I guess VTA wasn't right as you guys consider the words Vintage Trans Am a class, when if you think about it it is just a muscle car inspired build on a TC chassis." Those were my words and I was a racer once too, and I am not insulting all racers. There is just an issue with the racers that put on the events in my area. I am in no way saying that all racers are stuck up jerks or anything like that. It just happens to be true in the small city that I live in. Racer, basher, parking lot drifter, beginner or expert...we are all the same rc addicts and if you don't see it that way then maybe you should re-examine your thinking a little.
I think you need to have a beer and relax
Old 06-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When you said "here" I thought you were talking about the racers here on RCTech. If I had initially understood it as you saying "in my area", I would have left that last paragraph out of my comment.

Since you aren't racing the car, put as much motor as you want in it, but it won't turn well at speed with a VTA shell and you will wear out driveline components faster in correlation to how fast of a motor that you put in it. Outdrives, belts, pulleys, spur gears, etc. all wear out much quicker with low turn motors and faster still when you are not running on a prepped race surface.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.